Conhis Vs Cute(BMSbattery)

lespuff

100 µW
I was wondering if anybody knew anything about these vendors and their products...

I wanted to get the Cute motors but, I'm a little worried about their Customer service at BMSbattery. I think that Conhis seems to have better customer service. I liked the fact that the Cute motor is light and small. At 500 watts I think it would be better than the 350watt conhis motor.

Any suggestions or advice...thanks in advance.

http://www.bmsbattery.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=107

http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=60

Cell_Man sells the Cute motor and is well regarded.
otherDoc

docnjoj said:
Cell_Man sells the Cute motor and is well regarded.
otherDoc

Lespuff,

I've got a few Cute 108s left from a sample order I placed some time back. The 128s I had are all gone. If you don't want the hassle of building a wheel the kits I have might be an easier option.

IME these small hub motors will deliver reasonable burst power but they are not a 500W RATED motor, and most of the genuine manufacturers are reluctant to rate them much over 250W (36V 15A controller is typical, resulting in just over 500W MAX or PEAK power), but I think most can be overvolted a little if you keep the current level reasonable. For example running a 36V 250W motor on 48V 15A, will give you reasonable power and speed (about 20mph) without pushing the limits too hard. I've got some complete geared kits which use a 3kg motor about the same size as the Cute 128 or a Bafang. Have a look in the for sale section for some of my posts or drop me PM with your details and requirements and I'll give you a quote.

Hello Cell man, Thanks for the reply here also. Just wondering If I was to overvolt these puppies could that result in the "Peanut butter" sprocket. I was looking forward the to 128 more. Will you be able to get the 128 motor anytime in the future?

So you're saying If I get a 24v motor using a 36v battery (I'm planning on using a 36v lipo battery) with a 36v controller I should get the almost the same performance as a motor that was rated 500watt.

"I've got some complete geared kits which use a 3kg motor about the same size as the Cute 128 or a Bafang."

What type of motor is this? is there a brand to these kits. Do you have a kit for a 700c wheel. Can you link me to that product. Thanks once again Cell man.

There is Cute-12 motor too ! 1000watts. what is the speed you are looking at it? Does price matter you also ?
Conhismotor service is not really impressive, once you order sure you got your things. my test for conhismotor
the result is not bad, they are not geared motor, they weight as close like the x5304. they don't seem like a 500watts
motor. my test for this Conhismotor 1000watts is peak 1533watts, So it means it will work with any lifepo4 is a 1-2c
battery. i have done many rides, it is taking 1.5c only max.i run this motor as fast as possible. for data info the
max wh/ km is 15.44. and the lowest it can go is 6.6+wh/ km. my max range i ever ride is 95.22km for 710.3watts.
the troque is not bad, pressed alittle on your thumb throttle, it can easily lift you up a slop of 10degree.. as for top
speed is 51- 52km/h. i have only one data to compared is a 500watts motor from cammy.. i had personally tested it

speed.. 35-42km/h, for 1000watts conhis-(test on 2km rang) i can get 10-12wh/ km. NEXT, (only 3/4 throttle only)
speed 35-42km/h, for 500watts cammy hub motor, 500watts controller i got is 15.46wh/ km (FuLL throttle)

i saw cammy 500watts with 500watts controller , the peak wh. it can drawn 1300watts!! it was very high. i don't have the
cute-12 motor, im very interested to know, what is the peak AP, wh/ km etc...
--------

cheers
kentlim

I can get a 700C geared kit but I'd need to order it and it might take 10-14 days for me to receive it, so if you wanted to place a small deposit I could get 1 ordered for you. The complete kits I sell are from the same manufacturer as is used by some of the most popular US ebike kit suppliers. They are descent quality and they are good enough to retail in the US for a whole heap more than I sell them for ;) I would say they are very comparable to Bafang and they certainly are not any cheaper.

The Cute motors are manufactured by Ananda and they do not manufacture any 500W rated geared motors AFAIK, they only became a Cute 500W motor when certain companies decided to massage the specs and claim they are the manufacturer. You can put as much power as you like into them, it doesn't mean they can take it. It is not as simple as multiplying the battery voltage by the controller current limit. That gives you the max power, it's not the motors rated power, that is typically about half the max power.

