[done] E Onda boards made in the alps

Hi Yeti, thxs for posting.
The transmission comes from Conrad, the motor sprocket has 10Teeth, the chain standard is DIN8187-ISO 04-01, the motor axle is 10mm, it is locked with an M3 screw through the motor axle.
(scroll up a bit, I think this was mentionned few posts ago)
Will probably try a 1:2 ratio since I see a 15T sprocket available :twisted:
Cheers :wink: - let's go for a ride

Hi Barndom, Thxs for posting,
higher speeds are ok, providing I changed the shocks with harder ones and the turning radius is not too short...

brake feel good too, only the landing could eventually feel a bit hard...
(I had a crash while tuning UP the motor timing AND the brake force : the board stopped faster than me :cry: ).

Here is a little update with this built, starting with a summary of the versions done so far :

(I have been wrong for a while calculating top speed : actually the Onda Vibe has 140mm wheel, not 180mm like on the Onda Core)

The board now runs on a Hacker 150kV motor, a 15/30 ratio, electronics in a new microwable kitchen box with a nice seal all around, a bit messy but everything fits in :

Some GPS screenshots, riding at 15Wh/km somehow, 47.2km/h top speed, 7.33kms total distance :

Haven't really checked to be honest, I am used to "kick-start" but I think it starts from standstill too.
(Note that I use a 1:2 ratio now, so the initial force is probably reduced compared with the 1:3 ratio)

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
Haven't really checked to be honest, I am used to "kick-start" but I think it starts from standstill too.
(Note that I use a 1:2 ratio now, so the initial force is probably reduced compared with the 1:3 ratio)

Ok thanks. I'm pretty sure yours will because it's light.

Cool vid, I like how low they designed the deck. Certainty looks stable at speed.

nice road.. looks like a great place to ride..
like your setup.. :D

thxs for posting kfong and bto_pty,
The board is stable as a truck lol :lol:
it was filmed along the french west coast in the biggest (artificial) european forest which offers endless cycling lanes of top quality asphalt. Note that I was not using regular safety gear : the location was "path finded" before to care of various kind of obstacles, mostly branches and pine cones. :evil:

Here is an other one which showes - very slow progress in video editing quality :mrgreen:
and some Embedded views - some parking lot carving - and a battery swap at the end:
[youtube]OyDPthqKwIE[/youtube]

glad you like it - especially nice place if you also know that the atlantic ocean is somewhere like 800m on the left along the forest -
but unfortunatly, without waves I was seeking for at that time - so I rode those cycling pathes like a demon to compensiate :twisted:

Showing now a clean up of my 1.1liter "curver - aroma fresh - 20 x 15 x 6cm" enclosure, including :

- ESC fan re-installed (reason is long downhill "alpine" ride, heat built up while braking and not going fast enought)
- ESC bolted upside down to the enclosure throug the fan screws
- Wii receiver - which I am still getting used to - very difficult to control in "raw" mode and too safe - not to say boring - in "cruise" mode
- a 8mm hole on the side for the ESC switch to protrube outside and to power up the system without opening the enclosure

I am confident to have enought room left to lodge a power meter ...soon.

Thxs gents,
only the polymer decks are (were) "dropping" above the truck, leaving room for a motor -
the boards with bamboo deck are straight above the truck and I haven't electrified my Onda Longa since it requires a longer (therefore thicker to have it stiff) motor mount,

note that there has been people inspired by this built too who did not choose the same piece as me for the motor mount and ran into troubles
The spec of the one I use is "GAH-Alberts 330514 90 x 90 x 65 mm " made of 2.5mm thick steel :
51Zl7HMu0qL.jpg

8042 views on this topic today, thxs all for your interest! only 3 pages so feel free to ask any concern

started a new board based on the onda core deck and enertion 5" wheels :

Back