Choppers / Cruisers

Gday, I love choppers, they look cool !

Yeah, I know, lousy performance, terrible handling but the one's i've thrown together over the years
have just been for cruising around and showing off. They only do a maximum of 45kph.
People see me coming from the front and say "cool, but where's the motor?" that's when i say "right here" and pull the throttle and power past usually hearing "huh or wtf" from behind. :D

I've found them to be the most comfortable ebikes to ride that i've tried probably because of the "pedal forward" seating posistion.

Here's a couple of pics of the "frock choppers" that i've built and sold. Just hubbies, and not in the same league as some of the amazing machines
made by the talented members of this forum.

This one was the first effort years ago with a golden motor and a 20a/h ping split pack, pretty ghetto .....old ping bike.JPGSome longer wheel base choppers followed...View attachment 3cruisin.JPGThen the trike/jag ...the Trikeuar.JPGAnd my current ride (couple of yearsold now with lots of kay's)jesse james.JPG
So anyone feel free to post up some pics of your E-chopper, might be nice to have a collection of pics in the one thread.

Here's one I saw down the beach in Surfers, what a HUGE space for batteries, and don't sit too far back on that seat !at the beach.JPGand a wooden chop.

Attachments

• woodchopper.jpg
    woodchopper.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 6,566
Got this one for $50 awhile back and am slowly (and I mean slowly,been it's been in the shed for a year now)
turning it into a low powered frockster for a friend. I have an old GL2 hub from B White from years ago just waiting for some spokes so it can go into the 20" rim and get a fat tyre. It's nowhere near finished yet.jj.JPGStainless steel battery box, designed to hold 6 x 6s 8ah 30c zippys, which I don't have yet.2.JPGThe seatpost is a bit of a work of art ! 31mm Stainless tube with a solid stainless bar welded inside, and a gusset.
I reckon it's a bit far back myself, should be interesting riding. Might have to extend the dropouts back a bit somehow.View attachment 1Modded the fake fuel tank with the switches,charge plug and there's a dc converter in there.

Cheers.

thewmatusmoloki said:
So anyone feel free to post up some pics of your E-chopper, might be nice to have a collection of pics in the one thread.

Here's some pics of my custom cruisers and trike i have built since 2008

A couple of my trike fitted with 20x4.25in rear wheels-->

Custom_trike_first_pics_new_rears3.JPG

Custom_trike_first_pics_new_rears_1.JPG

My first custom 2 wheel cruiser-->

Final_RC_Cruiser_Series_Pics_1024ReZ.jpg

My current ongoing project, will get to painting it eventually too much fun riding it too pull it down now shes rippin' hehe

cruiser_mock_up_series_pic_1.jpg

One of the Blue Cruiser next to one of my mates Harleys, gives
a good idea of the size and length of wheelbase i think, compared to
motor-cickle, we lined them up, they are about equal axle to axle-->

KiM&Dans_Bikes.jpg

KiM

Your bikes are awesome ! I've followed the 3 builds since 2008.

Congratulations on those slick lookin' bikes .... pack yerself a party cone.(I know I will)
Thanks for posting KiM.

Anyone else got any Echopper/cruiser pics ?
Don't be shy. :D

Sweet bikes ebv! I like 'em all...

This one in particular looks very comfortable to ride, interesting suspension on the rearmobile office.jpgIt's a shame there's no pedals..

This must be one of the most modified hub motor/wheel combo's i've ever seen, I just stared at it for ages :shock: modded wheel.jpg

Nice console, that's my kind of "fuel" tankfuel tank.jpg

All the best.

Here are my first two attempts at building electric powered bikes that in my opinion still have the "cool" factor! :) Enjoy!

First one is an Electra Ghostrider:

19486c92.jpg

835be1a8.jpg

149095a6.jpg

00fa8137.jpg

819b4fc9.jpg

2e5e9d45.jpg

ed8c8ffc.jpg

Next one is a Phat Stretch:

1b900f16.jpg

1f9b8817.jpg

743a267f.jpg

2d7d4f37.jpg

f3a3e700.jpg

My Nirve Switchblade
GM MP2 Hacked (real 1500w) 12AH 48V

qUk1mlQafhJnfoZ2wi57ph_xnMtETJOk-swDoPpdYq87lmhh4KNcUl38Db6g_vUCdTA76bEakCJ0UM4=w1262-h697

New built. Long nose chopper, full suspension. Mid drive.
9C 1606 rear motor, a123 20Ah pouch cells 48v

Attachments

• newchopper.jpg
    newchopper.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 3,113
  • c-drive.jpg
    c-drive.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 3,113
Just returning to the forum here is my old build from 4 years ago.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42852

2utn5nt.jpg

my old bike i used to ride around japan it got alot of attention and I had installed a speaker on the back with some rear saddlebags for storage space. Sadly I had to let it go because of some unforseen circumstances although I am building another ebike but its just a small folder.

Heres mor pics
I sprayed everything in olive green amd recreated a ww2 army helmet. Also took a gas can cover from an old bike off ebay and mounted it on the frame
which held an amp that u could plug an ipod into that powered a speaker on the rear rack
2v3k7dv.jpg

34o7dhu.jpg

9viikl.jpg

ic7at2.jpg

Back