• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Crystalyte 18 fet cycle analyst connections

I just received my crystalyte 18 fet controller from Max that came with the pigtail for the cycle analyst. I replaced all the phase and power wires for larger gauge wire, replaced the the caps with 160volt caps and changed out the resistors so it will run at 100 volts. Every thing works fine but for some reason the cycle analyst speedometer doen't work, it just reads zero all the time. I checked the connections to my two older controllers and two of them are different on the new one, the green wire (throttle override) goes to a pad labelled SLA and the yellow (speed ) wire goes to a pad labelled HE. I tried moving the yellow wire over to one of the hall sensor pads but that didn't work. Anyone know what I need to do to get the speedo to work?

Thanks

Greg

I WAS GOING TO SAY TAP A HALL WIRE AND GET YOUR SIGNAL BUT IT SEEMS YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT. tHE BUFFERED OUTPUT ON THE INFENION GETS SOME CRAZY NUMBERS. SOMETIMES WORKS BUT DISPLAYS WRONG SPEED AND SOMETIMES DOESNT. SOMETIMES THE WAVE FORM OF THE HALL SIGNAL AFFECTS IT. IF ITS NOT A TRUE ON OFF SQUARE SIGNAL IT WONT REGISTER. LIKE IF THE VOLTAGE DOESNT GET PULLED DOWN TO 0V TO SIGNAL THAT IT IS TRUELY OFF. HEY I COULD BE TALKING CRAP OR THERE COULD BE A SLIGHT HINT OF TRUTH

Back