Free Agent 2 stage rc mid drive

That's quite the enclosure! I also like the SK3 RC motor, I was looking for a replacement for the orange-can turnigy series. I hope this one turns out to hold up under the pressure! I like their shape better than the rotomax, and they're cheaper.

I'll watch to see how this turns out!

I know. I'm about to move house so its all on hold for a bit. Basically I'm doing otherprojects on tthe arduino + android side of it, learning how to send data via Bluetooth to an app. The BMX is in the lounge room as a reminder to work on it. Maby I should take it to the next hacker space and make some progress. For it to run nice I need to make a chain guide that I was umming about. But it wouldn't be too hard.

been working on it. power wires upgrade and fuse. tested the hall effect current sensor (shorted a aaa battery through it to give 300ma) i should be able to get some reasonable power based throttle and limiting. also after my recent robot arm project, im more comfortable transfering data to and from the arduino, so ill definately make an android app and set that up. I should get a refresh rate of 10hz and about 5 variables with 3 significant figures. theoretically more but I havent tested getting close to the boud rate , only 1.2k out of 9.6kb/s.

I either need to weld of do a key way on the jack shaft to the chain sprocket . i was considering jb weld. i could lay a bead of weld on the jack shaft and use that as a key in the sprokets key way
FABMX2.jpg
FABMX1.jpg

aCeMadMod said:
hi i seen you work this for some time. great job. for the best test rider can you get your mate Crashtestdummy to break it in, :shock:

all the best
Lol.. not sure about that. Yeah i kept puting it off in favour of other projects. Been working on things for my resume , and moving house, also the robotics course. Cant get an electrucal apprenticeship so im now looking at going to uni for mechatronics. Allot happening.

pendragon8000 said:
Gwhy, how do i put a NTC in my motor?

cheers :p

I assume you mean a temperature sensor, you will need to fit in a slot some how and bring the wires out where the phase wire exit, a none enclosed thermal couple would be a good option as this would be able to handle high temps and is very thin and small.

gwhy! said:
pendragon8000 said:
Gwhy, how do i put a NTC in my motor?

cheers :p

I assume you mean a temperature sensor, you will need to fit in a slot some how and bring the wires out where the phase wire exit, a none enclosed thermal couple would be a good option as this would be able to handle high temps and is very thin and small.
Ok thanks . I dont think thre is much room in there.

Back