• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

nice one..i didn't actually realise people had issue..or i would have done the same video...
nice work on the GT2b enclosure.. you must know a good designer..and suga...lol
can i put the video on my site mate?

you made the controller out of sugru :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

two 63mm motors... that thing looks fast :lol: :lol: :lol:

good job

thanks ! just posted a new tutorial on the enclosure and where I got it, as many people ask me how I had such result.

I also did an ultra quick logo for my blog. Damn, I just watched a DMC-GH4 Panasonic camera review... 4K downsized to 1080 is just freaking dope !

enjoy !

http://fun.gamani.org/tutorial-how-to-build-your-own-enclosure-to-host-your-electronics/

Good Evening

It is a few weeks now that I have read various posts on this forum, and now I feel I would like to say something. I am not upset, but I am disappointed in the way some people chose to do 'Business'

Well, i want to talk about Alien Power Systems (APS) and Alien Drive Systems (ADS). We are UK registered companies that pay tax, insurance, and other business related costs.

Richard (owner and director of ADS) is a mechanical engineer. He created the E-board ADS transmission kit. He has built many boards which require testing. Testing is carried out constantly with the kit, ADS and APS, single and dual to give our customers the best advise and options based on their requirements in terms of power, running time, hill climbing ability etc.

I'm Bruno and I am the owner and creator of APS (trade mark of Alien electronics LTD). With a background of electronic and business we do R&D and offer quality products to our customers after testing and after the items have passed CE regulations, due to the insurance and liability terms that they need to have to be covered. Good products are not cheap, cheap products are not good. Companies need to be insured and offer products that in case of injuries are totally bulletproof.

This is an extremely good forum full of many professional members. This has been created to give people information, suggestions and advise mainly for DIY electric projects. What I dislike about this forum is reading advice given by those who are actually not informed to do so. When I read posts/ 'advise' such as those saying that “APS-flier ESC's” are no good, in order to connect our company to flier electronics I have to laugh (the same people went on to purchase the same products from the manufacturer, sold on to make money and after the first issues occured gave up and stated that the products were no good). Is this the way to do business and promote your company, spending all your time on the forum critisising others and then finishing your post by advertising your own products for a chance to get a sale? Promoting your company should involve advertising, giving products to professional racers to show the quality of your products, paying for advertisements in newspapers and online, positive use of social media, but not talking disparagingly about competitors in order to to make money. This is sad gents.

We have over 800 products in stock, that are sent to customers by us from our warehouse. Before all products are sent out we test. They are not sent from elsewhere by Mr. X in exchange of a compensation. The profit we made last year we reinvested back in APS and ADS in order to invest in new products and developments for electronic items, CNC parts, engineering and designer costs. Like the APS remote control, that cost us lot's of money and time. The delay is justified by the fact that it is an electronic device that needs to be approved to be on the market. This is not a game to us, we sell items that need to be correctly installed, need to be covered by a warranty and need to be safe. Imagine a board with no control after you fall of in a public place at 30mph. This is not a game gents.

Flier electronics is a Chinese company that supply mainly ESC's, this is one of the many companies we buy custom made products from. Others include Surpass, Onbo power, GPR, FR electronics, Evtech, Indpower etc. We use various companies to ensure our requirements are exactly met. Of course we do not build the goods ourselves in the same way a car company does not make all the parts themselves. Have you ever heard about Bosh (electronic parts, ECU, calipers etc.), Magneti, Marelli (electronics), Valeo (lighting and parts), Hella (headlamp), Ate (brake system), Bose(sound system), etc etc etc. All companies supplying car manufacturer.

We are not reguarly on the forum because we spend our time developing and testing many kinds of products. The volume of the business has far increased our expectations (orders in the last 12 months including; RC, E-bike, E-board, Electric paraglinding, Human boat E-powered, Human multicopter E-powered etc. We do not need to be on the forum in order for our business to succeed; customer service is what makes us successful

Many customers come to us after spending lots of money on big brands and experiencing nothing but issues. They then go on to use APS products and are completely satisfied. Sometimes people are not satisfied but that is the nature of business. Any system can be good or fail, there are many aspects to consider and work on. Customers will buy where they are confident in doing so...

Thanks for reading this far and to those who have used APS and ADS.

Hi bruno! Its great that you are talking again to your customers on this great forum...

Thats a nice story bruno... but a story about the inner workings of your business and the trial and tribulations of selling electronic products to people is not really contributing to this discussion... if anything it reads more like a promo for APS & ADS.

