• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Duct Tape E-Bay Lifepo4s???

Well due to poor weather on the West Coast here I have not got to doing any serious road testing of the batteries yet. But when the weather improves I will be able to report how they perform after some more cycles.

Tums, zantac.. i'll take any of them lol..

See.... Far from what i was sent, i WANTED a quality pack, no matter the cost, so personally the Lifebatt solution looks mighty good to me.

But as you can expect, i'm a tad reluctant to dive in again, regardless.. once the charger/CMS/ABC/GBDT..whatever they call it.. is available.. i'll be buying one !.. gimme 80v 10ah plz ! :D

I now see a (well-protected, and insulated) Ping pack in my future. 48V/15Ah should be just enough to push me to 28-30MPH (45-48kph.) The right combination of acceleration, speed, and battery life. Just fast enough not to get caught in NYC. :) My back is starting to ache from carrying around my current 12Vx4 SLA 8-pound (3.6kg) monsters.

petranator said:
Dear Don, Tyler, and all the other bitter domestic battery resellers who frequent this board:

Don't take it personally, but everyones a little tired of the rhetoric. Most people are checking out this forum because they AREN'T interested in your $1000 solutions. (ie. They don't have that kind of money to spend/waste).

Everyone knows that buying foreign (everyone say CHEAPER) products involves some inherent risk. The point of this forum is to mitigate that risk as much as possible buy demonstrating a track record for the different resellers.

Coming on here and claiming that all battery packs produced off US soil are of poor quality is laughable at best. In the end, cheap foreign labour will always win out, and foreign distributors will find ways to improve the cosmetics of their products. What we want to know is their ACTUAL TRACK RECORD. And in that department you have nothing constructive to add. I think you are wasting a lot of time if you seriously believe for a moment that anyone here wants a "Lifebatt" or any other such product for the 6 figure salaries out there.

Regards,

Nate

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2903&p=46937#p46937
Don Harmon

bikeraider said:
Hi Don,

I go to your post and is very interesting, and I like to know if I'm right. If a need 48 volt 20 Ah pack with a charger the price for the pack is 2 x 750 $=1500 $ and have to add an other 250 $ for the charge but is a quick charger :D , so, at the end the total is around 1750 $ without taxes and shipping right?

Good day!
Bikeraider

If you are looking @ our website and our packs (Gary & Bob have a different product esp. for ebikes) the Hard-Pack 48V / 20AH including VMS would be $ 1,880.00. Includes our 3 Year Warranty. Charger is separate but is our Speedy Charger. You would have to add shipping from our California Dist. Center. Taxes are not charged for sales out of state. We should have all of our new pricing up by next week. Our Hard-Packs are designed for automotive applications, and for e-bikes we recommend you look @ Bob & Gary's offerings which should be out by the end of next week also. Since I was asked a question here directly - I hope I don't get a bunch of nasty comments here saying I am off - topic !

Best,

Don Harmon

48 20 update.

I paid ping and he said he would ship in 24 hours. So in 24 hr . Tracking number in my mail box as promise. . Plus he said he was sorry it took so long the snow made it hard to ship. The pack did ship yesterday as he had hoped.. So he really shipped it the same day .

Arbiker501

Arbiker501 said:
48 20 update.

I paid ping and he said he would ship in 24 hours. So in 24 hr . Tracking number in my mail box as promise. . Plus he said he was sorry it took so long the snow made it hard to ship. The pack did ship yesterday as he had hoped.. So he really shipped it the same day .

Arbiker501
Hi how much did you pay for your 48v 20ah?

nah not off topic there don...

but as stated earlier... for alot of tinkers here... just spending under 2 grand on a battery pack is alot...

Hence the reason why i put the challenge, if lifebatt can make packs similar to a duct tape pack at a similar cost then you would probably see us low cost tinkers buying your product.

albie said:
nah not off topic there don...

but as stated earlier... for alot of tinkers here... just spending under 2 grand on a battery pack is alot...

Hence the reason why i put the challenge, if lifebatt can make packs similar to a duct tape pack at a similar cost then you would probably see us low cost tinkers buying your product.