I can get the geared kit in 350W with 17A controller, but they do not recommend this even though I see 350W geared kits being sold with 22A controllers from the same manufacturer. It would be better to overvolt the motor from 36 to 48V as they tend to supply rather low rpm motors IMO. It would be better to say what performance you expect and then I can suggest what might work for you.

Pushing these small geared motors much above 20mph and hitting big hills with them when running well above their rating is taking a chance. Just because you push the limits, doesn't mean it's built for it or it will last.

kentlim26 said:
There is Cute-12 motor too ! 1000watts. what is the speed you are looking at it? Does price matter you also ?
Conhismotor service is not really impressive, once you order sure you got your things. my test for conhismotor
the result is not bad, they are not geared motor, they weight as close like the x5304. they don't seem like a 500watts
motor. my test for this Conhismotor 1000watts is peak 1533watts, So it means it will work with any lifepo4 is a 1-2c
battery. i have done many rides, it is taking 1.5c only max.i run this motor as fast as possible. for data info the
max wh/ km is 15.44. and the lowest it can go is 6.6+wh/ km. my max range i ever ride is 95.22km for 710.3watts.
the troque is not bad, pressed alittle on your thumb throttle, it can easily lift you up a slop of 10degree.. as for top
speed is 51- 52km/h. i have only one data to compared is a 500watts motor from cammy.. i had personally tested it

speed.. 35-42km/h, for 1000watts conhis-(test on 2km rang) i can get 10-12wh/ km. NEXT, (only 3/4 throttle only)
speed 35-42km/h, for 500watts cammy hub motor, 500watts controller i got is 15.46wh/ km (FuLL throttle)

i saw cammy 500watts with 500watts controller , the peak wh. it can drawn 1300watts!! it was very high. i don't have the
cute-12 motor, im very interested to know, what is the peak AP, wh/ km etc...
--------

cheers
kentlim

Another Cute motor :roll: , this time it's a Mac motor and it's a 500W @ 36V rated motor :lol: I have these for sale too and for a bit less than BMS charge too :)

The Mac does about 1kph per V under load, so that means about 23mph on 36V and 30mph on 48V, but you need quite a good battery as these need a 25-35A controller to perform well. There is a slower wound 350W Mac that does about 20mph and 25mph on 36 and 48V respectively. A little cheaper and a little lighter. They are good strong motors, but I'd recommend keeping them below about 1500W Max to keep it happy. Whrs/km is so dependent upon many things it is difficult to compare. I do lots of stop start, high current and I use lots of Whrs. At a steady cruise of 35-40kph it's gonna be much better.

I only have experience with conhis motors, and I would definitely NOT advise choosing them!!

I bought my first 48v 10ah lifepo4 from them and had a whole host of problems. The battery was wired wrong and so was the charger and I ended up blowing the charger immediately! Blew another charger because of a faulty resistor and they sent me an email promising a free one and then they stopped contacting me.

Then the BMS lvc was programmer wrong and not soldered properly. Do not buy from them! I give them 2/10.

Conhis motor kit is okay. ya. the charger is faulty, i can agree with that. I got my hands short- circuit with the AC current. the Conhismotor 48v 1000watts hub motor is about same weight like x5304. i have run them 2000km, controller is going very strong for these several months (4months). your battery have to used a test multi meter and test. if the current is correct or not. Vpower battery charger is Good !, they have to my two friends and i tested them.. GOOD !! and in working order. i have told my friend, when he order from Conhismotor, about the charger is fault and danger.. (can easily short circuit with ac current, will give you a shock JUMP) other then that, HUB motor/ Controller 48v 1000watts/ throttle... all seem very good working order. no complain.

Buying lifepo4 battery is a big headaches !! luckily i got my battery from vpower seem to work okay. total watts is 710.3watts. (suppose to be 960watts) but this is enough for me to travel long range.

for those who like to try out conhismotor kit, just be very careful with the charger !! it seem there no QC test at all. (that is why call free, ya. he gave me free). i have just order my bms battery 48v 12a. Always used a test meter to test them,, voltage etc.. etc..

kentlim

Back