Fukushima melting down?

There does seem to be a lot of "fake news" surrounding Fukushima.

A more objective summary (I assume) is here:
http://voices.nationalgeographic.org/2017/02/22/after-alarmingly-high-radiation-levels-detected-what-are-the-facts-in-fukushima/

Radiation levels outside the primary containment vessel are below target levels and for most radioisotopes are below the detection threshold.

It's still a mess inside the containment vessel, but as long as it stays there, it's not an immediate threat to safety.

nutspecial said:
Galen; yep that's the guy. I watched everything I found on him it was so interesting. There was a boy in my 5th grade class named galen that was an 'oddball' too, but that's besides the point (I sound like markz). . Well put Beastie, agreed - very interesting stuff. My only contradictory thought is why Galen wasn't wiped from the net, but I guess that goes for a lot of stuff. in those instances either it was impossible and is played off as 'crazy cool', or ?

Beastie what's your take on atomic weapons? I saw some facts that make me question they are even 'real' in the sense we've all been lead to believe.

The science behind nuclear 'bombs' is far different than heating up some water, I think.
Yeah people are bombarded with so many "facts" it's completely eroded their senses, I was just looking on Facebook and came across this one, which is to take a dig at all the fake news.
20245631_1636891869675458_5451057318352295519_n.jpg

yeah I of course believe atomic weapons are very power and dangerous, I have learned a fair bit about them quite quickly playing with Nukemap a little while ago.
With nukemap you can try out all the known different bomb sizes and test them on your preferred city, I like to try it out in Satellite view mode as it makes it feel more real.
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
One of the more interesting things you can do is chose "surface" and "radioactive fallout" options and you can see the huge cloud of radio active material that is expected to kill depending on which way the wind is blowing.

But if you chose "airburst" like how the bombs were dropped on Japan's cities you don't get any fallout because its dispersed over a wide area and disappears quickly. If it was a surface detonation than it would be more like the Bikini Atoll and the radiation levels in Hiroshima and Nagasaki would still be considered unsafe to live in after all these years. The USA obviously deliberately chose not to do surface detonation because it would be unnecessarily evil and they probably also wanted to be able to launch a ground assault with troops on Japan if need be if Japan still didn't want to surrender after being nuked.

Considering the simple tropical island structure of Bikini Atoll with frequent rains etc its interesting to note that its still quite radio active and the contaminants haven't washed away and dispersed by them selves. This is what happens with Surface detonations and why it's the ideal method for terrorists to chose how to nuke as it should inflict maximum fear and pain for a long time.
I think if Galen Winsor had a thought about it he would argue that Bikini Atoll is 10 times safer than his basement or his own radioactive tongue.

One of the great things about Bikini Atoll is that its an unplanned sanctuary, where it's loaded with so much sea life its become a wonder in its self. A rare safe zone for everything non-human to live in real pure freedom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_testing_at_Bikini_Atoll
Theres some great footage of all the sea life at Bikini Atoll on a 60minutes report I saw once, its out there somewhere, one day I want to try and grab it and upload it to youtube.

I'm very skeptical of the reality behind 'ol Einstein's atom splitting bombs. I think I went on to look at that stuff after looking @ Galen's info. Any 'proof' of them is fairly easily called into question.
Nuke hoax. But if not it's regardlessly been powerful (tool?) for the propagandists that Aways seems to get played up, ever since the inception.

nutspecial said:
I'm very skeptical of the reality behind 'ol Einstein's atom splitting bombs. I think I went on to look at that stuff after looking @ Galen's info. Any 'proof' of them is fairly easily called into question.
Nuke hoax. But if not it's regardlessly been powerful (tool?) for the propagandists that Aways seems to get played up, ever since the inception.

Old saying: Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Here is my suggestion. Organize a crowd funding campaign to pay your way to Fukushima. Get a broom, a dust pan and a trash can, and tell the people at Fukushima that you will volunteer to clean up the mess without any radiation protection. When they tell you you are crazy and turn you away, go back at night and jump the fence. They won't follow you because they believe the propaganda about radiation. Take your Geiger counter and find the most radioactive spot, the kind or radiation that the propaganda says will kill a man. Work for an 8 hour shift and at the end of your shift walk out and show everybody just what a hoax radiation is.

:D

whats a good mask for a spent fuel cell fire? thats more my fear than any other nuclear disaster. From what I hear if a nuclear reaction happens from a bomb much of the radioactive material is "used up" but a spent fuel fire puts huge amounts of radioactive material airborne and much more dangerous (unless you happen to be in the more immediate area of a weapon blowing up.)
so far this seems the cheapest
http://approvedgasmasks.com/israeli-civilian-mask.htm

Back