GoldenMotor Magic Pie.

Yea what is it wif asian translation to english, they just get stranger all the time.

We have.
ping
pong
fong
Bang Bang (indo)
Weida (weirdo)
Ritar(d)
Alco (Likes a beer)

English Phrase: “Are you hiding a fugitive?”
Asian Name: Hu Yu Hai Ding?

English Phrase: “Small Horse”
Asian Name: Tai Ni Po Ni

English Phrase: “See me A.S.A.P.”
Asian Name: Kum Hia Nao

English Phrase: “Stupid Man”
Asian Name: Dum Gai

English Phrase: “Small Horse”
Asian Name: Tai Ni Po Ni

English Phrase: “Did you go to the beach?”
Asian Name: Wai Yu So Tan?

English Phrase: “I bumped into a coffee table.”
Asian Name: Ai Bang Mai Ni

English Phrase: “It’s very dark in here.”
Asian Name: Wai So Dim

English Phrase: “This is a tow away zone.”
Asian Name: No Pah King

English Phrase: “You are not very bright.”
Asian Name: Yu So Dum

English Phrase: “I got this for free!”
Asian Name: Ai No Pei

English Phrase: “Please stay a while longer.”
Asian Name: Wai Go Nao?

English Phrase: “They have arrived.”
Asian Name: Hai Dei Kum

English Phrase: “Stay out of sight.”
Asian Name: Lei Lo

English Phrase: “He’s cleaning his automobile.”
Asian Name: Wa Sing Ka

English Phrase: “Your body odor is gosh darn offensive.”
Asian Name: Yu Stin Ki

English Phrase: “Aren’t you on a diet?”
Asian Name: Wai Yu Mun Ching?

English Phrase: You are well enowed.
Asian name: Yu Lon Kok

To be honest I am part chinese and my last name is a bit of a giggle too.

I think they are awesome. Id love a name like Mi lon Kok or mi bang yu. LOL :lol:

317537 said:
Mah Jik Pi?

GoldenMotor said:
You can purchase any amount of it on the first day.

Remember, the point of the first day discount is because it's a brand new product, so please be careful while using it. If you are keen on overvolting it or any other crazy experiments, please do so, but however if you intend to use it as a long term investment transport tool, please use it according to the requirements we have stated out. For us, it's been tested out and it runs just fine, we sent one to an austrailian guy who also tested it and reported to be fine, within the usage limitations. When i tried to overvolt it, climp a very steep hill with a 48V, or do any crazy stuff to it, the motor (just like me) won't take the shit. It will shut itself off. The protection in the motor makes it nearly impossible to break, unless those damn workers in the factory f-ed up. However, this pie is 1-year warrantied, and it will be replaced as long as it breaks within the usage limitations. It should not be the case, since this pie has developed my personality of not taking shit from anyone, you should not be able to take it to extreme limits, because it will just shut itself down. :D

Instead of "oh look my magic pie running on 90Volts, but after a minute it died", why not have a motor that will work for you for a long time?
And also, remember to write to my manager's e-mail about it, anything about it, reviews, flaws or anything but flaming.
his e-mail is yaoyuan@goldenmotor.com. you guys should know him, he was here on this forum may this year. however i can clearly see why he fled. lol

Your information indicated it is designed for 48 volt. ?

For people that don't know how to gather a ebike with controller and a hub then this is a good deal, as long as the controller with the hub is going to be cheap because if one of minor things going to be broken in the hub then buying a new one can't be a pleasure if they are expensive...but ill guess some granddaddy is going to be happy at his sommerhouse. :D

GoldenMotor said:
. . . When i tried to overvolt it, climp a very steep hill with a 48V, or do any crazy stuff to it, the motor (just like me) won't take the shit. It will shut itself off. . .

What is your interpretation of a very steep hill? I've got a daily commute where I climb approx 300 meters over about 5.5 km in a tropical environment. Is that too steep for a Magic Pie?

