• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

CHEAP NEW ORIGINAL 18650 21700 BATTERY CELLS, POUCHES AND PACKS

snath said:
I'm afraid that tumich doesn't know much about customer service and that's what has lead us to this sorry state.

A buyer informing a seller that, in the buyer's opinion, something is wrong with the product and offering a solution is a first step in basic conflict resolution, and that's what I did. Tumich's order fulfillment, in my opinion, was not to my expectations. I provided evidence that he requested and asked for 20 cells to resolve the issue and I told him that I would pay shipping (he didn't mention that did he? :oops: ). Tumich provided no counter offer or other solution(s), he simply accused me of extorting money from him. oh well.

Bottom line to me is that I think tumich is a valuable source of cells for the hobby builder and I encourage anyone to order cells from him. I believe that they are some of the finest cells available at a reasonable price. The cell quality has been vetted by some of the best quality assurance resources available (tool manufacturers QC) and the problems, if any, are not with the cells but with manufacturing methods that fell out of spec. My only caveat is to be sure that you understand what you are getting because after sale service is nonexistent.

I'm done talking about this. I've got packs to build and bikes to ride. Oh, and the yard needs mowing :D .

Snath

I offer customer service but if somebody write that demands free cells or will make Paypal complaint.. I understand if order was wrong but this was corectly. You got cells which wanted and for you for sure is no difference if some of them have micro signs of removing welds ( as for all people which make packs).
Probably acrimoniouse the human mentality.

Was this just a miscommunication/misunderstanding about the meaning of "unwelded"? I think by that term, tumich is trying to say the cells have been physically separated from each other and are no longer welded together but not that they had never been tab welded to previously.

voicecoils said:
Was this just a miscommunication/misunderstanding about the meaning of "unwelded"? I think by that term, tumich is trying to say the cells have been physically separated from each other and are no longer welded together but not that they had never been tab welded to previously.

Yes. I have cells after professional removed welds and which had never been welded. It depends on luck.

I think anyone who reads this thread, or at least skims it, will see as I have that tumich is a great seller of top notch cells.

I've made a few orders from him in the last year (3 or 4?) and never once had an issue. I have gotten a few cells that had tab pieces on them and a few minutes with the dremel was all it took. You have to remember that the price for these never used cells is already amazing, and so if it takes you an extra 10 seconds per cell to prepare them, well then you might as well spend that time smiling about what a good deal you got. Whether you have to grind a little bit of tab off the end or not, either way you have the exact same high quality cell in the end.

Keep up the good work, Michal!

Nobuo said:
velooman99 said:
hello, I want a 72v battery,
I have a 72v 45A of bms,
and I should have a battery capable of 40ampere discharged (at least) to be able to go at the speed I want,
how you advised me battery?

sorry for my bad english , i speak french :oops:

LG 2850mAh, Samsung 2900mAh, and Panasonic 2900mAh are capable of a max "reliable" continuous discharge of 7A, 10A for the panasonic.

- you need a minimum of 20s4p for the Panasonic or 20s5p for Samsung and LG

(If you have also a 45A controller, that 45A will be pushed at peak power, the continuous power will be around 25A - 30A, unless you real specified 45A continuous controller capable)

- I recommend to don't go over 1C continuous discharge rating for each cell for healthy life/cycles capability with those cells. So I would make a 20s8p (1.2C) or 20s9p (1.1C) mínimum for a right energy conversion if I will push 30A with the controller
Hello, for the configuration is that these cells you recommend? (Samsung inr18650-29e) will have one local dealer who is ready to weld a battery for 3.5 euros per cell, but I do not know if I would reach my goal of 60/70 km / h? thank you

Velooman99 wrote:
Hello, for the configuration is that these cells you recommend? (Samsung inr18650-29e) will have one local dealer who is ready to weld a battery for 3.5 euros per cell, but I do not know if I would reach my goal of 60/70 km / h? thank you
Weld a battery for 3.5 euros per cell?
WOW, 350 euro just to weld them! That makes the cells dirt cheap till you add the labor.

Dan

If I would take 3.5Eur per cell I would be a millionaire by now, thats is some juicy pricing. For that kind of money you could by a spot welder and material, and still have money left.

velooman99 said:
Nobuo said:
velooman99 said:
hello, I want a 72v battery,
I have a 72v 45A of bms,
and I should have a battery capable of 40ampere discharged (at least) to be able to go at the speed I want,
how you advised me battery?

sorry for my bad english , i speak french :oops:

LG 2850mAh, Samsung 2900mAh, and Panasonic 2900mAh are capable of a max "reliable" continuous discharge of 7A, 10A for the panasonic.