What started this all was Richard boasting that you are making something better then the VESC!

So if you want to contribute and be transparent about your business practises please simply confirm that APS will be making an ESC using benjamin vedders open source desing. If you are thats great...

If you are not. Please explain what richard means when he says you are making something better than vesc.

Please describe what features make it better.

While you say all you say, you contradict yourself because your ESC's do fail - my customers have bought from you and myself and they did fail again and I did give up on them because they weren't fixing issues and I wasn't going to sell crap. I let people know this to prevent people wasting money on junk. They don't have to buy my own but if they do - I won't give them junk and will fully replace and/or refund that said "junk" if it does exist.

Point blank... I would probably not be around if your products were of higher quality.

Funny you mention giving your products to professional racers because if I'm not mistaken your ESC's have never lasted and/or pulled the appropriate amperage they were rated for -- so much for your testing.

I'm not bashing you on purpose. Granted.. I'm sure your other products are great.

You guys are also welcome that I introduced everyone to VESC. My gift to you all and the DIY community. No hard feelings.

P.S. Sorry if I created conflict. This post was not intended to create any conflict on anyone personally. I'm only trying remain transparent and state things how they are.

onloop said:
Hi bruno! Its great that you are talking again to your customers on this great forum...

Thats a nice story bruno... but a story about the inner workings of your business and the trial and tribulations of selling electronic products to people is not really contributing to this discussion... if anything it reads more like a promo for APS & ADS.

What started this all was Richard boasting that you are making something better then the VESC!

So if you want to contribute and be transparent about your business practises please simply confirm that APS will be making an ESC using benjamin vedders open source desing. If you are thats great...

If you are not. Please explain what richard means when he says you are making something better than vesc.

Please describe what features make it better.

Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately i have no time to be here. If my customers need they emal me directly. I don't think post for explain our way to do business after months is a way to advertising. Anyway i do not need to tell what we are going to do. People will see once products are released as always. There is also probably been a miss understanding. Richard was talking about making a refined product compared with the present one. I will never say I'm doing something better than others . VESC will be a very good product i guess.

torqueboards said:
While you say all you say, you contradict yourself because your ESC's do fail - my customers have bought from you and myself and they did fail again and I did give up on them because they weren't fixing issues and I wasn't going to sell crap. I let people know this to prevent people wasting money on junk. They don't have to buy my own but if they do - I won't give them junk and will fully replace and/or refund that said "junk" if it does exist.

Point blank... I would probably not be around if your products were of higher quality.

Funny you mention giving your products to professional racers because if I'm not mistaken your ESC's have never lasted and/or pulled the appropriate amperage they were rated for -- so much for your testing.

I'm not bashing you on purpose. Granted.. I'm sure your other products are great.

You guys are also welcome that I introduced everyone to VESC. My gift to you all and the DIY community. No hard feelings.

P.S. Sorry if I created conflict. This post was not intended to create any conflict on anyone personally. I'm only trying remain transparent and state things how they are.

If you are talking about a single test been made after 1 year from a member of the forum, you need to read patient all the post ans see the test conditions, the "old" item been tested and the wrong set up been used. Better also you google around and chek. For example RC uk boat championship, electric kart, bike etc.

Anyway here are no conflicts. It just that honestly i can't see where is the right way of using this forum. We have to helping each other to solve-fixing problems of the customers if there are, but what i see is critisising others works.

so basically richard was just talking sh*t about how Aliens non-existent, secret, future stuff is better than the VESC which he has personally never used/tested or even glanced with his own eyes...

he said this:... which beetbocks will write a post just below this denying he ever said it!
beetbocks said:
well- guess where these supposivley open source ESC's are being manufactured.?? yes..Bruno's company... ..
so as you can imagine -ours will be better....

.. that seems like a fair & totally unbiased thing to write on one of his customers threads... NOT!

I personally think the comment was insulting, not only to vedder who has worked EXTREMELY hard to build the vesc, but to every other person who has given free time to make the VESC a reality.

The VESC is only possible because of a community effort, people have handed over their hard earned cash for this item, they have trusted Jacob & I to deliver them something... so stop rubbishing it. its not fair. LETS TEST & REPORT THE RESULTS!

I think it is better if we all just speak facts, be transparent, talk purely about test data of real world products.... because as soon as we start telling people what is good / bad / without being able to back up the reasoning we all start to lose credibility....

honestly we all work too hard, for not enough reward, to be denigrated by others on ES..

