Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
swbluto said:
Wonder if I'd need a lawyer to write something bulletproof.

So why does shooting just keep coming up with you?

swbluto said:
Rent to own the 99 year lease at $300/month with all the "ownership" privileges. Scheduled ownership in 7 years. Can be paid off early.

Rent the structure at $500/month with all the tenant benefits but none of the ownership privileges. No possibility of eventual ownership.

I wonder what people would prefer...

They'd prefer built to code. Why would someone pay more just to rent than to own?

swbluto said:
Saw this girl who was acting a little childish and she had a high pitched voice. I thought, "High schooler", lol.

I first thought "Is this an adult with a naturally high pitched voice"? Kind of surprised.

But then I realized, "It's probably a sophomore with a sophomoric (high) pitch of voice.", lol.

Would explain the childishness.

[youtube]nHmlzmhE4dY[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
Wonder if I'd need a lawyer to write something bulletproof.

swbluto said:
Rent to own the 99 year lease at $300/month with all the "ownership" privileges. Scheduled ownership in 7 years. Can be paid off early.

Rent the structure at $500/month with all the tenant benefits but none of the ownership privileges. No possibility of eventual ownership.

I wonder what people would prefer...

They'd prefer built to code. Why would someone pay more just to rent than to own?

Well, there are benefits with renting.

Landlord handles all the appliance issues and major house maintenance issues (like roof tiles, plumbing,etc).

But with ownership, the landlord is "Hands off", all cost, maintenance and labor is pushed onto the owner (of the lease) with problems.

Of course, the major idea is that the price difference pressures people into the ownership path. Which is what people normally want, anyhow. So, effectively encourages it.

But... as a developer... I would want a straight sell, so I can snowball capital into more development more quickly. So something like cash or mortgage would be preferred,but no deed would be available for the latter. Maybe we could encourage a high deposit for the lease, something like $5000 for a small reduction in lease balance and reduced monthly payments.

I think to separate the intend to own people from "the renters", we might encourage a higher deposit.

$1000 for rent
$2000 for the lease
$5000 for a reduction in lease balance and reduced monthly payments.

Of course, we could just keep it the same as rent, with people well aware they're taking care of maintenance.

I think in that case, people might neglect fixing problems.

But... wouldn't that be equivalent to the landlord not fixing problems that he/she doesn't want to fix anyway(That the renter would be squawking about)? The fact they're not squawking because "they own the problem" is probably a benefit.

Dauntless said:

Maybe it's because my illegal neighbors kept trying to shoot me, maybe!!

Ideas of "bullet proofness" were pervasive during those times, so I'm well acquainted with those thoughts.

I know, easier said than done. But a 2014 survey by the nonprofit Prosperity Now (formerly the Corporation for Enterprise Development), on the financial vulnerabilities of microbusiness owners, found that 55% of people who owned firms with five employees or fewer said they could cover only a single month’s business expenses with their savings–and 30% had no business savings at all. Asked how they’d handle an emergency business expense of $1,000, 41% respondents said they’d have to tap personal savings, and 31% would have to borrow on a personal credit card. Some operated in constant jeopardy: A full 15% said they could not cover such an expense at all.

Wow, some cash strapped businesses! My financials are MUCH better than that.

But, I'm fully aware we're talking about 2014 vs. 2018. They should really redo this survey RIGHT NOW to have a better idea of the current climate; I have a feeling it's MUCH BETTER.

My business financials were pretty good in 2014, too, but I'll admit I wasn't paying rent, had no money tied up into real estate, and didn't pay for food, so there's no comparability to these "real" business owners.

You know...

Maybe I can do this sooner rather than later...

Start off with one on the property...

Then once I have the funds and if the first is a success, try a second.

Then eventually a third...

Then maybe even sell mine and move out.

But... oh boy... do I want to deal with "neighbors" if I can avoid them?

I guess if times were desperate, I'd just "deal with it", but... all that farmland potential. Could have my own vineyard, see a bunch of them here.

Guess I'll try to sell this property, then buy the neighboring property, and we'll make that our developmental property.

I still wonder if there's a real risk of getting bad neighbors, because the neighbors as they are now look pretty peachy.

