ebike friendly Stone Brewery

Lemlux

100 W
Yesterday I took a 45 mile bike ride after I determined that the Stone Brewery in Escondido, Ca. was very EV friendly. It seems that ownership and senior management have plug-in electric cars which motivated the brewery to install a pair of free-to-customers charging stations in front of the main entry to their gift shop, tasting room, and restaurant at their brewery.

When I asked about charging my bike they said "Of course! just park it on the edge of the lobby inside next to the gift shop, and bring an extension cord to run along the wall to access a gift shop wall outlet behind the counter."

So, I loaded my Stone growler on the bike, semi-agressively drove my 1.5 kwh setup at 50 wh per mile for 25 miles on a slightly circuitous route to the brewery. I recharged the 104V system at 6A for 100 minutes while Christmas shopping at the gift shop, filling my growler with "special 16th anniversary 10.0% abv double IPA" and lunching (sans beer) at the restaurant.

Happily, I returned home via a somewhat more direct 20 miles route at a speedier 58wh per mile.Stone_2a.jpgStone_3a.jpg

Big props to those guys! I will gladly patronize EV friendly businesses....

I have always thought that in the rare event a heaven actually exists - it would be a fairly boring place.

But I think you just proved it to the contrary!

Back