GoldenMotor Magic Pie.

GoldenMotor said:
it is ribbed to increase it's surface area
and her pleasure :lol:

Dogman, re heat problems the MPs have a built it temperature sensor that shuts down the controller if it gets to hot, protecting it and the motor.

Things DO get lost in translation (I think this kit is a good option to have on the store shelf, I don't have a problem with the name) a comparison for your consideration:

ApplePieSlice.jpg

40082_1_468.jpeg

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
GoldenMotor said:
I'm a fan of Lamborghini.
ah, that *would* explain it.
ur copying the Italian model of quality control.

it kind of explains his personality, too, if the lambo people I've run across are any indication.

GoldenMotor said:
6)Why the big discount?
As a marketer, I like to test the response of the market. However doing it through dealers will be a long time, so we have to do it online. So for that first day, the response and the number of sales will determine how much a dealer would order, it is also a rough guideline for our dealers who haven't dealt with a product so new. If the response is great, then i can finally take the figures to philip, for him to fund me in advertisements, complete-bike-manufacturing, improving every aspect of the product. For example, in that GIANT MP picture, you can see that the front fork has no disc brakes. But 5 days after the picture was taken, our head project engineer, mr.He has changed it to ZOOM front forks that has disc brakes. Also we changed the Disc brake clamp to a better quality one, which takes care of the overall look of the bike. We are also going to take care of every little detail of the bike, whether it is the colour of the new rear rack, the patterns of the tyres, or simply the length of the wires.(As you can see the wires are too long on that photo, the excessive wires are weaving around the rear suspension). So in order to do this, i must convince philip to pump in more funds to this project, and he only looks at figures, not how great the product is, for him, end-result matters most.

7)New rear rack and bike.
Yes the new rear rack, however minor adjustments must be made before we put it on sale, also we have attached 2 stabilizers (You will see what i mean soon) to the rack so that the battery doesn't swing out of place when you take a corner or do a drift. The new bike frame from GIANT, look really good but if you here you would see that it was a modified frame from another bike. Hence we have thought about making this a GM bike. We would first use the korean market to test the response. If it is good, then we would ask our bike frame supplier (who is my project engineer's high school friend) to make a modified version of it.
So there seems to be plans to provide a complete full suspension bike setup. Very good!
I see you are also addressing the common issue of seat post racks that typically swing around when terrain gets rough. Excellent.

I didn't understand why everyone was plugging ebikes.ca on this forum either. I eventually purchased something from them and I have to say that they are a very good company. They package their products perfectly unlike some other vendors. Nothing makes you more angry than getting your motor and finding out that it's got two huge puncture holes on each side of the box and the damn wires on the motor are frayed (cycle9.com).

Will the special one day offer be limited to one per customer or is the sky the limit ?

I like the idea of a large diameter motor need to try one out.

internal controllers.

At least if your motor has its wires freyed its just a replace the power wires and a fuse. Not controller, hall sensors, phase and sensor wires. I had my whole rig compromised once because the damned tank, it fell over on a pebble driveway.

I did a quick search on magic pie in Google and Google images with Do not filter my search results checked in search preferences. No icky images came about which I thought Id get one.

I never thought about anything but pies you eat.

Like apple pie
Cherry pie
Shepherds pie. \
Yada blah.

Try cream pie and you will no doubt see a big difference in your hits.

Dont.^^^

Plenty of skateboards and surf boards in US got the name hotdog. You wouldn’t think twice if they called a new bike this. US culture isn’t the only culture in the world, well you would think it is sometime the way Hollywood spams its virtue all over.

Culture isn’t all ways dictated by media that has made comparisons to anatomy that looks more like a chocolate starfish than a pie.

Maybe we call hotdogs doodles and Weir wolves totally ridiculous. You know India found water on the moon now that’s something.

As long as it doesn’t look like Nanny Mcfee or act like MJ fox it cant be all that bad.

Do you guys think of ass everytime you eat pies do you?

LMAO. You crack me up. Honestly. :D

Considering the motor is only slightly heavier than its previous brother... It makes me wonder if they have a solid stator or is it just two very thin plates held together by the axel. I also think it will have heating problem also. Especially at extended load at 48v. It may be larger and flatter but it doesnt have any real mass. They still havent released any torque numbers. We all are concerned about temps. I want to see them with a temp probe after a "real ride" Im trying to justify buying one later this month but its hard to get pulled in. I support GM but it took so much testing a "cough" rigging to finally get it to run decent at higher voltages for extended periods. I could run it at 48v but it might leave for a lackuster ride in the mid 30mph range. I think the same thing would apply to the new motor. With a supposed 20A controller... I can also see it blowing the controller on a big hill. With regen to... god thats another headache to complicate the motor worse. Notice they havent did any videos of it climbing hills. Or showed any videos of it on 48v. All of them have been on level ground. It wouldn surprise me if its a 6 mosfet controller.

