Feedback on plan for first e-bike - Giant Roam with BBS__?

It might be worth checking Craigslist in your area to see if anybody is selling an ebike. You can often find them cheaper than the parts you need to convert your existing bike. One with some kind of problem tend to be especially cheap. I picked up two A2B Metro bikes for $200 a couple of years ago.

MadRhino said:
..... a good wheel becomes a must.

Then a good cup of coffee, (or beverage of choice) a comfortable low slung chair and a very good spoke wrench all becomes part of the normal maintenance program. What ever normal is for your specific bike.

:D

fechter said:
It might be worth checking Craigslist in your area to see if anybody is selling an ebike. You can often find them cheaper than the parts you need to convert your existing bike. One with some kind of problem tend to be especially cheap. I picked up two A2B Metro bikes for $200 a couple of years ago.

I almost bought a pre-built e-bike that way. It probably would have been cheaper than building one myself. The guy bought it for transportation after a DUI conviction. He didn't like riding it at all, but it gave him a decent way to get around until his license got re-instated. He couldn't sell it fast enough once he had a driver's license again. ;^)

Hi,
Not sure where you are with this build but thought I'd chime in :)

I have the same bike you were considering converting, with a BBS 36 volt 250 watt.
I reckon it's a great bike for this conversion. I got the 16ah Hailong /Panasonic battery.

Back