Cabriovelo recumbent trike

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hillhater said:
Rebirth of the Sinclair C5......supersized ! :lol:
no the Sinclair C5 was a lot cheaper and was designed from scratch and was way ahead of its time

that over priced thing up there is simply a trike that made look pretty and slapped a HUGE price tag on to for almost no improvements

OMG the more i see of it the more i think

WTF ! ! !

1:- its a human powered bike / trike (with elec assist) and its almost as long as a car

2:- it has less storage than a normal bike with panniers on it and its almost as big as a car

3:- the seat is nothing more than a tube frame with some strapping wrapped around it and its almost as big as a car

4:- ...

you get the point?

and its almost as big as a car ! ! ! !

lol sorry i just carnt get over how big it is and if you took all the crap off it you find just a normal small trike under it all

reminds me of a
mRPErXq9ucjGfBTioFB3SLA.jpg

^^ Hehe... So... those velomobiles must seem "huge" eh? I'm riding a (recumbent) trike currently, and find myself missing a shell/body (and more drink holders, etc) re rains, winds and snow. I get to deal with those "giant" SUV baby strollers about daily. Most seem slave-powered but some are pretty fast! [Phew]

LockH said:
^^ Hehe... So... those velomobiles must seem "huge" eh? I'm riding a (recumbent) trike currently, and find myself missing a shell/body (and more drink holders, etc) re rains, winds and snow. I get to deal with those "giant" SUV baby strollers about daily. Most seem slave-powered but some are pretty fast! [Phew]
there are fully enclosed velomobiles out there that are 2 foot shorter and i bet MUCH lighter than that bloated overpriced "thing"

oww and as i mentioned before

starting from 3900€

WTF ! ! !

^^ Hehe... "2 foot shorter"...

The Cabriovelo length: 280cm
Borealis Velomobile length: 273cm
Aurora Velomobile length: 280cm
E-WAW 280 cm
Steintrikes Interceptor 262 cm
Leitra velomobile 195 - 205 cm
Go-One Velomobile 265.5cm
Can throw a Twike in there at 265...

Lessee... 1 inch = 2.54 cm

Not sure the Cabriovelo is that "huge" in length? Haven't found that "2 foot shorter" velo but most seem... "longer". We can look at weight too? But adding cargo weight plus the average size (weight) of many bloated north Americans... The Cabriovelo bare weight at 45 KG might seem far easier (less energy needed) to move than the average SUV, "truck", etc.

I think it's pretty nice. If it were a high quality vehicle that lasted many years of use without issues it's price would be a bargain.

Back