Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

looks like you've got a nice E-ride buddy!! lol... only thing is you tend to push yourself that little bit further when you've got competition..lol..
enjoy the ride mate!!!

back from vacations, back on my eboard. We had a great session yesterday in Paris. Some areas where crowdy due to the sunny day, but we managed to get some nice rides to push the throttle in some areas. Filmed everything in 2K that I will downsize to 1080p (will help for sequences filmed in the dark). I also had the opportunity to test quickly Aloys Dual 7S setup. It's great but it is clearly not comparable. My 12S existing setup is just what I was looking for. Street climbing capabilities are just mad and beyond expectations.

I will have a ride with bandaro's TX enclosure today.

I am also really happy about the 2x6S 5AH cheap batteries, performs flawlessly. I put the motor timing to 15, and the sound is quieter than on 20. My deck is actually more quiet than the dual diagonal 7S setup at low speed with is appreciated !

Regarding miles coverage, 12S bring it to a new level. I did 13 miles (pushing the throttle!) as it is already a rocket and consumed barely 3000 mAh. On my old 7S... it was necessary because I found slow acceleration to be boring... but on 12S... not sure it is "needed" as it's already a rocket.

I also charged the lipo to 4.10V to save battery life even if honestly I don't care for such cheap lipos !

I was recommended to have 70% break rear and 40% break front and set throttle curve to exponential. Will give it a try !

I am also wondering if it worth to put acceleration to medium (running soft as of now)... any of you have tried it ?

evening session :)

702139dance.jpg

the acceleration in MEDIUM will compensate the slow response from the throttle using the exponential curve.
That way you will have a less sensitive trigger at the beginning of the throttle course, but still get a good acceleration in the middle and an evil one if you dare to go fast ;)
This is my experience on my system which is the same as yours but on 10S :)

Try also the no symmetric brake, sure you will love it :)

Hey... not sure I will try it as I am now .... running two VESC from Onloop BETA. I removed my APS ESC 150A (which had no problem at all), kept the APS UBEC (even if it's not needed with VESC), PowerSwitch and installed both VESC using CAN bus communication. On the following picture, 6S battery goes directly through Y of VESC for testing purposes.

1432666315-img-2740.jpg

I will shorten the motor wires as now I can put them more "nicely" without doing a "S" around my battery box.

Before going/riding outside on 12S:
- I need the specs from onloop on the capacitors used on the BETA VESC
- I need confirmation from Benjamin that the capacitors are adequate
- I need confirmation according to silviasol latest msg that the components used on the VESC are not counterfeit.
- (Maybe) I will add two 40A Car Fuse in series after my wattmeter (just before going on the Y of the two VESCs)

[youtube]Vg8-nZlSeDY[/youtube]

Enjoy!

okp said:
Hey... not sure I will try it as I am now .... running two VESC from Onloop BETA. I removed my APS ESC 150A (which had no problem at all), kept the APS UBEC (even if it's not needed with VESC), PowerSwitch and installed both VESC using CAN bus communication. On the following picture, 6S battery goes directly through Y of VESC for testing purposes.

1432666315-img-2740.jpg

I will shorten the motor wires as now I can put them more "nicely" without doing a "S" around my battery box.

Before going/riding outside on 12S:
- I need the specs from onloop on the capacitors used on the BETA VESC
- I need confirmation from Benjamin that the capacitors are adequate
- I need confirmation according to silviasol latest msg that the components used on the VESC are not counterfeit.
- (Maybe) I will add two 40A Car Fuse in series after my wattmeter (just before going on the Y of the two VESCs)

[youtube]Vg8-nZlSeDY[/youtube]

I'll follow this, still waiting for mines :) at least it is working with no load, that'sa good start! The motors sound so futuristic with this haha
Enjoy!

Seems very sharp! :)
I can see also the motors are really in sync which is great.
With the dual esc from alien I noticed some differences between motors :)

Hey there,

After one week spent in the south of france with my family, I am back and spent few of my spare time on building my v0 board with two VESCs running on 12S. I also received the STLINKv2 device. Will look into that soon :)

I removed my APS BEC which is not needed (my former APS ESC HV was not able to provide 5V output to my RX). I have more to come (v1 and v2 soon) and will be working with a sleek deck layout with some reinforcements/surprises but here's my actual status as before moving to v1/v2... I wanted to be able to... RIDE.