So this is how you get roof trusses up by yourself.

[youtube]uPsLdOugzqg[/youtube]

Looks like he's powering that cable reel using his powered screwdriver. Does he have a special reel that enables that, or was that a custom adaptation?

Seems like there'd need to be some kind of worm gear for the kind of leverage he seems to have with that thing.

Looks like 7/16 osb is now 14.45! I got mine at 11 in december (Dec 15). If I waited until construction, looks like I would have paid MUCH MORE! So, good on me, timing the market.

The absolute cheapest was around Jan 15 at nearly $10. For future reference.

Wonder if I could sell the structure but not the land, lease out the land with stipulations on the structure? And could the structure be secured via mortgage? The bank wants a deed, I wonder if a deed for the structure can be made with no associated land.

And... how would the bank foreclose on the structure? I guess they would just leave it there and resell it with the associated low-cost land lease. (To maintain the driveway and taxes)

My push for "selling" as opposed to renting to accumulate capital quickly to accelerate development. Right now, there would be hard capital limits to expansion and renting would only slowly alleviate those capital limits (I'd think it'd take 2 years to really unleash full time development).

Tiny house living is just a passing fad. Don't fall for it unless you genuinely enjoy it. Trendy people tend to not think these things through enough and end up regretting it.

INCOME INEQUALITY AND LOCKED OUT OF THE MORTGAGE MARKETS IS NOT A PASSING FAD!

Gosh, people don't seem to understand the 'causes' underlying "trends".

ALTHOUGH... I see two videos of people saying quits to tiny house living starting in Jan 2018.

So, they experienced a stellar 2017 christmas economy just like I did and they think it's smooth sailing from here on out... [More specifically the economy late 2017-early 2018 judging from these "calling it quits" YT videos.]

Yeah, good luck! I'm following the motto I was long ingrained with back in childhood...

BE PREPARED!

[Plus, I already see us repeating historical patterns, getting a little concerned for the next 2 years.]

As if July 2017 didn't teach me that lesson enough...

[youtube]zPUe7O3ODHQ[/youtube]
------------

I think I'm going to install header blocks in the sides of the house in the framing for easy expansion possibilities (For hallways and whatnot leading to additional bedrooms or other rooms. You never know, I might want a trampoline room just like Bill Gates, lol.).

Someone 24 years old sold their house and moved into an apartment? Or am I assuming too much from usernames? lol

I HAVE TO ADMIT...

If I was 20 years old and inherited my parents estate and liquidated it...

I WOULD HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH CAPITAL TO KICKSTART A PROFITABLE CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS! RENTAL BUSINESS! WHATEVER BUSINESS!

So, Dauntless, count yourself lucky your parents died as early as they did, especially if you feel like it's something worth gloating over. :roll:

Some people have wealthy parents that are generous, while others have wealthy parents that die in their early 20s...

And people like me...

Have stingy wealthy parents that keep on living...

Developing wealth and savings the slow old-fashioned way...

People asking me for business and business has slowed...

Others have been feeling the slow down...

as I said...

be prepared...

I wonder if I could put this shack I'm living in right now on AirBnB? After I move out...

Got the clothes sprayed with the peremethrin, preparing for land clearing tomorrow.

Mark the rough boundaries using tape measure.
Cut down potentially interfering trees that need to be cutdown.
Designate construction site.
Clear out path to the construction site.
Clear out the construction site.

Ready to start construction.

swbluto said:
Dauntless said:

Maybe it's because my illegal neighbors kept trying to shoot me, maybe!
swbluto said:
I wonder how many people jack off during those long car rides?

Doesn't cover it at all, even if they really were trying. Or maybe we have an explanation why, there.

swbluto said:
So this is how you get roof trusses up by yourself.

Looks like he's powering that cable reel using his powered screwdriver. Does he have a special reel that enables that, or was that a custom adaptation?

Seems like there'd need to be some kind of worm gear for the kind of leverage he seems to have with that thing.

Anything you do alone will have graphic connotations now, even without the double entendre language of that one.

swbluto said:
So, Dauntless, count yourself lucky your parents died as early as they did, especially if you feel like it's something worth gloating over.

