CA-DP to CA-DPS any one do this? ebike.ca kit?

litespeed

100 kW
I decided to switch from a rear hub to a mid drive and really don't want to take the hit on the CA-DP I have trying to sell it. I went to ebike.ca and found this, http://ebikes.ca/store/photos/CA_Speedo.jpg

While I'm sure the conversion is simple does anyone have a clue how to do it or have actually done it? Wanted to figure it out prior to ordering it. I'm sending them an email to ask also.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

litespeed said:
I decided to switch from a rear hub to a mid drive and really don't want to take the hit on the CA-DP I have trying to sell it. I went to ebike.ca and found this, http://ebikes.ca/store/photos/CA_Speedo.jpg

While I'm sure the conversion is simple does anyone have a clue how to do it or have actually done it? Wanted to figure it out prior to ordering it. I'm sending them an email to ask also.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

You'll just need some soldering skills and a screwdriver. I personally haven't done it before, but from what I know, theres a few points to solder to the board and that's it.

Which version, V2/V3? I recently performed the reverse on CAV3 and it was relatively simple. The board is well marked and constructed. You will need to remove (probably yellow) speed signal wire and safely terminate so it won't short. Then attach the external sensor signal wire to the spd pad and add sensor ground to gnd pad.

Don't forget to choose 1 pole in the setup menu.

I'd give you the old sensor I removed but 'already used it to repair a bike speedo/trip computer on my wife's bike.

You can use any speed sensor from a bicycle computer or order one from ebikes.ca (email them).

Download the V3 Guide from here and refer to page 13. The Sp and Gnd speedo cable connections are the same for the CA-DP/CA-DPS v2 and V3 versions although they are located at slightly different positions. See the V2 PCB layout on page 21 or 22 of the appropriate 2.x manual located here (note the new V2.3 version board looks a bit more like the V3.0 PCB....).

cal3K is correct:
cal3thousand said:
...I would imagine that you only need to solder 2 wires, SP signal and ground...
Here's a previous post about this subject... The CatEye Velo X computer mentioned there appears to have a suitable sensor as an example.

Justin was quick to reply so for future needs I'll post his answer from his email to me,

"Hey Tom, it doesn't come with any instructions, but if you've ever soldered a wire before then you'll find it fairly trivial. The yellow wire from the CA-DP cable gets desoldered from the Sp pad, and instead you solder the speedometer cable lead there (and the other lead to Gnd).

-Justin"

Thanks to everyone for the reply's and now I'm ready to go!

Tom

Back