E-GO by Yuneec Internationl

A dual motor setup requires two ESC's, so no, stock e-go has only a single ESC. That's why I replaced the ESC by two VESC's, then your dual motor kit will work (use a splitter cable to power the two VESC's using e-go battery pack.

A single hub motor maybe possible with stock e-go ESC,I need to test it.

erwincoumans said:
A dual motor setup requires two ESC's, so no, stock e-go has only a single ESC. That's why I replaced the ESC by two VESC's, then your dual motor kit will work (use a splitter cable to power the two VESC's using e-go battery pack.

Ohhh isee, thanks for the explanation. What VESC did you use? Did it end up killing the range on your E-GO after you made the mods to it?

I just tried it and none of my sensorless motors with with original e-go ESC, it seems to require Hall sensors. The phone-app reports 'hardware error'. The original motor has Hall sensors.

The VESC does detect the Hall sensors and works in sensored mode.

xshana414 said:
erwincoumans said:

Ohhh isee, thanks for the explanation. What VESC did you use? Did it end up killing the range on your E-GO after you made the mods to it?

I used my own hand-soldered VESC's 4.8 with PCBs from Hackvana. I never measured the range of any of my skateboards, don't want to walk home. Perhaps at some stage I bring a spare battery to try it.

erwincoumans said:

will 2xgeneric hobby-grade ESC work with the benchwheel dual motor or do you have to use VESC? any recommendations?

thanks

Today Only - Yuneec Ego Electric Skateboard for $524.99 shipped + tax

Add to cart and apply coupon code "FLASH25"

http://tinyurl.com/pqwr7pr (Sport's Authority)

more info on the coupon, ends very soon

http://www.sportsauthority.com/home/index.jsp

this is a pretty good deal for the average joe to see what eboarding is all about.
thanks for sharing!

off topic, i wish Yuneec didnt promise an android app. cause 2 years later, there's only the iphone app. damn them

For those who want a quick upgrade go 10s...i did 80 miles or so on 10s and it makes a massive difference to top speed and acceleration

The only problem was the motor getting a little hotter than it should... i've sent all my running gear to Bruno to see if he can fit me a sensored motor that can handle 10s better... i don't think the standard motor will last long running 10s

I will let you all know the outcome

jake, all you did was pop the 10s battery pack in? did the e-go bms charge it as normal?
how would a sensored motor work better with 10s? and which 10s did you install? any tips is greatly appreciated

tung256 said:
jake, all you did was pop the 10s battery pack in? did the e-go bms charge it as normal?
how would a sensored motor work better with 10s? and which 10s did you install? any tips is greatly appreciated

The E-go motor is already sesnsored....i just want a better sensorded motor that is definitely rated for 10s

Just unbolt the 6 Hex screws on top of the board and remove the battery pack

if you look at my picture two pages back on the thread... you can see i used 2 x 5s lipos in series to make 10s and connected them to the E-go ESC

i just taped them under the board to test it, but i have bought the 2 x 5s zippy 8000ah carbon enclosure from AD to fit when i get it back from bruno

as for charging.. i have to use my RC charger as i use lipo...if you want BMS and the same sort of low profile battery i would suggest a space cell from Enertion or Alien Power systems, but i think you will still require one of their chargers...but don't quote me on that!

I personally think the motor would definitely last on 10s for most people, im a big guy and live in a very hilly area so i know i will kill it eventually as it was getting quite warm...Im Really looking forward to see what he can do with it as it rides so nice on 10s :D

If you do try it i definitely don't think you will ever want to run it on the standard pack again...mine hasn't been used since!

Obviously at your own risk :mrgreen:

tung256 said:
very very tempting!!!!! thanks for the advice jake

NP ...just do it :mrgreen: ..

Ive done at least 80 hard miles on 10s .....230lbs rider ...full throttle up ALOT of hills !! and loads of heavy breaking, the ESC was barely warm at any point!