Only thing I need to modify is remove the reverse on the VESCs.

I used hot glue to secure the CAN bus wires as these were breaking due to the angle to connect both CAN buses together. All wires/connectors (even bullet connectors) have been double secured with shrink tube and additional isolating tape to avoid any hypothetical shortcut.

I added as highly recommended by Benjamin a fuse closer to my batteries. This should be a best practice spread everywhere; even though I don't know how many amps I am actually consuming !! I will be connecting my 150A Eagletree to provide in ride monitoring and will go on some hills to get my actual max amp consumption. I went for a 80A fuse for easier soldering.

Here are some pictures

1433191578-img-2769.jpg

1433191578-img-2767.jpg

1433191578-img-2766.jpg

1433191578-img-2768.jpg

Enjoy. Will do a test ride ASAP :>

Doing a top speed with such board is quite hard and frightening.
I have the same setup as OKP but running on 10S right now, my fastest speed until now is 47km/h on flat land, but I could go way faster, it was just too scary :p

yes, this was also my opinion. In fact, you always have the need for speed but hardly use it fully. 12S is just dope about torque/miles coverage ratio.

I don't feel the need to go faster than 50km/h, or even if I approach 50km/h; I was not going for that; may one one session I push the throttle harder to avoid something on the road, or just get a short adrenalin but I enjoy going around 0 to 4à or 45km/h. Going above is risky, because we had many things on the board that can fail for whatever reason.

Going more than 50km/h on a downhill deck with no electronics is no problem at all; I will feel more secure because you have : deck/trucks/bearing/wheels/bushings.... and guts!

I also think about 45km/h is enough... its very fast on the street.

But it is also relative to your surroundings... if you are on a big open flat street, without obstacles.... maybe like a airplane landing strip or racing track you could go faster without a problem. Because you know there will be no traffic. No need to suddenly stop.

Unlike on the street, small children, dogs, cars anything can come in front and you cannot easily stop.

Also for example on tight winding bike track going through parks etc... it is hard to go top speed, maybe 35km is your top speed. It will feel like you are going much faster.

Because it is so hard to slow down quickly your speed is determined by the likley hood of an obstacle appearing from out of no where.

Always ride at a safe speed..... unless there are people riding on a bike... then you should rapidly accelerate past them laughing loudly....

i completely agree..there is just more power than you need even on a 10S dual Hyper Ev setup..so i can only imagine the power of 12S
When i first built the Hyper EV ( in what seems a long time ago now..) I chased my friend in a his car (and overtook him i might add) so my mind was more on the chase than the safety aspect and after the run my GPS indicated i had done 42mph..or 67Kph..and i will never do that again..
Infact it was the slowing down that was more scary..crazy wobble on.. :shock:
So whilst we may have arguably the fastest electric skateboards on the planet..in reality i never exceed 25mph most times i ride, be it with a single or a dual drive .
As Jason points out its all about a safe speed for the surroundings.. and I'm sure several members will agree..when you've fallen at speed ..it soon slows you down..especially as Cedric says..there so many things that could malfunction..and its always in the back of your mind..
Great looking build Cedric and i look forward to the latest developments..and i'll see you in Paris In August maybe even for a ride..??.. :D

Tartopom said:
Doing a top speed with such board is quite hard and frightening.
I have the same setup as OKP but running on 10S right now, my fastest speed until now is 47km/h on flat land, but I could go way faster, it was just too scary :p

That's about 29mph. I topped out my dual drive 6S at 31mph (verified with a GPS biking app on my phone) with a pair of propdrive 270kv motors.

I can 100% verify with absolute scientific certainty from that experience that it is in fact scary as shit.

I can't wait to do it again. I just got both my motors back on as I've been cruising around more casually on just one since i lost a grub screw, belt, mount screw, and a case screw all at once a few weeks back and had to track them all down and order replacements. I ordered way more replacements than I'll ever need because screws are cheap.

