EBike With Hub Battery

RevDon

100 W
I've seen this discussed before, but never have actually seen one - til now. This one has a 36V/9AH NiMH. You can get an extra for $650. I just thought y'all might enjoy seeing it - it LOOKS good at least :mrgreen:

http://www.electricmotionsystems.com/

Don

I hope i got this right but i'm pretty sure " Rakesh " is a member on here, he was on the Power-Assist groups a while ago. The bike has some of the guys that were involved with the TF bikes, quite a few video's about it on youtube also.

I like the looks of it, but the 9ah nimh pack leaves me a bit worried about range.

The semi-radial spoke patern is well thought out, waterproof, not quite as expensive as an optibike, but not nearly as inexpensive :lol: ... :lol: *thinks to self about current price tag on his daily driver :lol: but aimed at the high-end market, buy it and drive it crowd.

The site says they are showing it at a wine festival/event thing and a police conference. They will probably try to sell to military too if they are marketing to law enforcement.

I guess they won't be selling it to any cops in Florida since they're illegal there...

Neat concept. But 36V/9Ah just isn't enough for long commutes. It'd be neat if you could cram 72V/20Ah min in a hub, unfortunately the logistics of that don't work.

Batteries in the frame makes more sense to me...little/no added weight for battery container...whatever capacity you desire...more stealth. I'm sure they went through that thought process during design, but for some reason decided against frame tubes that could be opened to insert/change batteries. I'm still waiting to see a great bike for the masses instead of the engineering effort going into the niche market of high priced bikes.

John

Back