Difference between the MXUS 3000W - V2 - 4Tx16 and 5Tx12?

Speed ? I run a 3000 at 3100 watts 80 volts at 40 amps gets me 38 miles per hour which is fine for an electric bike in the city. Many hills. 5T. I would buy a 18fet 60amp controller. Plus get a real battery 5c or more. A maybe baby battery will melt. The true answer is give me a 4t and 3t and I would let you know. Teslanv you have a 5t to test ride ?

Not a working one yet. I'll be sending the 3T, 4T, 5T and 6T to Justin soon, and these will all be listed on the ebikes.ca simulator soon. :)

My 5t does 38mph 80v 40 amp 12 fet. It eats up my A123 24s 20ah heavy battery. It needs a 60a controller, but will eat up the battery faster.
A 4t @ 60amp will go faster eating up more battery faster. Yes more fun but fast for a wot rider.
Plus it's a big heavy scooter motor and not a ebike motor.
All you need is 2400 watts for most street. 9c rear is fun and 48v 40 amp is fine if your careful or muxus with 28mm stator.
But what you want and what battery can you afford. I wouldn't run rc lipo. So ?
Plus it's a tank.
What type of riding ?

MXUS requires a 20-Motor Minimum order.

I am planning on bringing in some of these in 9X7T and 10X5T windings, along with their new Sino Controllers. I think these motors and controllers could be the Yescom killer. :twisted:

teslanv said:
MXUS requires a 20-Motor Minimum order.

I am planning on bringing in some of these in 9X7T and 10X5T windings, along with their new Sino Controllers. I think these motors and controllers could be the Yescom killer. :twisted:

It may be hard to beat the value of the $193 yescomusa - 1000 watt kits with controller for the average ebiker buyer .

do you think these mxus motors will be able to give similar price, with better performance ?

I think its important , that when considering the best price/ performance aspects of these hub motor kits, that your average ebiker will probably be using around a 48 volt battery system , so from a salespoint perspective, trying to find the best performing motor/ combo , at best price, may result in best sales situation. Most ebikers dont need to do 45+ mph . If you can give them D.D. brushless hub drive motor that will do 30- 35 mph, with decent power/ torque and a suitable controller, for $200- $300 , you may have a good seller on your hands . IMHO, the most negative thing about the yescomusa 1000 watt motors, is its lacking of power...other then that, they are a great deal for the price, performance, and longevity they offer.

The fact that you can also provide support here in the U.S., is another good selling point for your company.

Sorry, I actually meant to post this in another MXUS thread. Perhaps some kind moderator could redirect it to this thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67683

The motors I am referring to above are 28mm Stator Motors. Pricing will be a little higher than the Yescom kits, but the performance should be SIGNIFICANTLY better with a 40A Sine Wave Controller and a 90% efficient motor design.

And the Yescomusa kits are closer to $300.
http://www.yescomusa.com/products/26in-rear-electric-bicycle-motor-conversion-kit-48v-1000w

teslanv said:
Sorry, I actually meant to post this in another MXUS thread.

The motors I am referring to above are 28mm Stator Motors. Pricing will be a little higher than the Yescom kits, but the performance should be SIGNIFICANTLY better with a 40A Sine Wave Controller and a 90% efficient motor design.

And the Yescomusa kits are closer to $300.
http://www.yescomusa.com/products/26in-rear-electric-bicycle-motor-conversion-kit-48v-1000w

It may be hard to beat the value of the $193 yescomusa - 1000 watt kits with controller for the average ebiker buyer .

do you think these mxus motors will be able to give similar price, with better performance ?

I think its important , that when considering the best price/ performance aspects of these hub motor kits, that your average ebiker will probably be using around a 48 volt battery system , so from a salespoint perspective, trying to find the best performing motor/ combo , at best price, for use with 48 volt battery system, may result in best sales situation. Most ebikers dont need to do 45+ mph . If you can give them D.D. brushless hub drive motor that will do 30- 35 mph, with decent power/ torque and a suitable controller, for $200- $300 , you may have a good seller on your hands . IMHO, the most negative thing about the yescomusa 1000 watt motors, is its lacking of power...other then that, they are a great deal for the price, performance, and longevity they offer.

The fact that you can also provide support here in the U.S., is another good selling point for your company.

