can you parallel charge lipos?

If i have 4 lipos that are all identical. Lets say they are all 20C Turnigy 6s 5000mah batteries, Can I make a parallel harness and charge them all together on a charger?

Of course.

All you need to do is make sure the voltages are identical before you parallel them, otherwise they will try to equalize each other, which can happen at extremely high C rates.

Check out rcgroups.com for some info on this. They do all sorts of interesting stunts with lipo :)

Also, check out dogman's lipo links thread.. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19956

Also in your example, if you want to charge at 1c your charger needs to be able to charge at 20 amps. Otherwise it will work but it will just be slow. Many cheap chargers can only charge up to around 7 amps or so.

Yep do it all the time. The more you string together without paralelling the balance leads too the more risky. But paired packs that are known to have no wonky cells is not so risky, or very complicated to make a y cable for paralelling the balance leads too. So I tend to charge in pairs most of the time.

Back