From BBS01 to a Qulbix Raptor 140

Sorry offroader im to dumb to look at my own threads......

No i didnt weighed the bike.
Im too scared of the numbers. 8)

Unfortunately i ordered a QS V3 with a 18inch moped rim, so it will weigh in even more.
I carry the bike every day a stairway of 10 steps 2 times up and down.
When the QS is in the bike, i will relace my mxus with a 17 inch rim and mill it down like madin88 did.
Maybe i get myself a NYX and build a really light bike, but thats not for sure right now.

I use this bike for commuting, so my intention was to reduce the cell stress to a minimum.
To do this you need many cells.
At 100A one cell gets drained by max. 5.3A.
Mainly i go from 10 to 60A.....i guess 90% of the time.
Also the voltage drop is not an issue for me.

I can charge and drain between 3.4 and 4v and still got a decent range.
Or i can fully charge the bike when i want to go really far.
But mostly i can operate the bike at nearly nominal cell voltage, so i hope the battery will last very long.

I would love to build a new battery out of these new 3500mAh cells, but this is nonsense cause i need to use my battery till its done.

ziltoid81 said:
I use this bike for commuting, so my intention was to reduce the cell stress to a minimum.

You never learn to end.. Oh boy, I didn´t even thought about that :O "More Cells = Less stress for the single battery".. This is absolutly correct.. I think I will go with more then just 180 cells on my 1.6kWh Battery.. Means more kWh but less stres.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

ziltoid81 said:

Unfortunately i ordered a QS V3 with a 18inch moped rim, so it will weigh in even more.
When the QS is in the bike, i will relace my mxus with a 17 inch rim and mill it down like madin88 did.
Maybe i get myself a NYX and build a really light bike, but thats not for sure right now.

But mostly i can operate the bike at nearly nominal cell voltage, so i hope the battery will last very long.

I would love to build a new battery out of these new 3500mAh cells, but this is nonsense cause i need to use my battery till its done.

Hi,
where do you buy the QS V3 motor, also looking for a new Motor with 50mm magnet. I`m also in Germany.

ecross said:
ziltoid81 said:

Hi,
where do you buy the QS V3 motor, also looking for a new Motor with 50mm magnet. I`m also in Germany.

Yey, some other Germans here :D. Have no idea what motor is mine, but I have got the one Vector is selling right now which I can just recommend. Want to chat in German via WhatsApp?

-Cheers, Elias

2029192-d85ichjf7zbi-2016_07_03_20_44_14-large.jpg

2029194-mczye7acg5km-2016_07_03_20_39_08-large.jpg

I dont know if its an error, with my max e i did only 7000km and then switched to the midi e.
So about 17000km combined, with several hubmotors. :lol:

Merlin dein Qulbix war was für die Vitrine, sowas darf man nicht verkaufen.
Ich fahre immer nur den Raptor, ausser ich habe was zu transportieren.
Ich will möglichst viel km auf den Akku hauen um das Investmentgrab wenigstens irgendwie zu rechtfertigen.

ziltoid81 said:
RIP

Did 25000km with my Raptor, but the constant fear of being caught was bothering me too much.
Got myself a LMX.

Hi,

I'm considering an LMX or Qulbix (or a cheap RISUN frame with an X1 PRO) for long distance high speed commuting over roads and canal paths.

25000 KM with your Raptor was impressive! Could you write something about the day to day practicalities of using the Qulbix for commuting and how you are finding the LMX for commuting, if you have the time?

I see myself as a cyclist first, so the LMX torque sensing is extremely attractive but the price and lack of battery space are a negative.

First post! Have read this forum for many years and finally have a reason to post. :es:

First off its a 161h.....i guess you talk about the lighter one.

The LMX is a total different world.

For commuting my Raptor build was way better, but only for that.
It was silent, maintenance free, it had a lot of range due to the big battery, just sit on it and eat kilometers.
You only need a new rear tire from time to time.

Offroad with 18kg in the rear......nope not made for that.

Now the LMX, first off:

I WOULD NOT RECOMMENT TO BUY A LMX.

Is it more fun, yes.
The offroad performance is superior.
Its way lighter than the raptor, it goes like a beast due to middrive.
Way more agressive.

But its way to expensive for what you get.
Compared to a surron its way to expensive.
Many details on the LMX are DIY and not OEM.
Screws will fail, rivnuts pressed in the framing came lose, poor support from LMX, the rear fender will break sooner or later.
Merlins one broke several times, and even mine (i dont go hard offroad like him) did break.
Many more poorly designed details, i wouldnt buy it again.
There are screwheads in the chainline, and the chain will eat them. Try then to loosen the screws.......it just sucks to own a LMX sometimes.
Threads cutted in 2mm aluminium.......the thread MUST fail over time and does so.
There are many screws on the bike that you loosen and tighten a few times and the thread fails.

Its light and its great to ride, but you constantly have the feeling that someone ripped you off, cause many details simply look DIY and not properly designed.

I had to change many things, imagine you buy a car and you have to do this........

I got a demobike for 5k, i would not pay that again.
In the store its what? 7k? No way, get a surron.

ziltoid81 said:

Yes, I thought I made that clear when I talked about torque sensing and cycling :)

ziltoid81 said:
It was silent, maintenance free, it had a lot of range due to the big battery, just sit on it and eat kilometers.

This sounds very attractive. If I could get some kind of torque sensing comparable to the LMX to go with that package it would be ideal. The forum thinks that pedaling a high speed ebike is unrealistic, but LMX seem to have solved that.

The option to pedal hard, with electric torque assist for an hour at maybe **40km/h (approx LMX speed), then to pedal easy at 55km/h for 30 mins, seems ideal.

** edit - I say 40km/h because it has been said on the forum that pedaling above approx 50 km/h can be unstable.

ziltoid81 said:
Very interesting. I haven't heard anything like this on the LMX thread for the model I'm interested in, the lighter enduro MTB with torque assist pedaling.

Thanks for replying, your qulbix was a monster and commuting 25000k on it is inspiring.

ziltoid81 said:

The LMX is a total different world.

Offroad with 18kg in the rear......nope not made for that.

Now the LMX, first off:

Is it more fun, yes.
The offroad performance is superior.
Its way lighter than the raptor, it goes like a beast due to middrive.
Way more agressive.

But its way to expensive for what you get.
Compared to a surron its way to expensive.
Many details on the LMX are DIY and not OEM.
Screws will fail, rivnuts pressed in the framing came lose, poor support from LMX, the rear fender will break sooner or later.
Merlins one broke several times, and even mine (i dont go hard offroad like him) did break.
Many more poorly designed details, i wouldnt buy it again.
There are screwheads in the chainline, and the chain will eat them. Try then to loosen the screws.......it just sucks to own a LMX sometimes.
Threads cutted in 2mm aluminium.......the thread MUST fail over time and does so.
There are many screws on the bike that you loosen and tighten a few times and the thread fails.

Its light and its great to ride, but you constantly have the feeling that someone ripped you off, cause many details simply look DIY and not properly designed.

I had to change many things, imagine you buy a car and you have to do this........

I got a demobike for 5k, i would not pay that again.
In the store its what? 7k? No way, get a surron.

After seeing how they handled that guy with the 61 who had his frame crack in multiple places (and the absolutely garbage welds it had shipped with to begin with) I wiped LMX from my to buy list. If that's how they do business I want no part of supporting them. (Yeah, the welds on the 64 are much much better, but it's a matter of principle. If I ever buy one it will be used and at a seriously depreciated value)

Wow....way to convince to to pickup the LMX In person or wait for something similar with build quality to come out.

Back