change PAS assist levels on ENGWE EP2-Pro (EU version 250w)

Paul_l

1 µW
Hi. I have an Engwe EP2-PRO 250w bike. It is the EU version rather than international. I read online that you can adjust the levels (percentages) of electric motor assist using the display, mine is YL-80C EU version).

There are YouTube videos how to do this going into settings of the display, but my display is a different version to those on YT.

Rather than the normal 3 'primary 'options(on a YL-80C) and then subsidiary selections, my display offers number 1 - 19 options and nowhere allows what is called (on the Engwe site) 'ASSISTANCE RATIO SETTING OPTION which would allow me to tweak the '%' of motor assist in each gear. (Eg: Level 4 PAS default set to 60% would be better at 80%)

I have contacted ENGWE and they said because my bike is NOT the '750w International' bike it is not possible to adjust this (... as fitted with different electronic components??)

Any other owners on here with a 250w 'EU' Engwe - have you found the option to change the ASSISTANCE RATIO SETTING? our does it need reprogramming skills?

Thanks for your replies.

Paul

Hi. I have an Engwe EP2-PRO 250w bike. It is the EU version rather than international. I read online that you can adjust the levels (percentages) of electric motor assist using the display, mine is YL-80C EU version).

There are YouTube videos how to do this going into settings of the display, but my display is a different version to those on YT.

Rather than the normal 3 'primary 'options(on a YL-80C) and then subsidiary selections, my display offers number 1 - 19 options and nowhere allows what is called (on the Engwe site) 'ASSISTANCE RATIO SETTING OPTION which would allow me to tweak the '%' of motor assist in each gear. (Eg: Level 4 PAS default set to 60% would be better at 80%)

I have contacted ENGWE and they said because my bike is NOT the '750w International' bike it is not possible to adjust this (... as fitted with different electronic components??)

Any other owners on here with a 250w 'EU' Engwe - have you found the option to change the ASSISTANCE RATIO SETTING? our does it need reprogramming skills?

Thanks for your replies.

Paul
Hi, have you managed to get to the bottom of this?

Can the throttle be enabled of this EU version AND the max speed be increased through its menu...& how? Thanks in advance.

Since generally settings are set and stored in the bikes display unit and are passed to the controller when the system starts up, You may be ale to source a headset for an ep2-pro destined for the international (us) market, but if the international versions of the bike have different motors/controllers, then the eu/uk f/w bodge may not be so easy to dodge and may require a new replacement display/controller combo. to completely circumnavigate. Some brands pay lip service to the regs and others go all in..

A 17a KT controller and display (£80-100) would enable both power assist mods and enabling speed control via throttle as well as providing a couple more amps headroom for top speed in a similar sized package to the 15a controllers generally supplied with eu/uk complaint ebikes.

the major issue with a retrofit controller upgrade is matching manufacturers plugs/sockets and often requires splicing wires.

Back