E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

I remember at least 4.

1st bigger with metal side covers.

2nd the one you see most on this post, crystalite 5403 motor, cycle analyst (v2.3 I think), sides metal/carbon fiber with vboxx.

3rd almost the same but with a new onboard computer replacing cycle analyst and motor is a crystalyte 5580 or 5560 ( I could be wrong on the motor reference), with vboxx.

4rd the one they have now. New design no vboxx.
Just adding to what you said.

1st Generation (2008) bigger frame with metal side covers...and Crystalyte 53xx motor and still had the Vboxx, around 2008. Came with Huge lifepo4 cylindrical Headway cells. Back then you could order one with a 5303, 5304, and 5305.

2nd Generation (2011) the one you see most on this post, crystalite 5403 motor, cycle analyst (v2.25), Frame was smaller, used Lifepo4 pouch cells. 24s 18Ah battery.

3rd Generation, (20014) almost the same but with a new onboard computer (DC1) replacing cycle analyst and motor was still the 5403. Towards the end of this generation, Stealth moved to the UFO 55XX motor. And at the very end of this generation, Stealth started using a new battery which is a 22s 24ah unit until. I do not know which cells are now used in this generation.

4th Generation, (Technically started before Covid, and them some delays with supply chain interruptions around the globe) the one they have now. Stealth acquires the rights to manufacture their own VBoxx. Battery is up to 28AH. They now have the HBoxx. Its like a 6 speed version of the Vboxx spreading the ratios evenly over 618%, electronic shifting, and way more heavy duty, and stronger. Also results in a much stiffer swingarm and frame flex is massively reduced/almost eliminated. Stealth also introduced new heavier and ebike specific disk brakes calipers and rotors front and rear.

5th Generation You will see. All I can say is, this will be my next Stealth Bomber purchase.

Last edited:
Just adding to what you said.

1st Generation (2008) bigger frame with metal side covers...and Crystalyte 53xx motor and still had the Vboxx, around 2008. Came with Huge lifepo4 cylindrical Headway cells. Back then you could order one with a 5303, 5304, and 5305.

2nd Generation (2011) the one you see most on this post, crystalite 5403 motor, cycle analyst (v2.25), Frame was smaller, used Lifepo4 pouch cells. 24s 18Ah battery.

3rd Generation, (20014) almost the same but with a new onboard computer (DC1) replacing cycle analyst and motor was still the 5403. Towards the end of this generation, Stealth moved to the UFO 55XX motor. And at the very end of this generation, Stealth started using a new battery which is a 22s 24ah unit until. I do not know which cells are now used in this generation.

4th Generation, (Technically started before Covid, and them some delays with supply chain interruptions around the globe) the one they have now. Stealth acquires the rights to manufacture their own VBoxx. Battery is up to 28AH. They now have the HBoxx. Its like a 6 speed version of the Vboxx spreading the ratios evenly over 618%, electronic shifting, and way more heavy duty, and stronger. Also results in a much stiffer swingarm and frame flex is massively reduced/almost eliminated. Stealth also introduced new heavier and ebike specific disk brakes calipers and rotors front and rear.

5th Generation You will see. All I can say is, this will be my next Stealth Bomber purchase.
Great info, Thank You :).

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the Crystalyte H+55xx motor and the UFO motor or are they the same motor?

Great info, Thank You :).

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the Crystalyte H+55xx motor and the UFO motor or are they the same motor?
The H55 and the UFO55 have the same stator armature and magnets. But the sides and spoke flanges are different. The drilling on the H55 is even all the way around the shell, the UFO are series on each side of the hub flange in groups of two. As result, the UFO is much more difficult to lace to rims that have the spoke wholes punched at dedicated angles, where as the H55 is not due to the evenly spaced spoke holes on the flange. Also, the UFO sides and hub flange are shaped like an old school flying saucer, hence the name.

Back