Can someone design this for me?

shianhugg

10 µW
I am looking for a brushless sensor less motor controller that turns on when 12 volts is applied I have an attached a link to a PDF that explains and shows what I want.

I have tried multiple times but when i click "add the file" the file location just disappears and it's not added.

shianhugg said:
I have tried multiple times but when i click "add the file" the file location just disappears and it's not added.
How big is the file? I think, but not positive, there is a restriction on pictures of 512k, I realize you are not added a picture. Just letting you know. Maybe try zipping it?

shianhugg said:
It's only 95.9KB I have zipped it and still no luck.
send it to me, I'll try posting it. maybe its a browser setting that is holding you out. I will pm you my email address

Rename the .pdf file name to a type is supports uploading. Then we can download it and change it back to .pdf to open it.

shianhugg said:
I am looking for a brushless sensor less motor controller that turns on when 12 volts is applied I have an attached a link to a PDF that explains and shows what I want.

Here you go, I've managed to attach it to this post for you. Although, I think you will need some more specifications than included in that pdf before you successfully get a working prototype or someone willing to build it. Goodluck. Let us know your progress.

Attachments

• PCB Design.jpg
    PCB Design.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,207
20 A seems like a lot to send through a 3.5mm header, those are usually rated for ~7A or less.

This seems like a hot water heater pump or something?

If this is a prototype, I would recommend using off the shelf components, and just Jerry rig it together for your initial proof of concept. Even if it isn't that pretty you just want it to prove that your system works.

BLDC motor controllers are not trivial to design, especially sensor-less controllers. Your best bet would be a 3rd - 4th year EE student looking for a senior design project; but they will not be able to produce what you want in a timely fashion, and it might not work in the end. If you want to pay someone to make that controller for you its going to cost a lot. I've personally never made a BLDC controller before, so I don't have a good feel for the time it would take to design one. I would guess ~100+ hours to design, fabricate, and test on a good day. So that would be in the range of ~$10,000 to get that done.

If I were you, I would use a RC sensor-less BLDC controller which you can get for $10 to prototype your system (like the one in the link below). Then adapt it to the system you want to use it in. (keep in mind these aren't designed to run continuous only for a few minutes at at time, so it wouldn't be a good long term solution.)

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13429__HobbyKing_30A_BlueSeries_Brushless_Speed_Controller.html

I still am not really sure what you are asking for, what are the temperature sensors pins for, are they inputs? Is the controller going to do some control functionality with it? Is it just passing the signal through? Is this switching heating elements according to temperature?

Tell us what is the application for this, and you might be able to get someone to help you pro bono.

I took an 2013 ram 2500 urea system off a truck and I am using it for water methanol injection on a 2012 Ram 2500. I couldn't use the existing control because it was connected to the Can Bus system of the donor truck. The temperature pins connect to a sensor that closes the circuit when the liquid reaches -20C and turns on the heating pad inside the tank to keep the solution from freezing. The heat pad only pulled like 9 amps when I hooked up my multimeter but the donor truck had a 20 amp fuse for that circuit. I did you and RC ESC on the motor to make sure it worked the way I wanted it to, nut now I was looking for something more permanent. If someone could figure it out that would be great if not I am going to just scrap this portion of the design and do something different.

Back