Gen4 Zero FX System "Local line contactor not mapped" Error

steven_first

1 µW
Hello everyone. So this may be an odd one. I am looking for some help with an issue I caused with my 2013 (I think) Zero drive system. So I purchased a complete go kart a few years ago that had Zero FX electronics and batteries with a S motor. I put this on an old Honda Odyssey go kart and enjoyed it for a few years like that with no issues. Fast forward to a week ago, I was transferring the system to a mini-truck conversion project. Everything was good initially but I wanted to limit the power while testing. I used my IXXAT compact II and DVT as per usual to make some changes. This is where I messed up.

Since I don't use DVT very often, I started making changes without building a new DCF file, the first thing it asks you to do. I changed a torque curve and went to return to operational. The contactors would not engage and I got the info window message "Local line contactor not mapped. This may prevent preop until a key recycle." By this time I realized I messed up, but here is where it gets stupid... I don't have a backup. I thought I had a backup, but it was for my 2015 FX bike I owned prior to this 2013(ish) drive system. I have since made a DCF file and all the data looks reasonable to me but when I scan for errors in operational I get the error 0x46B2 IO init from Node 1. I can't help but wonder if something on the CANbus is not reporting but I don't know how to diagnose to that level without guidance.

I am at the limits of my experience at this point and cannot find any similar issues here or anywhere. I have tried the obvious things such as turning it off and on again, looking through the settings for blatantly wrong settings, crying, but none of it helps. When plugging in an off board charger to the system it does not trigger the contactors as it normally would. The system does not have onboard charging. I compared the DCF files from my 2015 bike and this 2013 abomination, but they are way too different to note any useful changes.

I can provide screenshots, DCF files etc but didn't want to dump right up front since it probably would be the wrong info anyway.

j bjork said:
I guess it is not something like you turned off the contactor output or similar?

If I remember correct there are 3 outputs, at least one of them should be for a contactor.
Then you set how many should be used. So if you choose 2, only 1 and 2 will be on.

I can't compare to anything else since this is my only unit but, the contactors are wired and controlled by the Main Bike Board (MBB) and the Gen4 does not use its contactor controls. (I think).

I did notice that the 3 contactor outputs where mapped in the I/O but changing them had no effect.

Back