Ummm, Mom is still alive. She's healthy, looks like she'll make it to 100. I wouldn't have been a teenager when Dad died if I hadn't been such a late child. Not sure what good you think Dad dying did me. I'd have rather made my trip to USC, had a more serious education that the "McBachelors" degree from community college and Cal State, but I've acknowledged that getting forced to get a house instead meant I had one later when there was no way to get one. I'd still rather have had Dad around.

swbluto said:
I wonder if I could put this shack I'm living in right now on AirBnB? After I move out...

"Book unique homes and experiences all over the world." You thinking you qualify? They say they offer treehouses, maybe they have NO standards whatsoever, eh?

What's the big construction? On the new lot? Already? Or are you building a second shack next to the first?

http://www.themudhome.com/gravel-foundations.html

This place thinks gravel foundations work fine for houses, just as they have for thousands of years for large scale structures (Amphitheaters, etc.). He recommends going down 1.5 feet though, that's still pretty deep.

I went down about 4 inches with this shed, lol. Well, it's still standing! lol

Gravel is nice because the height can be finetuned for the cement spacers.

Oh well RECENTLY...

Did you notice the Parkland shooting that just recently happened? Like, literally, A WEEK AGO.

I first noticed it on the TV at the mexican grocery. So, it triggered investigation and thinking about it.

A common thought that other people have been thinking was....

How can we stop these shootings?

So they propose gun control.

My thoughts: That doesn't eliminate opportunity and certainly does not eliminate the motivation.

So what's the motivation?

Well, if a person straight out of highschool could afford to live on their own just like they did during 50s, and apparently just like before 2009, this wouldn't be a problem like it is now. The rising trend since 2009.

So, therein lies the problem and the potential solution will solve THAT problem.

The core issue: Rents too high compared to incomes. part time minimum wage isn't enough to cover rent,car,food,etc. in Parkland, Florida.

Looks like parkland,FL is a "nice suburb" of Miami. And, looks like there's limits on private land in that part of florida within 100 miles north of there, judging from the lack of development just past 15-20 miles from the coast... no doubt pushing up rent.

[youtube]Z32NnlIpsz8[/youtube]

The way this girl talks in an on-and-on kind of way reminds me of the HEB chick (The girl at 7:30).

I suspected we were soul mates because she was particularly intelligent. There's no doubt about her 'quickness-in-thought' judging from her behavior. And she inferred quite a bit.

swbluto said:
. . . . it triggered investigation and thinking about it.

Which often turns scary where you're concerned.

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.
-Rahm Emanuel

Painfully harmful things, things that only benefit the person pulling the job. Because that's how politicians are, they'll hurt you any way that gets them more power.

swbluto said:
. So, therein lies the problem and the potential solution will solve THAT problem.

And everyone with an agenda uses that same language for THEIR pet project. I've come to hate the word "Solutions," because that's what they call the disaster they wish to inflict to their own benefit. When this 'Solutions' emerge from such things, they are usually evil and always cause trouble without accomplishing anything. Government laws, for example. Oh, but doesn't it make the guy whose name is ON the law happy?

swbluto said:
I went down about 4 inches with this shed, lol. Well, it's still standing! lol

The Great American term for a squatters' house in the 19th century was 'Mud Hut.'

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/millennium-tower-san-francisco-leaning-tower-of-lawsuits-1/

Try putting 4 inches of stone on sand or mud. See how long you can stand on it while moving you feet. Yes you could use stone once you find bedrock. Oh well, just another shed,
Here we need a concrete slab under a SHED and it requires a PERMIT. As I said before you are in a 3rd world COUNTY!. Build it and they will condemn it.

Dan

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
. So, therein lies the problem and the potential solution will solve THAT problem.

And everyone with an agenda uses that same language for THEIR pet project. I've come to hate the word "Solutions," because that's what they call the disaster they wish to inflict to their own benefit. When this 'Solutions' emerge from such things, they are usually evil and always cause trouble without accomplishing anything. Government laws, for example. Oh, but doesn't it make the guy whose name is ON the law happy?

Well, I didn't suggest imposing some kind of "democratic" solution or any political solution for that matter.

