Cycle Analyst - Speed??

olemetry

10 W
Hi all. I put the wheel circumference into the setup, and plugged in the one cable from CA to MAC motor controller from cell_man, but I get no MPH indication. What am I doing wrong?

You need to configure the # Poles in Setup so the CA knows how many pulses per wheel revolution to expect.

Normally, with a DD motor you can use the standard DP connector setup and the controller will provide pulses to the CA from a hall sensor. In this case you set the # Poles to that of the motor.

However, if you have a MAC, BMC, or any gear motor with a clutch, the speed of the motor is typically 5 times the wheel speed when under power and zero when the clutch freewheels so the speed input from the hall sensor by way of the controller and DP connection cannot be used. In this case you will need a wheel pickup. This gives a switch closure each time the spoke magnet goes by so set the # Poles to 1 and you will be good to go.

If you purchased the wrong sex CA (CA-DP instead of CA-DPS) and so have no wheel pickup, you will need to either swap out the CA for the proper model or do a bit of soldering to convert your CA-DP. In the latter case, contact ebikes.ca and get the needed wheel pickup as a special order. (You can actually use a pickup from a little bike speedometer thingie if you have one handy - you are just looking for a magnetic reed switch closure when the spoke magnet goes by...). To add a wheel pickup to a CA-DP, open up the CA and remove the yellow DP cable wire from the Sp pin on the CA PCB. Run the pickup cable up to the CA and solder the two pickup wires to Gnd and Sp pads on the PCB. Plug in the DP cable as you did before. Done! :D

once we are at it,
since CA has speed function
does it has also millage function which can be locked , otherwise I still need bike computer.
Also can we enter actual millage and lock it? for used ebikes?

I am still a little confused, but I will start with inputing the # of poles. How many poles with a MAC 7T?

Back