317537 said:

I think they are awesome. Id love a name like Mi lon Kok or mi bang yu. LOL :lol:

I wish my girlfriend had a heinously long last name like some of the Thai names I've seen, like Techaratanaprasert or Ratanakaitkosol. I would totally take her name when we marry. :twisted: Sadly it's a normal length.

JinbaIttai said:
I wish my girlfriend had a heinously long...

Manli Wang??
perhaps Wang Hung Lao.
that would most certainly require a magic pie to make it disappear.

my big, manli, made in USA hub motor (replete with built in controller) was called a 'frisbee' when it first came out, so i feel ur pain.
near as i can measure over the protruding axle, 'the pie' is by staggering coincidence to within a millimeter the exact same dia. :?
would the RnD have included dissecting a few of these motors which seem to share few similarities beyond rotor size?

GoldenMotor said:
FYI: MAGIC PIE CAN DO 80NM with 800W, other motors can only do that at 1500W!
E+ claims 85 Nm with 750W.
looks like there's some hub envy going on here, "my 12 cyl lambo is biggern' yours". :lol:

YOO ESS EHH,
YOO ESS EHH! :p

Using my ancient chinese mathematical formulae and mysterious ancient mystical analogical methods of interpretation and calculationalization, i assume your 300m over 5.5km is approximately 9.80 degrees upslope. Magic Pie did 15 degrees upslope non-stop with no problems on a 48V12AH battery with me, 170lbs. Therefore I think the ancient chinese spirits hath given upon us... an answer that will satisfy you! 9.8degrees for the magic pie is so simple that it doesn't even have to puff out cream! enjoy the low-calorie magic pie!

2nd qn: if we were to show you the insides of the pie, then people, from china, or those with suppliers in china, will get to know the recipe for the pie, then we won't be doing any business would we? hence, i guess no, no detailed cross sections. And in china, that kind of question is usually forbidden. :D

Anyway i've been receiving some responses from people who like the 160USD intro-price idea. And i've also given certain people from this forum, an advanced treat. Do not worry these forumers will post a review before i release it, in case some of you are still in doubt!

GoldenMotor said:
Using my ancient chinese mathematical formulae and mysterious ancient mystical analogical methods of interpretation and calculationalization, i assume your 300m over 5.5km is approximately 9.80 degrees upslope. Magic Pie did 15 degrees upslope non-stop with no problems on a 48V12AH battery with me, 170lbs. Therefore I think the ancient chinese spirits hath given upon us... an answer that will satisfy you! 9.8degrees for the magic pie is so simple that it doesn't even have to puff out cream! enjoy the low-calorie magic pie!

2nd qn: if we were to show you the insides of the pie, then people, from china, or those with suppliers in china, will get to know the recipe for the pie, then we won't be doing any business would we? hence, i guess no, no detailed cross sections. And in china, that kind of question is usually forbidden. :D

Anyway i've been receiving some responses from people who like the 160USD intro-price idea. And i've also given certain people from this forum, an advanced treat. Do not worry these forumers will post a review before i release it, in case some of you are still in doubt!

ohhhhh hehehehe.

Funny man. Takes no shit but gives out a sense of humour.

8)

GoldenMotor said:
Using my ancient chinese mathematical formulae and mysterious ancient mystical analogical methods of interpretation and calculationalization, i assume your 300m over 5.5km is approximately 9.80 degrees upslope. Magic Pie did 15 degrees upslope non-stop with no problems on a 48V12AH battery with me, 170lbs.
The standard formula might give you a more believable result...... :p

15 degrees is 26% gradient...... Is that what you mean?

Yes yes... 15 degrees is actually quite a steep slope. There are parts on that mountain that were more than 20 degrees, the Pie didn't make it up the very steep slopes... ( I meant 2 months ago ) Then taking in account, the chinese rule of "probrem solfing", which is "If one doesn't succeed, then give one more Chi to make him succeed" The "Chi" in this instant, would be the magnets in the motor. Hence, now (2 months after the 2 months before today)(Which is basically today) with 56 Mags, it climbed the 20 with a speed of around 10, until the battery went FLAT, because Manager.Zhang didn't realise we've already covered 40km... Ah. We also saw some racing cars that day, notice the video had some nice BMW X6 and Audi TTS. Those were rich dudes, and hot babes from Wu Xi, who apparently have rich parents, and are unwilling to earn their own money to buy a car. But nevertheless, they made me feel so good about myself doing this job.

