Custom cruiser project

ewinters

1 W
After 6 months lurking here and other 6 gathering parts I will finally have something awesome to share!

Building is on final stages. Probably 2 weeks until everything is sorted out and running.

Specs:
Adaptto max-e
20s10p Samsung 29e around 2kwh
MXUS 30000 5t
Custom frame
Harley 19" whitewall tires (moto rim)

*edit: reduced pictures to fit page

Love that fork!

Thanks guys!

Still need to connect dc/DC transformer to the lights and also a hall sensor for regen braking. Alarm and gps tracker will also be installed.

I'm thinking about installing 2 DC/DC transformers, one to each of the 10s10p connected in series. I'll try to minimize conversion losses and not unbalance the whole pack too much.

Lots of fun to come!

*edit: problems with pictures

Very nice! Great lines, love the fit and finish. Looks likeVery nice! Great lines, love the fit and finish. Looks like a blast! a blast!

Great result. Love it.

Thanks!

@spinningmagnets I'd be honored to send you more pictures of course! The real wizards behind this are from a small factory here in Brazil (http://www.wscruiser.com.br). They have different frames and will build with any modifications you want. I understand that they are recently trying to go international and will ask them for more information (not sure if they speak English) . I'll put it all together in an email to you.

For me they have made special torque arms on a vertical dropout, 170mm wide dropouts, 100mm BB and battery case (about 40cm long, 26 tall and 8cm wide).

I've done the electric part: lights, dc/DC, alarm, throttle, regen brake, motor, controller and battery selection, also soldering the battery.

Finally, an Earles fork!! Those will sell like hotcakes. I certainly want one! 8)

A very, VERY nice cruiser! 8)

I looked through their website and saw some nice projects but not yours yet. Make sure they put your bike in that list also. The one with the piston engine is also a gem. Just needs a motor swap from ICE to electric... :wink:

ebike.jpg

Also quite a special front fork solution!

Well time to be sincere about the project and its shortcomings.

1 - rear suspension is useless by design. It compresses when I pedal and not when I ride a pothole. Everybody should be aware of this: suspensions should be designed to move up on a bump. Please don`t make the same mistake

2 - front suspension should have double disk brakes. The anti-dive properties of the earles fork are great, but the frame builder did not follow my request for a double front disk mount. Single disk causes the front wheel to wobble on this setup. I have changed the front disk for a brake hub, for less wobble.

3 - torque arms worked so well than I ended up having a broken axle accelerating from a full stop. Maybe this has to do with the total weight (50kg+)

4 - waterproofing takes effort. I used silicon on all the wire terminations and lids.
rznbSUnl.jpg

That is, by far, the most spectacular ebike I have seen. Congrats!
It would be nice if you could post a video of the bike running, just to see how it feels riding such a amazing invention.

A true beauty.
I was so excited about a full suspension cruiser, too bad rear suspension did not work as planned.

I have only seen one other cruiser with full suspension, this one is from russia Raka Project. Look closely how the rear shock is horizontally mounted under the triangle - kind of like ie Buell motorcycle. Maybe you can do your own version of that rear shock? I mean your swing arm already got the pivot point, now you just need to get working suspension.

38EnF3w.png

5.jpg

Back