Cycle Analyst V3 Please Help

image1.jpegI posted this in another forum but didn't get any traction. Hoping this will be a better place. I've been looking for an answer to this problem for a while so any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this has been mentioned or discussed before, but i've been dealing with this problem for years and i've finally decided to look for answers.

I got my cav3 dp back in 2014 and for as long as I can remember I've had sporadic screen cutouts/random characters flash on the screen or the screen will just go blank. It continues to operate when the screen cuts, so it hasn't been a total loss, but I know these products don't typically have these issues. The backlight also stays on the whole time so I know its not losing power. I did wire this unit into a controller purchased off of ebay but i'm quite certain the problem is in the CA.

I'm running 16s lipo's and i feel like the handful of times that I've powered up without the pre-charge circuit could be to blame? Is there anywhere to look for diagnosis/fix tips

Pretty sure the screen isn't the problem.

Half of the time it works perfectly.

Some of the time, after working fine for 10 minutes it will begin to flash random characters on the screen or just display totally random stuff or nothing it all.

But the problem absolutely happens when i plug power in without the precharge circuit.

Well its designed to be opened up, so looked at it and see if the cable is fine and the connection is secure. Also do an overlook of the visible pcb area for any signs of black soot or damaged components.

I suppose I can do that. Figured i'd try to find someone with a similar problem or knowledge of this problem before looking over the pcb but that probably is a good idea.

Back