Custom motorcycle in California Bay Area

I still have it for sale.

This is a new Tao dbx1 I stripped, welded beams onto the frame, repainted, and added:

QS138 v3 motor,
3shul cl700 controller,
2.45kilowatt hour A123 battery,
Daly 33s smart ,
Two-way regen rear brake throttle,
12” supermoto wheels n tires,
Different handlebars,
Better chain,
17x43 sprockets

This is a new bike ridden maybe 40 miles. Comes with the dealer papers to make it road legal

This is an extremely quick bike

118v full charge and the controller does 700 amps. That’s a huge amount of power and will power-wheelie even when at like 40mph. Top speed as programmed now is like 60mph but can be programmed higher or just change the gears

Vesc controller and smart bms allows you to do all the programming and monitoring on your phone

Needs to be fully waterproofed still

Comes with front fender and waterproof Meanwell charger.

Attachments

• IMG_9865.jpeg
    IMG_9865.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9864.jpeg
    IMG_9864.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9863.jpeg
    IMG_9863.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9860.jpeg
    IMG_9860.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 23
Wow that looks like a sweet build!

I'm in the area, but am looking for something that can fit on CalTrain though.

Have you got any builds you are interested in selling that are a bit more mild?

Wow that looks like a sweet build!

I'm in the area, but am looking for something that can fit on CalTrain though.

Have you got any builds you are interested in selling that are a bit more mild?
I do have another bike which is hugely more practical. 1600$

A123 lifepo4 cells.
The motor cools really well exposed like this and I’ll race up tam and still put my finger on the windings. At that point they’re too hot to continue to contact but it’s 230c rated wire. .15mm laminations and n45sh magnets. Top stuff.

Two-way throttle with regen rear brake. Fixed gear w motor.

Making two more so want to sell this.

The big gear ratio and cooling enable this to be very light and very quick and very efficient

Attachments

• IMG_0402.jpeg
    IMG_0402.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0400.jpeg
    IMG_0400.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0251.jpeg
    IMG_0251.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0253.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Some of us, as we get older, have developed an aversion to flying over the handlebars. A panic front brake stop going downhill at speed ruins the picnic.

I have this aversion. Actually only time the Vesc shut down from over-voltage and rear brake cut out was on the ebike with the smaller battery. I live on a steep hill. It’s not an issue other than coming down the steep hill after obsessively fully charging

Last edited:
I'm curious why you didn't put a brake caliper on that big gear? It might be handy.
Some custom Harley guys do that. I'm not sure how well it works for them, but they have o-ring sealed chains to work with.

Exile-sprotor-sprocket-brake-installed-1200x1200.jpg

Unfortunately with bicycle chain it gives you a choice between a dry squeaky chain or greasy brake pads (unless you manage to have both).

I do have another bike which is hugely more practical. 1600$

A123 lifepo4 cells.
The motor cools really well exposed like this and I’ll race up tam and still put my finger on the windings. At that point they’re too hot to continue to contact but it’s 230c rated wire. .15mm laminations and n45sh magnets. Top stuff.

Two-way throttle with regen rear brake. Fixed gear w motor.

Making two more so want to sell this.

The big gear ratio and cooling enable this to be very light and very quick and very efficient
Whoa. I'll be back up that way in a few weeks. I'll reach out and maybe I can check it out in person. (If it's still available)

Some custom Harley guys do that. I'm not sure how well it works for them, but they have o-ring sealed chains to work with.

Exile-sprotor-sprocket-brake-installed-1200x1200.jpg

Unfortunately with bicycle chain it gives you a choice between a dry squeaky chain or greasy brake pads (unless you manage to have both).
I've only seen it once on a electric race bike with belt drive

Back