So far i've broken my arm multiple times, though only once officially. The official time i hobbled my 18 pound rig over a mile back to my house on adrenaline alone and immediately fell into a vasovegal response upon reaching my couch. IF you've never had one of those, it looks a lot like a seizure and will scare the crap out of your freinds and family. I was told that can happen at the end of an adrenaline crash following an intensely painful injury. I've also twisted my leg a couple of times (still limping) and by the way it feels its probably got a hairline fracture just like my arm did. I seldom get any sort of road rash because I religiously wear helmet, pads, and gloves. But you will still break limbs by landing wrong and tumbling awkwardly.

Also, I'm 38, and this is my mid life crisis. It was either this or an antique camaro and a 20 year old dimwit blonde. I figured my significant other would rather i hurt myself regularly on a rocket stick while denying my age instead.

The only drawback is that there really aren't a lot of people in my area cruising around on these kinds of things, so its lonely.

onloop said:
I also think about 45km/h is enough... its very fast on the street.

But it is also relative to your surroundings... if you are on a big open flat street, without obstacles.... maybe like a airplane landing strip or racing track you could go faster without a problem. Because you know there will be no traffic. No need to suddenly stop.

Unlike on the street, small children, dogs, cars anything can come in front and you cannot easily stop.

Also for example on tight winding bike track going through parks etc... it is hard to go top speed, maybe 35km is your top speed. It will feel like you are going much faster.

Because it is so hard to slow down quickly your speed is determined by the likley hood of an obstacle appearing from out of no where.

Always ride at a safe speed..... unless there are people riding on a bike... then you should rapidly accelerate past them laughing loudly....

The bike trails i frequent rarely allow me to exceed 18mph on average because of the winding and the people. A typical cruise is more along the lines of 15mph. Also, its a gorgeous area and the scenery just makes you want to chill and cruise. It has some decent flat straightaways though, and when I get a chance to let it loose I often do. Especially if i have the opportunity to pass some guy on his $3000 tour de france bike while laughing wildly and letting those motors wind and scream up like the speeders in star wars.

crazy experience - great moments ! you guys are pushing it really hard - requires serious commitment ! Respect for that.

I am happy with the Flywheels in 83mm... Maybe I will look to "upgrade" to Seismic SpeedVents. I cruise in Paris and the streets/roads are adequate quality.

my next plan is to dig into my board and reinforce with Kevlar fibre. Will go the dremel way and post some photos of the build soon.

okp said:
crazy ! you guys are pushing it hard. I am happy with the Flywheels in 83mm... Maybe I will look to "upgrade" to Seismic SpeedVents. I cruise in Paris and the streets/roads are adequate quality.

my next plan is to dig into my board and reinforce with Kevlar fibre. Will go the dremel way and post some photos of the build soon.

Kevlar Fibre! Then you could tell people your ride is bullet proof!

I use 83mm 80a flywheels and I'm happy with them. I've thought about dropping down to 75mm 75a These Whites if i can rig up a proper ratio of pulleys on those wheels since they aren't exactly amenable to pulleys and would require drilling or other such nonsense. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those wheels on my push board tho. I'm also interested in trying some speedvents or kegals. But for now, Flywheels or flywheel clones are my thing because of simplicity.

Your rig is insane, and your experience with Alien gear is a good read. Thanks for posting.

thanks - I will get my board battery pack made of lipos in series under 3 cm of height :D I think my existing cover is a bit bulk, I mean... it's great but this is really big and way from being stealthy.

the problem with all the separate 4s or 3s packs in series is the ability to charge easily..that's what we need to improve and what the 'off the shelf' boards provide..ease of use..

what we need is a flexible BMS that can handle a small number of off-the-shelf lipo battery configurations and allow balanced charging via a single port, while still allowing the higher discharge rates that make some of us want to stick with LiPo to begin with.

I found this on the forums a while back and it got me excited:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30021

Somebody please continue this work. I would buy this if somebody had them put together or at the very least posted the BOM and a way to order the pcbs.

Back