For me it's always been the image of lemon meringue pie.

Looks nice all puffed up like that. It's sort of like magic the way that happens to eggs.
Mostly its just air.

Look closer, it's toasted on the edges and mushy inside.
Its lasting impression is sour and crumbly with lots of fluff on top.

GM guy,

I like your new product. The name is fine. Stupid names work. Look at yahoo.com

To those who have a problem with the name, just rebrand it with $2.00 in remanufacturing/decals.

All this hullabaloo about a name. I for one like the new design, a big thin motor for torque make sense on a 26in rim. I like the cooling vanes as well; cupping the winds as it moves along is a good idea. It may not have the mass, but it certainly has the surface area to create some good thermal heat dissipation, which I think is more important. Hopefully, having the electronics in the motor has allowed you to increase the thickness of the power cables going into the motor. I looking forward at getting one at the price you mentioned.

I think it looks good, time will tell how it performs.
Who cares about the name, is anyone going to ride around, calling out, " i've got a magic pie".
Trev.

lesspedal said:
I think it looks good, time will tell how it performs.
Who cares about the name, is anyone going to ride around, calling out, " i've got a magic pie".
Trev.

I think nobody would ride around calling out Ive got a Magic pie, that's just silly :D. I dont call out about any of the bikes ive ridden. Like amberwolf's bike, I think our bikes call out by themselves some like to whisper.

I notice a lot of individual creations here, they are almost like finger prints, all different. And thats honeslty what makes ES interesting for me.

Les.
What is it that when i get home from driving trains, at 2 or 3am, i log onto ES to see whats happening.
Is it the bikes or the interaction with people all over the world whom have similiar interests, or is it just an addiction ?
Trev.

lesspedal said:
Les.
What is it that when i get home from driving trains, at 2 or 3am, i log onto ES to see whats happening.
Is it the bikes or the interaction with people all over the world whom have similiar interests, or is it just an addiction ?
Trev.

You answered your own question in full.

I thinks its your addiction to the bikes and interaction with people all over the world whom have similiar interests.

I should explain last post with a bit more depth. Like the bikes are different so are the souls.

Once a hundred or so "pies" are in the hands of builders, it will quickly develop a reputation. If 2% have a problem and the rest work as advertised, it will sell just fine. Ebikes.ca has a NiCD triangle pack for $240, so even at the full retail price of $250, the combo would be just a little over $500 for the full bike conversion (shipping/tax, etc...).

I know SLA is cheaper, but even if someone was trying to save money, thats one of the few things I'd use a credit card for. Even the most reputable manufacturers have an occasional lemon, so if this kit stays cheap, and over 90% of buyers are happy they will do just fine. All discussion about the name will slowly fade away....

Anyone old enough to remember how odd it sounded the first time you heard the name "Camaro" or the "Beatles" (note spelling)...they have done fine in spite of an odd name.

or 'Star Wars' which i thought sounded kinda hokey b4 i saw it, as did comic-book guy Stan Lee at the time.
ultimately it's the final product that will make or break the name.
but it's an all or nothing crapshoot & an unnecessary gamble at that if the name becomes memorable for all the wrong reasons.
if the Star Wars series had instead started off with 'Episode One'...

make mine Ping-n-Pie.

You can purchase any amount of it on the first day.

Remember, the point of the first day discount is because it's a brand new product, so please be careful while using it. If you are keen on overvolting it or any other crazy experiments, please do so, but however if you intend to use it as a long term investment transport tool, please use it according to the requirements we have stated out. For us, it's been tested out and it runs just fine, we sent one to an austrailian guy who also tested it and reported to be fine, within the usage limitations. When i tried to overvolt it, climp a very steep hill with a 48V, or do any crazy stuff to it, the motor (just like me) won't take the shit. It will shut itself off. The protection in the motor makes it nearly impossible to break, unless those damn workers in the factory f-ed up. However, this pie is 1-year warrantied, and it will be replaced as long as it breaks within the usage limitations. It should not be the case, since this pie has developed my personality of not taking shit from anyone, you should not be able to take it to extreme limits, because it will just shut itself down. :D

Instead of "oh look my magic pie running on 90Volts, but after a minute it died", why not have a motor that will work for you for a long time?
And also, remember to write to my manager's e-mail about it, anything about it, reviews, flaws or anything but flaming.
his e-mail is yaoyuan@goldenmotor.com. you guys should know him, he was here on this forum may this year. however i can clearly see why he fled. lol

"....unless those damn workers in the factory f-ed up."
Not a nice way to instill pride in their product. ;)

Back