Folding handlebars

Today I was driving down a busy street in the crane, having just finished a job across town and headed towards the crane's yard. I noticed a big local grocery store had part of their lot fenced off and was full of HVAC equipment, they were obviously getting ready for a major project. How much would go on the roof and need a crane to put it there was not obvious to me, but none the less I pulled over at the first place I could park, and got the bike out so i could go onsite and drop off a business card. The funny thing was I only a bit over a block away, but I have the "getting the bike out, and readying it to ride" down so slick it made sense to make a fun ride out of it rather then a boring walk.

Back at the crane, a guy was walking down the sidewalk my direction, he was about 100' away (I have a good eye for distance, part of my job) when I came to a full stop. By the time he was along side the crane the bike was stowed and secured and I was driving off, that fast and easy.

Earlier the same day I had an hour to kill between jobs and BAM, the bike came out and I rode a couple miles to a joint I like to eat lunch at, running a few errands along the way. The contrast between the crane and the e-bike in city driving/riding is a constant source of joy and really spices up the day. Having a CDL to protect (and my last name in one foot high letters on the boom) I don't run red lights, come to a full stop at stop signs, and am a very boring driver. On the bike, not so much, I can cut loose for a bit, ha ha. I post on a crane site about the concept, but so far they ain't getting it, they are stuck at their machine while I'm free! Another reason to have an ebike I guess.

Nice find. Kind of make me wanna do an ultra light and compact build. Glad those folding bars are working out.

Back