Bought a new phone

My android device not only has every music making ability and more, is effortless to remote desktop into a Windblows or Linux or Mac, but I don't even need to. I've got the ability to edit and tweak excel/PowerPoint/word/pdfs natively right on my device.

Something else neat? I can add and change anything I like on my device. If I wanted to make the drum program have a 9th track to combine, no problem, a little editing and some debugging and repack and my phone will allow me to use the software.

I also get to directly support the person who created the music rather than feeding the crooked machine of lawyers. All music is free of course, and the stuff you enjoy you directly contribute to the performer. That way a buck of your buck reaches them rather than $0.15 of the dollar reaching then or whatever the standard rate was. And with that music file, its yours to freely copy and share with anyone anywhere, and unlike iTunes, when you die your purchased music licenses (or whatever they call music now) don't become invalid for someone else to enjoy.

you still rocking the Galaxy Note?

Had mine for around a month and really love the screen, I always enjoy using it when I'm out and the ladies, they know :mrgreen: good conversation started.
Needs ICS to take full advantage of what it is.

t3sla said:
you still rocking the Galaxy Note?

Very happily rocking the note still. :)

t3sla said:
Needs ICS to take full advantage of what it is.

I've been using ICS since Dec (or maybe Jan?). Learn to use your device, and all ROM's and OS's are available to you.

This is my current favorite ROM for the Note. It's an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) version of ICS that combines a lot of the best features of Cyanogen's work along with the best software ideas from dozens of other devices.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1552554

MikeFairbanks said:
I'm sticking with Apple for now and the near future.

It's OK, not everyone can think for themselves.

MikeFairbanks said:
I think Microsoft, for all its good qualities, is nothing more than a money-making operation. Even though Apple's bottom line is its priority, at least they are trying to be creative. Microsoft is a butthole, in my opinion. They are about to release a license that you have to purchase if you want to use a non-windows based device to remotely access a windows desktop.

I don't even use MS, and a bit confused about how it relates to Android. I'm typing this on my laptop using Ubuntu that has exclusively freely developed open source software written by folks who enjoy making good software as a hobby rather than doing it for a paycheck. I would pick a single passion motivated developer to make amazing creative work over an army of pay-check motivated 9-5'ers, regardless if the door says MS or Apple on it.

MikeFairbanks said:
In other words, if your computer at work uses Windows, and you're in Vegas having fun and your boss calls: "Hey, Jim. I need you to work on the McGorsky account and have it finished by tomorrow," well, you're in a bit of a pickle, aren't you?

So you have to tell the ladies goodnight, get to your room and access your work computer from your not-windows-based phone.

Well, Microsoft doesn't want you using your android or Iphone to access Windows anymore unless you first buy a license.

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. Open source symbian code from years back is what apple copied to make their primitive remote access software. All android devices can remote terminal into any OS and do anything they like, and with dozens of software options to do it, or you could create your own. Nothing an MS lawyer wants to write will have any effect on your ability to access your wind-blows box, hell, it's not even possible to keep unwelcome visitors from your wind-blows box if they feel so inclined, let alone if you've got local access to the box to setup whatever remote client software you like to pair with your phone.

oh nice, I've rooted so I can use Voodoo Louder (really need to get nice line level out for the car amp) and AdFree (dam that thing is ace)
I use darky rom on my SGS and was waiting for them to finish up on an ICS build.

Just got a '5000Mah' battery delivered :twisted: (for super long trips) along with an OTG cable -> USB gamepad + emulators + big batter = hours of endless joy

Really want the USB->HMDI cable to arrive, curious to see if audio pipes through.

AdFree is OKAY! Try AdAway app and they are far much better.

t3sla said:
AdFree (dam that thing is ace)

another must have the apps for your phone!

PDroid - The Better Privacy Protection - PDroid link

This required patch your framework.jar, and libcore.jar and one of file I forgot which. To order get it function properly communication to the PDroid app configuration to keep your personal data out of nosey developers even
prevent leak your personal data without your knowledge.

ICS is under development and they should release very soon. I cant wait!

desc:
Code:
PDroid allows blocking access for any installed application to the following data separately:

Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
    Subscriber ID (IMSI)
    SIM serial (ICCID)
    Phone and mailbox number
    Incoming call number
    Outgoing call number
    GPS location
    Network location
    List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
    Account auth tokens
    Contacts
    Call logs
    Calendar
    SMS
    MMS
    Browser bookmarks and history
    System logs
    SIM info (operator, country)
    Network info (operator, country)

For device ID, phone and mailbox number, SIM serial, subscriber ID and device location it also allows supplying custom or random values.

[youtube]ZMcX2vmycqY[/youtube]

FX File Explorer *kickass!*
[youtube]sPQG7asocNw[/youtube]
FX_FileManager.png

Back