GoldenMotor said:
i've also given certain people from this forum, an advanced treat. Do not worry these forumers will post a review before i release it

All will be revealed kids :wink:

I think GM can expect many orders from this guy.

Who ate all the pies ?!
magicpie.jpg

GoldenMotor said:
As soon as one of us gets one, we'll have it apart and post detailed picutres on the forum :twisted:
That's how we learn.

Maybe they will sell ES customers a special edition pie. The welded housing pie.

:roll:

Not.

I'm keen to take a looksy.

Cats have a need to get out of that bag, dont they!

All about timing, until they release, the engineering details still have a chance of not being leaked to competitors. Post release, nothing to stop anyone else from borrowing any non patentable idea (basically the whole thing for hub motors) and trying to come up with a better/cheaper version.

But that timing is a significant business advantage, so I completely undertand Golden Motor keeping it close to their chest until anyone can buy one, pull it apart, and post a bunch of pics here. Or bring it back to their factory somewhere likely very nearby in China and tear it apart to make their version.

To me,it seems like a sensible approach. I bought my 9c motor for the same reason. All other things being equal, the larger the distance between the magnets and the centre of rotation, the bigger the lever. Even my non-engineer self can get that.

Sure you can, however patents my friend, is a very sensitive thing now in china. Plus, the deadliest weapon we have, is the fact that no one can do it cheaper than us. So if that really happens (someone else finding a cheaper method and does it outside the restrictions of the patent), then we'll simply sell it at a price so low, that he won't have any business. And we could sell it cheap while still making a profit, because of our dealers. Unless the copycat could find orders by containers, then he won't be able to compete with us. lol i feel so very evil :D

GoldenMotor said:
...then we'll simply sell it at a price so low, that he won't have any business. And we could sell it cheap while still making a profit...

Why not sell it at the low price to begin with if it's still profitable?

Then you can quickly corner the largest market share.

It won't be long before hubmotor kits are so prolific that American's won't spend more then US$100 for a full kit minus batteries and that should already be profitable for you.

You might consider having the forum group do some testing for you. Collectively, we may be able to point out critical areas for design improvement. That's a nice way of saying we can thrash it until it breaks and then take pictures of the broken parts. It is in everyone's best interest to have products that are reliable and perform well.

Never underestimate the power of the forum. :twisted:

fechter said:
You might consider having the forum group do some testing for you. Collectively, we may be able to point out critical areas for design improvement. That's a nice way of saying we can thrash it until it breaks and then take pictures of the broken parts. It is in everyone's best interest to have products that are reliable and perform well.

Never underestimate the power of the forum. :twisted:

That's the point of the 160USD introductory price. However if it breaks after you put in stuff like 2000V or whatever, then... i can't give you a warranty on that. However, magic pie is being improved as we speak, the price gets higher and higher afterwards. More and more trendy/useful stuff will be put in, such as a torque sensor, an intelligent pedelec assistant, ammeter/voltmeter/temperature sensors/output displays, and pretty soon it would be a extra value meal:

Magic Pie set meal would be something like a combination of a motor, a cateye display, a pedelec, a thermometer, an ammeter, a voltmeter, and eventually we will make the software so great that you can download applications into the controller, perhaps a fat-loss magic pie programme, that brakes the pie at certain voltages and when you pedal on it, the battery will recharge from your manual pedalling. Imagination and implementation has no limits, however we need to feel certain that our product will have a future market in this world before we start smashing in the cash to get these extra stuff developed.

GoldenMotor said:
perhaps a fat-loss magic pie programme, that brakes the pie at certain voltages and when you pedal on it, the battery will recharge from your manual pedalling

A pie that makes you lose weight would indeed be a Magic Pie...

I had to step in:

What we really need for the future is: Pie in the Sky

A flying e-bike.

Back