Cyclist spits at me and makes a buzzing noise !

markz said:
I was called a cheater by a passing roadie today, first time in a long long time. I was just at a casual cruising speed lazy pedaling along.
Funny thing is, the guy that said that probably drives a vehicle, so if that be the case that roadie is a hypocrite, whereas me I ride every single day for everything. The other thing is, when he was beside me he slowed down and said now I know why you were cruising along, but when he sped up to get in front and was 15' ahead of me he said cheater, which is a little cowardly. Best to say whats on the mind right from the start.

Sounds like the roadie has a limited perspective. In his mind, everything is a competition :roll:

Jestronix said:
bike path here in sunny Brisbane Australia

What pathway were you on? Just so I can avoid that area. Me the wife and dogs regularly use the SHARED pathways, occaisonally passing the MAMILs, mostly taking it easy and getting passed but never recieving anything negative. The only negatives I've ever recieved are dickhead hoons in cars or Karens concerned for the welfare of the poor suffering animals who are living their best lives.

Eastwood said:
Sounds like the roadie has a limited perspective. In his mind, everything is a competition :roll:

Who cares, I probably passed him a few times (without pedaling) in the past is what I am thinking. But that fella was a fast lycra roadie cyclist who I believe was wearing shorts on a day that was cool, +5C with a windchill which is even more when riding.

The thing is, about 25-33% of the bicycles on the pathway on non good days are electric now and those are everyday commuters or active riders, and on sunny good days and weekends/weekend warriors/casuals its 33-50% of the bicycles that are on the pathway are bicycles. I was on a workout regimen so I was pedaling all the time, lazy pedal yes but actually pedaling. My ebike is front large diameter hub (Leaf 35H 1500W dd) using black and red phase wires (10awg) routed up to the head tube and back on the top tube. Throttle only, no display) The silver controller is on the top of the top bar but hidden by my thighs while riding and 2 black batteries stuffed into the top and rearward of the triangle (XXL frame [black] has a lot of triangle space), again somewhat hidden by my legs. He did slow down and look and spoke loud enough for me to hear over some white headphones to contrast the dark coat [on purpose], but I never noticed anyone behind me as there werent really any bicycles out that day and I ride straight and always on the right with hardly if any zig zagging except for the rare occasion but always always always on the right side of the yellow solid line.

I found it amusing because sometimes rarely I like to frock with people as well :lol: with quick one-liner names, like tying shoe lace around the corner of a hill, or 20' leashed dogs.
The incident kick started my lazy restart to get back into the Keto diet to obtain weight goal above and beyond the 100lbs already lost with just riding ebike for exercise as gyms require the vax passport which I have but only used once for a dine in dinner. I havent gained that much weight on the time off the diet.

Don't go to Canmore. A friend was told " If they catch you riding that thing (ebike) in Canmore, they'll probably beat you up. And I don't blame them." Of course you do see lots of ebikes in Canmore.

I commuted downtown for 30 years, so I know that approximately 50% of cyclists are jerks anyway. I preferred the roads to the bike paths.

biphaeboh said:
Don't go to Canmore. A friend was told " If they catch you riding that thing (ebike) in Canmore, they'll probably beat you up. And I don't blame them."

Wait you don’t blame the people for beating E bikers up?

Back