Bosch motor technical.

Well im at 2000km on my Cube Cross Pro and the Bosch CX motor is still going strong. The 500Wh battery is also performing fantastic.
No complaints from me at this point.

Went to switzerland. Saw a lot of people riding bosh eMTBs. Asked how old there where: none of them would be more than a couple of years Old. Asked how much they use it: not as much as they'd like. Funny thing: some people even told me they actually keep it at home most of the time, because it's so expensive and they are affraid of theft or breaking something.
Seen the internals, and keep thinking: there is a BIG recall just waiting to happen on those motors. Bottom line is: if you are casual user who wants an occasional trouble-free-WE-ride, bosh is great. Sign up for the long term support - it will pay out. Best torque sensor ever.

But if you are anywhere near serious ebiking (like 10miles/day commuting), I'd NEVER get a motor that expensive you cannot fix yourself.

I'm pleased to say I've just clocked 2000km on my Cube Cross Pro with CX motor.
I agree about the cost and concern for reliability. I've not treated mine like a baby in fact no servicing, no washing and 60km per commute via hills. The speedbox2 has made a big difference and works perfectly.
If i can make it to 7000km then I will be very impressed with bosch and will then buy a new bosch. If it fails before then I will shout so loud so bosch are acutely aware of my pain.

It should be possible to capture the serial data going from the battery to the controller to see if there is maybe a way to spoof it using a small Arduino. The Arduino emulates the stock battery and fools the controller into thinking it is a genuine Bosch. Then you could use any battery with the right voltage.

Yes that's the objective and in this forum under Battery Technology there are people discussing different options to hack the program, build own packs or find chinese supplier that has already done this.

I have a performance line cx

Chipped

Heavy rider

Ride it very hard always turbo charge it 2x daily

1200km so far

No reduction in performance or range

Actually feels like it’s getting better

Only problem is chain and cluster is due for replacement already

This will apply to Bosch and their attempt to make home repairs impossible.

US passes landmark decision in ‘right to repair’ movement | TechRadar
https://www.techradar.com/news/us-passes-landmark-decision-in-right-to-repair-movement

Back