Electric Bubble Gum board mk1

lol. The board I let others ride has throttle limited to 50% and I warn them that the throttle is really sensitive. They always blip it and have to bail. Good thing it maxes out at about 10mph at that throttle.

same thing on all my boards..i've let lots of really good park skater's on and no matter how many times you warn them..the blip the throttle and off they come..and the last time i got smacked in the face by his flaying arms!! lol
I just don't think they can comprehend the power that's available,,

I got two questions. What board are you using? Are you planning on releasing the files for the 3dprinted "case" for the components?

I'm going to submit it to KickStarter next week, for $550. The final board will be made with injection molded parts but I will include a USB of all the designs in case people want to print different color parts or replace things like gears or change gear ratio. I also made a longboard case that I will include on the USB.

I was also planning on having a separate reward for the USB stick and a sticker for $25.

https://plus.google.com/+Bubblegumboards1/posts/p/pub

The Green one glows in the dark
M3TTL0c.png

Crappy voltage meter im testing out.
nHbs27T.png

I've had one crack at the skate park because I was trying to show off in the bowl and hit it on the coping.

Inside the case is a bottom piece that holds the battery and electric and braces the exterior pieces. Right now I only use a 25% infill. I think it really helps that they are in multiple pieces because they flex, but yeah if you slammed the case on a curb of something it would crack.

I picked up the Editor's choice award at the Atlanta Makers Faire this weekend. It was super fun, on Saturday I let tons of people demo the boards until the Maker Faire staff asked me to stop because it was too crowded. I think I had every teenaged boy in Atlanta stop by my booth.

voodoojar said:
I picked up the Editor's choice award at the Atlanta Makers Faire this weekend. It was super fun, on Saturday I let tons of people demo the boards until the Maker Faire staff asked me to stop because it was too crowded. I think I had every teenaged boy in Atlanta stop by my booth.

Haha congrats.

awesome guy great job

I've been spending too much on boards recently, but couldn't resist becoming a supporter.

Hoping this'll travel easy in a carry on (and that such a small board won't put me on my face too harshly.)

voodoojar said:
Thank you for the support. I've been ordering parts all day for the first run of boards. Even if Kickstarter doesn't meet the goal I will have 35 available on my site starting Oct 25th.

Isn't selling these things a bureaucratic nightmare? CE, FCC, shipping documents because of the LI-Po batteries and much more. Do you have any experience in this field or am i just imagining it to be more difficult than it is?

Anyway i'm gonna take a look on your kickstarter

Back