An economic solution might be better. Such as a return to the heydays of pre-2009.

Even entrepreneurial solutions like I propose, collectively with others' initiative, would probably help. Effectively being a supplier to satisfy bulging untapped demand.

MAKE IT AS EASY AS POSSIBLE FOR THE CONSUMER is how you tap the masses' demands.

Turnkey solutions. Sign the dotted line and there you go, no extra work and special skills of your own required.

People talk of going out to the casual dining restaurants often in those days, something that the VERY FEW millenials are doing nowadays. That requires discretionary income, something in short supply when living expenses take up all of ones take-home.

But... if I were to have any kind of political solution I could imagine...

Seize land from the landowners who are not putting it to good use. Plat it out and just give it away to any qualified applicants, one at a time. Eventually all the homeless or "effectively homeless" millenials and z-ers will have a place all their own.

Then they just need a dwelling. Hire a bunch of mexicans to build the bare minimum and put the loan on the any of the qualified applicants.

Do this process throughout the entire landscape, in proportion to local demand, and eventually homelessness will be addressed.

The freeloaders. How to address that issue...

Capitalism is how its been effectively addressed. And I don't mean old people holding the vast majority of wealth in the wealth/income inequality problem (In particular, land wealth). That's just plain plutocracy.

In the case of the florida parkland solution, it'd seem relaxing the private landuse laws in the areas around florida would've helped a bit. They act like they're trapped in by a mountain range, but there's no mountains...

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
. . . . it triggered investigation and thinking about it.

Which often turns scary where you're concerned.

By thinking about it, I meant solutions! Just like everyone else is thinking about. And effective solutions requires understanding the underlying causes, which I happen to excel at identifying. Jeez, I'm more 'normal' in a peaceful kind of way than you think.

Seems like his crowded hallway approach was somewhat effective for an assault rifle compared to other situations with comparable approaches, with a count of 17. The aurora shooting had a count of 12, in a wide open theater.

Seems like the most effective was cho, armed with just pistols,count of 32. Seek and destroy seemed particularly effective. Seems like most of his count came after breaking down barricaded doorways.

All of these shootings HAPPENED DURING OR SHORTLY AFTER A SCHOOL SETTING AND COMMITTED BY MALES UNDER THE AGE OF 25.

Seems like the most effective have been "really large packed crowd", like the packed orlando night club committed by a muslim with a count of 49. And the las vegas one, count of 58. The last one is an outliar, 64 years old. He was on a gambling losing streak, just like the under 25s were on a "losing streak" in school.

Even if there was really a substantial reason to worry about me, which there never was to begin with, you really don't.

If anything, exactly the opposite. My life has been one looong WINNING STREAK, even within the constraints imposed by the Great Recession in the last couple years.

Tomorrow starts work on the quest for electricity!

I will work with an adamant energy, knowing what lies at the end of that rainbow.

And look... Adamant energy is a company subsidiary to Galleon Energy with a $188mil/year revenue. I see I'm destined for greatness. I definitely don't see "destiny", but I do see ruthless and endless ambition.

And I do see capital snowballing effects. It'll be slow at first due to capital limits, but it's going to become a monster in due time.

Maybe that's what the hottie HEB chick saw in me. She knew she came across a winner, and was forlorned to see me go.

I think playing the market 3 years after trough is pretty effective. Seems like most of the gains come in the proceeding 3-5 years.

--------------------

I think maybe I'll build the house, and then I'll try selling it. hmmm.... yes.

It's designed for my exacting standards and high ideals, so I know it'll work for someone else. That's the way it usually works.

I figure maybe the next house I'll move into. Then I'll build the next two for resell.

Then I'll buy the neighboring land and put my house and farming on that land. Then I'll sell the previous house.

That's one way to get the ball rolling quickly.

Then I'd have to deal with potentially bad neighbors in that cul-de-sac.

Well, maybe I can just wait to do it, maybe next year.

Oh, I know what this could be considered... a condo. Condos are pretty standard.

You don't own the land the condo is on, but you do own the condo.

Except this "condo" looks like a house with a yard.