If i have said anything that has been offensive to anyone please let me know.

My comment is quite clear. There is nothing that insult anyone. If there is something wrong you let me know. I don't stay here for mix the same soup. If you want to have the last word you are the winner. The reason of that post is well explained. Nothing against noone. You want to do business? Do it in a honest way. Alien new development do not need to be advertised. When they will be released people know where find them. Have a good day

Ok- so i don't actually want to write this reply- as you rightly point out..were crashing the thread and a tit for tat argument never puts either party in a good light..but....
jason there is no need to use that language and you clearly have misqouted me- i did not say
Aliens "non-existent, secret, future stuff" is better than the VESC which he has personally never used/tested or even glanced with his own eyes...
i actually said
we are looking at having some new ESC made...they will be far superior than previous... watch this space.
which implies we will be improving on 'our' previous models...
We are competitors in the same business and we will never see eye to eye that is clear but i think we need to concentrate on bringing the best product to market for our customers not arguing over who is the best...

I am now going to enjoy riding my board with my son.. I wish you all a happy Easter..

Now back to our regularly scheduled program........

okp!!! Awesome board man! The video and your previous build experience and detail have been super helpful. What are the specs of your new ride?

thanks man ! happy easter! dual 63mm - 10S 8AH.

Hopefully I will film a riding video of this... this weekend, I was waiting for a balancing cable (11pin) to connect between the balancing board (2x5S) and the charger (icharger 3010B)... damned french post office... it will maybe delivered next week..

I had bruno who recommended me to make from the two balancing cable of the 5S (2x 6pin) a single 10S but that require to dremel one of the connector and also connect two wires together (which I need to be ultra sure)... I am not an electricity friendly guy so ... if I have no choice I am going to do it... just don't want to burn the lipo !

Mate..I have confidence that you can do the 10s mod. ..I'm the same with the electronics. But I've done it a couple of times now...ill give you a step by step on how to do it..it's quite easy..honest. .
You got a 10s charger ,I assume?

yes, ICHARGER 3010B

so, this is what I have - I had an email from Bruno earlier this week he quickly briefed me but he's a (really) busy guy so thanks for your help :)

1428071032-img-2363-copie.jpg

- on LEFT connector, unwire the red (which is number 6) from the wire slot
- on LEFT connector, dremel (or maybe with exacto knife) the opened connector which is now useless
- On RIGHT connector, unwire the black (which is number 1) from the wire slot
- Mix these two wires and plug it back in the RIGHT open wire slot (which is number 1) .. do you solder them ?
- turn the connectors and sand a bit the middle alignment curb on each connector
- hot glue the two connectors

result is as the photo ... new 10S connector will have his last right pin (which was the number 6 on the RIGHT connector).. facing the 11 pin from the connector that goes to the charger

so it will be like : (L1,L2,L3,L4,L5) (L6,R1) (R2,R3,R4,R5,R6)
Right ?!

Yes I think that's right. ..I'm out at the minute so cannot check..
Easy way to check..
Get volt meter and touch no1 wuth black probe.then touch no2 with red probe..should measure around 4v. .move red probe to no3. .should measures around 8v..move along each wire and the volt should go up by 4v each time until wire no 11. .which should measure around 40v.. that make sense?

Wow, this is like Silverfish. :mrgreen:

Okp, please post more videos of you riding around Paris. I haven't been there so this is the next best thing. I love your blog!

If you need a voltmeter or a soldering station, you can have mine for your "bricolage".
:)

yes, but I will have to touch a black and a red together

any black wire touching together with another black will cause an issue, but by connecting a red with a black there's no problem right, this is anyway mandatory to make the 10S if I am correct; in fact the red is used as a link between first 5S and second 5S connector.

Okp, please post more videos of you riding around Paris. I haven't been there so this is the next best thing. I love your blog!

I agree!!

I try to film the city also, just avoiding to have a 100% selfie of me riding !

haha, There needs to be a balance between filming the board, filming the city, and filming the people...because sometimes they are the best part of the ride!

true ! you never know what will happen when you will go riding !

have you seen the video with the dog that I met on the streets? watch in 60fps, this is more smooth.

http://fun.gamani.org/another-funny-electronic-longboarding-ride-paris/

[youtube]C4Qj3GIupGM[/youtube]

Back