Seems to me its just the volts of the original pack limiting the top speed! (I may be wrong)...but if the board rode like this from the factory it would be a seriously good board for the money!

5.6 mile ride with the original battery pack...i rode until it was completely dead :oops: ...only just got me home!

Max Elevation 620ft

This ride was 6.2 miles with 2 x 5s 5000mah Turnigy lipo packs in series...as you can see im ridging a lot steeper hills at higher speeds, with more range

Max Elvation 764ft

gj jake

you solved a big problem for the e-go... i would have thought the stock e-go esc wouldnt be able to run a 10s lipo but you proved it

plus you could make it a swappable pack really easy

wish ive known it when i had my e-go

but you never know how long the motor/esc will last with the e-go

Very true... And I'm no expert, but it was definitely worth the risk for me anyway.....

As for the motor and esc lasting..... Who knows? All I can say is from my testing it's worth the risk

Also I feel that the standard motor on 10s would be fine for most people.... I'm just unlucky enough to live in a hilly area and be 6ft7

If Bruno can come up with a better sensored motor rated for 10s.... I think with the egos esc, power delivery and nice controller, it could be a really nice set up

I would love someone to try the 10s mod a post there thoughts

can you confirm if you were in rabbit or turtle mode with your 10s?
my e-go controller is stuck on turtle mode or something. the e-go even on full charge is slow even with the rabbit mode on.

Hey

please take some photos of the electronics, because I think that the Controller dies slowly with the higher voltage.
I hope for you it is ready for 10s but just to be sure take the time and shoot some fotos.

kimboviper said:
jake

does the battery indicator on the remote still work with the lipos? im guessing no...

No I don't think it does... but I use lipo alarms connected to the balance charging leads coming off the battery... Does the same thing.... IMO Is worth the trade off

jakeyb2525 said:
kimboviper said:
jake

does the battery indicator on the remote still work with the lipos? im guessing no...

No I don't think it does... but I use lipo alarms connected to the balance charging leads coming off the battery... Does the same thing.... IMO Is worth the trade off

Do you have a picture of the case and where to buy for the two turnigy batteries?

HI

For those who have asked what parts i have used......

Batteries x 2

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16227__ZIPPY_Flightmax_8000mAh_5S1P_30C.html

Carbon battery Enclosure

http://www.aliendrivesystems.com/store/p78/ABS_battery_cover-10S_8000mah_Hobby_King-%282x5S%29.html

you will also need a series connector to make your 2 x 5s batteries 10s...something like this

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ec3-battery-series-harness--13-awg-eflaec308

Some EC3 Connectors for your batteries

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__9625__EC3_plugs_10pairs_set_.html

And a half decent RC Lipo charger

I will post some pictures as soon as mine is built back up... with hopefully a new motor :D

Please remember this mod is at your own risk!!...it worked out for me...it may not for you!

tung256 said:
can you confirm if you were in rabbit or turtle mode with your 10s?
my e-go controller is stuck on turtle mode or something. the e-go even on full charge is slow even with the rabbit mode on.

Thats a shame

I just left mine it in rabbit mode ...the eco and sport still works...i would definatly recomend starting in eco on your first ride... the extra acceleration takes a bit of getting use to...i had to tighthead my front truck too... i was getting bad speed wobble at top speed ... :shock:

Jake, you cracked open one hell of a code.
Just tried mine on 8s and love it.
Bet 9s would be a good all around set-up.
Kudos man.. ;)

Sonny Boy said:
Jake, you cracked open one hell of a code.
Just tried mine on 8s and love it.
Bet 9s would be a good all around set-up.
Kudos man.. ;)

Thanks good to hear Sonny Boy!

How much better is it to ride???

keep checking your esc and motor temps....i haven't tried 8s but obviously you can feel the benefits of the extra voltage

I think 8-9s would be a safe long term setup...

Did you get any motor pulsing under full throttle??

Back