2 months ago, I got a yescomusa kit off ebay for $193 shipped....for 1000 watt kit.

ebikedelight said:

I think its important , that when considering the best price/ performance aspects of these hub motor kits, that your average ebiker will probably be using around a 48 volt battery system , so from a salespoint perspective, trying to find the best performing motor/ combo , at best price, for use with 48 volt battery system, may result in best sales situation. Most ebikers dont need to do 45+ mph . If you can give them D.D. brushless hub drive motor that will do 30- 35 mph, with decent power/ torque and a suitable controller, for $200- $300 , you may have a good seller on your hands . IMHO, the most negative thing about the yescomusa 1000 watt motors, is its lacking of power...other then that, they are a great deal for the price, performance, and longevity they offer.

2 months ago, I got a yescomusa kit off ebay for $193 shipped....for 1000 watt kit.

I should be able to price these kits between $350-$400.

The Power and efficiency will be MUCH better than the Yescomusa kits.

In comparison, the Yescomusa kits come with a 48V-26A Square wave Controller.

Pairing the MXUS kit with the right battery will be critical, though, since the controller will be capable up perhaps 60A current, depending on the power level settings you choose.

teslanv said:
ebikedelight said:

I should be able to price these kits between $350-$400.

The Power and efficiency will be MUCH better than the Yescomusa kits.

In comparison, the Yescomusa kits come with a 48V-26A Square wave Controller.

Pairing the MXUS kit with the right battery will be critical, though, since the controller will be capable up perhaps 60A current, depending on the power level settings you choose.

Youve always seemed like a honest vendor, so I hope you can find a niche system like this .

If I were a vendor selling these kits, I would try to profit from the fact that most ebikers are probably using a 48 battery volt system. If you can provide a yescomusa alternative in 1000 wattt direct drive hub , that can do around 30- 35 mph , but with much better power/ torque and efficiency then the $195 yescomusa kits , you may have a big seller on your hands. Im not sure if you will be able to compete with yescomusa if your price is $400 or higher..but if you can come around $300 , then it may successful.

Its a tuff game no doubt. For people who weigh under 200 lbs, those yescomusa kits are a hard deal to beat...Its people like me that weigh 230 lbs, where the yescomusa 1000 watt motor, falls a bit short in the power/ torque dept , but still delivers adequate top speed and reliability { with the proper aftermarket controller/ lifepo4 battery,} .

I regularly pump 2000- 2500 watts into this cheap $193 yescomusa motor, and it handles it , although I know efficiency drops and heat builds up at those wattage levels.

No one can compete with a $200 Yescom kit. At least not presently. I would be that this is why em3ev.com, ebikekit.com and various other ebike retailers stopped selling the 28mm DD Hub. They may have a better 28mm motor & Controller combination, but all a consumer sees is the bottom line price. - It's the classic race to the bottom. :roll:

The only way to compete, is to clearly differentiate your own products as being better, more powerful, more efficient, which this MXUS kit would be, and is PERFECT for a 48V Battery, that can output enough current.

This is also not to say the Yescom Kits are not a good value, because certainly they are. I purchased one myself. They just have their place as a "Starter Kit"

teslanv said:
No one can compete with a $200 Yescom kit. At least not presently. I would be that this is why em3ev.com, ebikekit.com and various other ebike retailers stopped selling the 28mm DD Hub. They may have a better 28mm motor & Controller combination, but all a consumer sees is the bottom line price. - It's the classic race to the bottom. :roll:

The only way to compete, is to clearly differentiate your own products as being better, more powerful, more efficient, which this MXUS kit would be, and is PERFECT for a 48V Battery, that can output enough current.

This is also not to say the Yescom Kits are not a good value, because certainly they are. I purchased one myself. They just have their place as a "Starter Kit"

Agreed. My wifes ebike and mine, are both 1000 watt - yescomusa kits. My wife weighs around 160 lbs , so her setup is all stock with the 26 amp controller, and it suits her fine. But I am definitely open to something with a bit more pep / power and efficiency as long as its not 2x the cost of yescom . I would enjoy more power , but dont deem it important enough to pay $400 for it because the power I have now , although a bit lacking, is just barely enough to get the job done for my style of riding.

Let us know if you get these kits in, and also if you plan on selling just the hub motor by itself. I already own the Lyen 12 fet programmable controller , which should be fine for this application....would the sine wave controller give that much greater results then this Lyen ?

Yes, I will be offering the Laced Motors independently from the sine wave controllers.

While the Sine Wave controllers are not programmable, like the Lyen and Infineon controllers, I believe they offer better overall performance for the price.

Back