Dutch E-Bike Market Upswing Predicted

jkbrigman

10 kW
A recent survey of 30,000 Dutch households claims market for ebikes is about to take off there:

http://www.bike-eu.com/news/e-bikes-are-turning-dutch-market-upside-down-5784.html?cmpid=NLC|Bike%20Europe|10-apr-2012|E-Bikes%20Are%20Turning%20Dutch%20Market%20Upside%20Down

This is a very non-technical news story, focusing mainly on market forecasting, but would appear to portend good news for electric bicycles in this European country. Study was commissioned by the ebike vendor "Sparta".

jkbrigman said:
Study was commissioned by the ebike vendor "Sparta".

Where does it say that? It says that it was a recipient of the report, but not the commissioner.

Having travelled in Europe recently, some places have almost 1 in 10 bikes being electric and others virtually none. I can't figure out the reason. Its not terrain or bike friendliness.

Having had some great pedal only rides here has made me want to upgrade my whole bike, not just the motor, back home.

Sunder said:
jkbrigman said:
Study was commissioned by the ebike vendor "Sparta".

Where does it say that? It says that it was a recipient of the report, but not the commissioner.

You're right. TNS NIPO did the survey work. There's nothing in the article saying Sparta paid for it, but I think one might be naive to think they didn't.

Back