Understand completely - Keep an eye on what Bob & Gary are going to be offering. Their pricing will be more competitive than ours because we are taking a different approach and it involves expensive injection molds and more complicated electronic systems that are aimed at the automotive market. That's all I am saying. Our corporate mission is not in selling loose cells. Much like our competitors do - we offer a higher end product that also involves considerable engineering tailored to each customer's specific engine, drivetrain, power & range demands. I welcome straight shooting re-sellers like Ping, and I hope he can offer a product that performs to your expectations. Everyone has a different set of them an certainly a different budget. There is room for a wide range of LiFePO4 product at all kinds of budget levels and performance expectations.

That is the reason that Bob & Gary are handling all of our e-bike business, and we fully support them.

Best,

Don

I think most of us would much rather have a lifebatt pack.. I dont think the price would have to be the same but closer..

The one thing that is good for Lifebatt IMO, Is for more customers having Lifepo4. For me after having one duct tape pack i was blown away by the preformance...And NOW i hate my sla's. Hell the only reason i dont give Don more crap is if duct tape goes away i might buy one from him..

. IT would make it much easier to pay a higher price for a lifebatt pack.. Maybe not 2 grand but more .. Esp knowing first hand of lifepo preformance and knowing lifebatt would be even better.

Currently , Duct tape packs meet my needs.. But like the most of you E bike junkies.. I want 72, 84, HELL give me 96 volts and 50 amps.. with a pack that can discharge 50 amps ..all day without a ductape odor.. A five min recharge time and all . Maybe a nitro button if you have one .. and sooooo on..

I am not sure where the line is drawn from a very pratical e bike and a extreme e bike..

Arbiker.

Yesa is another reasonable distributor of lifepoo packs.

Dewalt 36v custom packs can be acquired cheap if you are in the states.

Ok so i didn't get to bid successfully on the lifepo4 pack that i wanted to get off ping.

the price for the pack i was going for skyrocketed to 600+US!

I'm like F-that!

Arbiker501 said:
Currently , Duct tape packs meet my needs.. But like the most of you E bike junkies.. I want 72, 84, HELL give me 96 volts and 50 amps.. with a pack that can discharge 50 amps ..all day without a ductape odor.. A five min recharge time and all . Maybe a nitro button if you have one .. and sooooo on..

I am not sure where the line is drawn from a very pratical e bike and a extreme e bike..

Arbiker.

Hoo, boy. Throw in some plug/regen braking, programmable controller, and built in speed charger and I think you have a winner.

The line is subjective 8).

On the contrary, I suspect the price of ALL LiFePO4 batteries will decend as mass production ramps up.

This chem formula is getting more and more attention, and with greater demand/increased production, manufacturing cost will continue to come down.

That's good news for all - foreign and domestic makers.

Nate

Arbiker501 said:
For me after having one duct tape pack i was blown away by the preformance...

Airbiker, I'm now going into my sixth recharge, I can say same thing as yours.
How deep discharge is yours, usually?

I have sold mine . But have a 48 volt on the way. I never ran it till cut off mostly cause my butt would be sore.

I ran it 30 miles plus once or twice.

I meant i dont think the duct tape packs are reflective of the LIfepo4 market in price.. Esp when for a while they were selling 48 20 packs on ebay for 339 plus shipping..

But yes i am certain you are right as time goes on the market price will go down for sure.. Even those nice lifebatt packs

Arbiker501 said:
I have sold mine . But have a 48 volt on the way. I never ran it till cut off mostly cause my butt would be sore.

I ran it 30 miles plus once or twice.

It definitely resembles my experience. (To these lengths, a real butt-ery) :lol:

I just need my pack to run for a year. At that time, I'll start to re-evaluate my needs based against the current marketplace. No doubt prices will start dropping in a year's time. The free advertising here probably will only cause a temporary spike.

Ok this is interesting.

I got my money back from paypal the other day regarding the previous battery packs I ordered from anna.

Checked my email today and I got an email from anna going here is the tracking number for your battery pack.

I checked the email... lo and behold a legitimate battery pack. I checked the Aust post website and saw that it was sitting somewhere in their network. I'm going to try and track it down and get it delivered to work this morning hopefully.

Will let you know how i go.

Looks like I won't have it till monday.

Got it routed to the post office near my work.

Some sort of address issue or something... ah well!

Back