Duct Tape E-Bay Lifepo4s???

Probably should post this under Yesa, but I have run my 24v 10 AHr pack to cut-off, used 240 wHr, so got full use from pack.
Very impressed!
I'm also looking at these 'duct tape' LiFePo4 packs. If they appear to work out, I'll pick one up for my e-trike.Just not sure on capacity, but will be 36v, and at least 10 AHr, have to admit though, the 15 or 18 AHr packs would be nice!

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2903&p=43301#p43301 See Gary's Ride Report on this Forum.

Don

So with good luck from ordering from anna on eBay, I decided to take a chance on new.journey07( I believe they are both the same source). He said "I am sorry your batteries is mading,because some spare parts is sold out and i need mading again,i will ship out after finish and give you tracking number.Thanks!" So the batteries he has are not actually in stock.

It has been about a week now, and I am anxiously awaiting news on the batteries. Since then he has listed another 36v 15ah battery like the one I am ordering. I wonder whats up. I'll keep you posted.

So I would recommend against bidding on http://cgi.ebay.com/LiFePO4-36V-15AH-Battery-Packs-For-Electric-vehicles_W0QQitemZ110211268244QQihZ001QQcategoryZ75210QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But do so at your own risk!

Still waiting for my pack to come in...

Anna told me its currently Chinese new year there so thats why it hasn't been sent out!

Hopefully sometime this week or next week.

Ding-Ho, baby...

DM1.jpg

I ordered one from new Journey as well ..

I ordered over a week ago and have gotten little feed back to my emails and the same response as johnbear did as well.

I would agree i would stay away from new journey for now.. My first order went very well. So I will have to wait and see ..

Nope it was from New Journey but i am not sure if they are the same ?

I would think they all are coming from the same source..

What's the latest?... Any sign of the duct tape batts yet?

Anna and new.journey are the same seller, check out the pictures of the listed batteries:

Anna:
14de_1.JPG

New Journey:

The floor is the exact same!

As I have not received my batteries I ordered on December 27, 2007, or a valid tracking number I would suggest not ordering from either.

I didn't get my tracking number till I hassled the seller for one.... i would suggest you do the same.

Please post a ride report on these "duct tape" packs. I for one would love to know how well they perform ? I am sure everyone else is waiting on some real world testing as well.

Best,

Don Harmon

Update on the packs I ordered: 36v 15ah - They are still not in, I asked for a refund, but new journey said there was a problem with EMS and will be resending them. So I guess we shall see. About now I think I would be happy with a refund! His ebay listing says the batteries will be received within 5-10 working days.

FYI, you have exactly 45 days from the date of the transaction to dispute a Paypal charge. And Paypal almost always rules in favor of the buyer, sometimes unfairly so. I'm especially interested to see the durability and reliability of these duct tape batteries.

I appreciate the information, If I don't hear back soon about my batteries I may dispute this charge. I don't like the dishonesty of this seller.

John,

I will keep my fingers crossed for you .. I think you have one pack now. I have one duct tape and it is a shame that the sellers have been less than consistant.

I got in over 30 miles today on a single charge again today and it is still going strong... The preformance is great esp for the price..

I am very very happy with the battery . However, after some other problems with the same supplier and John's problems. I am not sure i will buy risk it again.

Arbiker501

yeah it is kinda annoying.

I'm experiencing the same issue too... first of excuse i got was that it was xmas and new year break...

now 6 days later since i got the ems dispatch number, I can't track it... thank god i got paypal.

not sure where my order is at the moment!

Back