Dashboard suggestions

I have some spare time to mess with arduinos, i have several in my home doing stuff like controlling the aqarium. Wich is fairly simple with just a few liberaries. But what i dont have time for is writing a whole liberary from scratch.

What i want is basically a shield you can connext to the canbus lines and a liberary to go with it. That combined with a lcd panel would make it fairly simple to have all the data you need. Possibly also a option for a few more inputs (possibly isolated) that can take pulses from a tach meter on the driveshaft/gearbox if present and an option for taking inputs from the bms for example for power consumption calculations.
That way you can have all the ppssible data in one location and all the arduino has to do is crunch the numbers you want.

Just finished working out how to get a micro controller to read my Sevcon size 6 TPDO Data. I have the dvt software so I know the scaling factors and this data can be ported to a digital display.

I will create a new thread to document the process soon.

Bernel

Awesome Bernel.

What microcontroller?

I'm working with a guy in Spain that is doing a bluetooth OBDII converter that polls the sevcon (and you can configure anything supported by the controller) and tell it what the PID is and it will respond to a phone/tablet running Torque (Android).

Check it:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95067

Could also be used with Curtis 1238 controllers or other CANOpen devices.

Back