- you need a minimum of 20s4p for the Panasonic or 20s5p for Samsung and LG

(If you have also a 45A controller, that 45A will be pushed at peak power, the continuous power will be around 25A - 30A, unless you real specified 45A continuous controller capable)

- I recommend to don't go over 1C continuous discharge rating for each cell for healthy life/cycles capability with those cells. So I would make a 20s8p (1.2C) or 20s9p (1.1C) mínimum for a right energy conversion if I will push 30A with the controller

If you are gonna use controller/motor combo you posted some days ago (hs3540, controler: 74v45a), with Samsung INR18650-29E I would make a 20s9p minimum if I want a good energy conversion, and a worth cost battery for years.

That's let you pull 30A cont (~2200W) for about less than 1.2C per cell, not bad for lithium NCA, enough to run not even slightly warm if the pack is right manufactured.

Your speed goal will be reached for sure at that power output with your build. Your motor is an "S" version, meaning speed, high kv. The motor is wound for slower starts but higher top speeds.

hello,
I misspoke, sorry I speak little English, cells are sold to 3.50 euros per cell (excluding eventual negotiation),
and he asks me 20 euros for welded pack,
you find it expensive ?

he told me about 20s to 80 cell
this makes 20s4p I believe?

His prices are ~1.80euros, so about half off. From just looking at the first page.
Maybe a little more, I think the euro is now 1.5 x cdn/us dollar. Used to be 2x, or was that British Pound, I forget.

I have no idea what tab welding would cost. I've seen it advertized on some web pages, but never was interested in what it cost as I was just looking at the price per cell.
20euros/$30 per pack welded? A pack is 40 cells. 0.50euros per cell. I dont know.
On ~1.80euro per cell, its a good deal for sure no matter where you are.
If you are in Europe or Russia then you are close to Poland so you get your cells quicker. 55 days s/h for NA. But thats the trade-off.

20s4p is 80 cells yes.
It is also a 10s4p (40 cells = 10x4) that is in serial connection with another 10s4p to make 20s4p

New type of cells for sell: Samsung 35E (3500mAh) -only 140 cells and Sanyo UR18650RX 2000mAh (20-22A dc) [only 300 cells]. More on first post.

opperpanter said:
What would be the easiest way to dismantle the 10s welded packs so I can create my own 48V (13/14s) pack? Possibly 35E.
:lol:
D10356.jpg

or something like that :)

My tip: First I cut near cell and after slow motion while holding the metal plate in opposite directions moving.
IMG201504_wapnrpp_zpsax8ml5g9.jpg

Look what arrived! I got the batteries split into two packages so I wouldn't have any customs fees. I learnt after they were sent that NZ customs will actually add the value of the two packages together if they arrive at the same time and still charge fees. Thankfully they got split up and one got delayed for a day once arriving in NZ so no fees (would have been an extra $150 NZD). For anyone else importing to NZ I would recommend staggering the send date of each package by at least a few days. The batteries took 80 days to arrive.

All the batteries were packaged very well but a couple still managed to get dented. I bought eight more cells than I needed so it isn't a problem.

Thanks tumich for the great service.

Aff I know now why sometimes cells from outside of EU sometimes are damaged like above. It's because parcel go throw the custom office and there after checked parcel they don't pack carefully..

tumich said:
snath said:
I'm afraid that tumich doesn't know much about customer service and that's what has lead us to this sorry state.

A buyer informing a seller that, in the buyer's opinion, something is wrong with the product and offering a solution is a first step in basic conflict resolution, and that's what I did. Tumich's order fulfillment, in my opinion, was not to my expectations. I provided evidence that he requested and asked for 20 cells to resolve the issue and I told him that I would pay shipping (he didn't mention that did he? :oops: ). Tumich provided no counter offer or other solution(s), he simply accused me of extorting money from him. oh well.

Bottom line to me is that I think tumich is a valuable source of cells for the hobby builder and I encourage anyone to order cells from him. I believe that they are some of the finest cells available at a reasonable price. The cell quality has been vetted by some of the best quality assurance resources available (tool manufacturers QC) and the problems, if any, are not with the cells but with manufacturing methods that fell out of spec. My only caveat is to be sure that you understand what you are getting because after sale service is nonexistent.

I'm done talking about this. I've got packs to build and bikes to ride. Oh, and the yard needs mowing :D .

Snath

I offer customer service but if somebody write that demands free cells or will make Paypal complaint.. I understand if order was wrong but this was corectly. You got cells which wanted and for you for sure is no difference if some of them have micro signs of removing welds ( as for all people which make packs).
Probably acrimoniouse the human mentality.
I can only say that I have purchased over 1000 cells in various orders, the deal was exquisite and perfect after-sales service.
Also not fool anyone , we all know that we buy cell with traces of welding point in some cases.
A greeting.

Thanks guys :)

I have been in contact with Tumich couple of times and he has provided me with helpful advice and information, quick reply and efficient service. Thanks for You input in this comminuty, Tumich!

Back