[youtube]JhYZWmS_LhM[/youtube]

Good stuff happens when you act as if nothing is holding you back, especially with girls.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/florida-school-shooting/index.html

swbluto said:
Well, I didn't suggest imposing some kind of "democratic" solution or any political solution for that matter.

An economic solution might be better. Such as a return to the heydays of pre-2009.

I almost want to give you a pass on missing this one, but dammit, you KNOW an 'Economic Solution' will be the height of politicking pretending to be Democracy.

swbluto said:
Seize land from the landowners who are not putting it to good use. Plat it out and just give it away to any qualified applicants, one at a time. Eventually all the homeless or "effectively homeless" millenials and z-ers will have a place all their own.

What they do now is say that the factory making the blanks for surfboards that was in what? San Clemente? THAT was not put to good use, even though they made most of the surfboard blanks. So they took it away to make restaurants and motels. Which was good use for the CITY wanting the sales tax. Not good for people wanting jobs they could work full time at to make a living.

You are very much part of the problem, trying to blindly hand them the opportunity to destroy everything and everyone pretending to do good.

Meanwhile, you're moving to North Carolina?

Atom_Ant_Title.png

34807_133426880052388_100001552308359_190329_8332499_n.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=307287334

Dauntless said:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/florida-school-shooting/index.html

swbluto said:

I almost want to give you a pass on missing this one, but dammit, you KNOW an 'Economic Solution' will be the height of politicking pretending to be Democracy.

swbluto said:

What they do now is say that the factory making the blanks for surfboards that was in what? San Clemente? THAT was not put to good use, even though they made most of the surfboard blanks. So they took it away to make restaurants and motels. Which was good use for the CITY wanting the sales tax. Not good for people wanting jobs they could work full time at to make a living.

Restaurants employed people. And they compensated the factory owners, right?

They could've just moved operations to less economically useful and subsequently less costly land and had money left over. Win win for everyone.

If economically useful land is being denied opportunity to be developed by private landowners who are merely holding it or using it for a very low economically productive uses (like grass raising), you get unmet demand.

I actually don't know if there's "untapped demand" here in Houston, I would just assume the "suppressed millenials" are here just as they are everywhere in America. There's opportunity then to create turnkey solution for their unmet needs and then one just needs to effectively market to them so they're aware.

swbluto said:
Restaurants employed people. And they compensated the factory owners, right?

Wrong. And you think WalMartizarion is good? Replace the good well paying jobs with part time low pay no future and you're fine with it?

On what do you base such idle speculation on moving the company? Its not like a homeless guy living in a van parked down by the river. Eminent Domain pays 50-60 cents on the dollar, almost no relocation costs, if they tow your van to take your land they'll make you pay to get it out of impound.

If its as easy as you say for these people why aren't they already doing it? The land won't do anything for them unless they want to grow marijuana, then the need to go to Colorado anyway.

So are you driving all night to be in NC in the morning? You, headed to 'Lubberland.' How cliche.

th

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
Wrong. And you think WalMartizarion is good? Replace the good well paying jobs with part time low pay no future and you're fine with it?

Restaurants and motels are highly dependent on "location" in a way that "factories" aren't.

So they didn't fund the factories relocation? That's a shame.

The locals are telling me when the government did imminent domain on their property in the wake of the hurricane, they paid them twice the market value, so THEY WERE NOT COMPLAINING (So they told me). For a factory that could just move their equipment to some tin building out in the middle of nowhere for pennies on the dollar, that's like a bonanza.

And walmartization is a different concept. That's big guy gobbling up all the small guys.

This is like anti-walmartization. Moving the big guy so all the small guys can come in.

This is more like "economic utility maximization".

And the fulltime jobs supposedly follow the factory, wherever it relocates.

OF COURSE, if the factory owners just decide its time to retire with the millions they got from imminent domain and they were only making chump change to begin with with their low profit products, that's THEIR CHOICE. And if they were making measly profits, it's just as well they shuttered, to reduce supply and keep profits more sustainable for other suppliers.

I do agree, however, if it was merely the city wanting the sales tax potential, that's the wrong motivation for imminent domain.

Imminent domain should be used in important cases like....

-National security (Border security, etc.)
-Energy security (Pipelines)

Apparently government has been buying out "floodzones" in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back