Eurobike 2010 coverage

Who is coming ?
I think this is the possibility for us : guys from ES to meet after seeing some bikes and have a drink or thousands :)?
Accountant and me will be there at Saturday . We are also trying to get Hal to go , but he has like a ton of family birthdays at Saturday .
Anyway , if anybody else is coming please tell us

Cool pics, Miles. Interesting front suspension on that Scheinwiffer(sp?) :like the BMW motorcycle someone posted a little while ago. Bosch seems to have a neat integrated bottom bracket design but nothing revolutionary, just light and low powered. I guess that ain't all bad.
otherDoc

So , Eurobike really suprised us . The amount of electric bikes there was just incredible : equipped with bosch system, new hub type motors and the type of the motors at non hub drive groups on ES. So , this years Eurobike had a really big makeover, the bikes are starting to look damm good and stylish designed.. You probably seen most of the bikes but here it goes :

first part

CIMG5823.jpg

CIMG5821.jpg

CIMG5814.jpg

CIMG5812.jpg

CIMG5809.jpg

CIMG5807.jpg

CIMG5804.jpg

CIMG5799.jpg

CIMG5798.jpg

CIMG5797.jpg

CIMG5795.jpg

CIMG5794.jpg

CIMG5791.jpg

...i cant stop thinking about the frame :) This is the style i like and similiar to what i hope it will come out of my bike frame .... Also the electric drive looks nice ..didnt drive it ..grr
CIMG5789.jpg

CIMG5812.jpg

the guy asked for 7 thousand euro for this bike ... ? Accountant and me said to him.:we hang out with bunch of guys from ES town....and you know what ? If bike doesent have more than 1 kw ..we re not watching :)....Anyway ... he didnt care .. ..But the ranges of prices of the bikes on the pictures and electric bikes that we saw in middle price range are from 2000 dollars and up to 7 thousand euros..... We re talking designed bicycles like on the upper pictures. The all Chinesse non designed bicycles with normal hub motors and some batteries are less...but they look like crap..

CIMG5847.jpg

CIMG5845.jpg

Miles about this drive down on the pictures : It dependes on the order quantity for them if they will even produce them for public .. So the drives look nice , but they dont have the price yet and they said to send them email and ask ..So sorry, no info about it , just pictures
CIMG5835.jpg

CIMG5833.jpg

CIMG5829.jpg

CIMG5824.jpg

CIMG5819.jpg

These are specially for Aussie :
CIMG5811.jpg

Photobucket uploads every second or third picture so i am sorry for the mess

CIMG5888.jpg

CIMG5887.jpg

metro drive 1:1.6
CIMG5882.jpg

CIMG5880.jpg

CIMG5879-Copy.jpg

CIMG5872.jpg

CIMG5870.jpg

CIMG5869.jpg

CIMG5868.jpg

more pinion

CIMG5832.jpg

CIMG5831.jpg

CIMG5810.jpg

CIMG5799-1.jpg

CIMG5888.jpg

CIMG5887.jpg

Yeah , he is a beauty..I really wonder how many of this manufacturers are looking at what we are doing here on ES ...and doing the same thing with a whole -lot - more machining options..
Miles , the guy from WHite ind. is great , he is really pleasant :) His products are top quality ... I advise everybody to use his service and products ..

markobetti said:
Miles , the guy from WHite ind. is great , he is really pleasant :) His products are top quality ... I advise everybody to use his service and products ..
Yes, I've had several long chats on the phone with Doug White - nice guy.

I can think of a number of words for someone selling freewheels that go for $80/ea, and "nice" doesn't come to mind however personable the guy is. Call me cheap, but I always find myself at odds with "whatever the market will bear" pricing strategies, because it's bad for the customer and in the long run I believe it's a bad business decision.

Good to see that there are some high power off road ebikes making the show too. Thanks for sharing those Miles.

John

John in CR said:
I can think of a number of words for someone selling freewheels that go for $80/ea, and "nice" doesn't come to mind however personable the guy is. Call me cheap, but I always find myself at odds with "whatever the market will bear" pricing strategies, because it's bad for the customer and in the long run I believe it's a bad business decision.
Oh, come on, John. You have no idea of the production costs, so you can't say anything about "pricing strategies". The price seems quite reasonable for the quality. Let's compare apples with apples, not with turds :) : http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/search.php?category_id=16

Thank Marko for all the pics... :D

Miles,
It's reasonable to you because you're a cyclist, and there's an endless list of bike products that cyclists find acceptable that are outrageously priced to others. They're bicycles for goodness sake, and cars can be purchased for the price of a high end bike. I suppose that has something to do with bicycle production costs. Expensive freewheels are just a subset of the same category.

Marko, Thanks for taking the time and trouble to bring those photos up here for us.

My initial impressions are:--
1) The Blacktrail is already looking outdated !
2) It looks like the end of the traditional "bottom bracket" configuration as we have known it. :lol:

Back