Grin’s perspective of Ebike fires

Hybrid is cheaper upfront and is a WAY less expensive way to reduce emissions per mile,
But not as cheap or easy as converting ICEs to LPG or CNG which also dramatically reduce emissions.
That would be the smart way to go whilst waiting for the EV technology to mature and reduce in cost.
it also addresses the main issue of reducing the consumption of Oil products ,..quickly… without wasting all the hardware and manufacturing resources that have been built up over the last 100 yrs !

I totally forgot about that.
Apparently the govt here in the states regulated that out of existance / too hard to pull off.

Yet another solution we could have used during the transition.

Back to battery safety..

Looks like Grin is going through the ringer of making all their packs UL certified..
Apparently em3ev is too and i have word that they have potted batteries coming up in a week or two.

Will UPP survive? hmmmm...

EDIT 04/17/2024: em3ev tells me the battery is actually not potted, reverting their previous statement. Sorry for transmitting the mixup.

Last edited:
It did catch on in coastal California. A Prius is a rare sight elsewhere.
Prius is one of the few hybrid cars sold in decent quantity. Maybe the only?
Have you been to any big cities lately ?..USA or any other country.
take a closer look at some of the Camrys , Rav 4s, etc , and Lexus models also….they may not be as obvious as the Prius, but many of them have been Hybrids for years.

Yes, i've lived all over the USA, big cities and small.
Grew up in California, visit every couple of years.

Yeah but they aren't good driving. I want a car the quality of the lucid air in handling and ride quality but a plugin hybrid. None of this plug in hybrids being reserved for the boring economy class segment. Attempt of performance cars being full electric and sucking aside from the lucid. Lucid is great just heavy asf and all the cons of a full ev except handling it drives better than my Jetta GLI by a lot. Like chefs kiss. Making a turbo 4 performance phev that does what lucid does in a full ev can't be that hard.

You dismiss my Tesla Model 3, whereas I'm legit concerned for the future safety of our highway system as these types of vehicles become more affordable as used, first cars for teenagers. I've heard grown men, women and children scream as I accelerate from a stop and then beg me to do it again. My little niece double checks that I won't "go too fast" before she gets in my car because she remembers the first time she was in it. No one screamed in my honda civic or mini cooper S or any of the fancier cars my friends have owned over the years. Mine is certainly not a Tesla you would describe as a performance model.

I worry about drivers on the road next to me who think it inadequate... I chuckle at the people who need to feel a knob and don't like screens. All I think about in my Tesla is that I'm driving at some point in the future while everyone else worries about the current price of a gallon of gas. Unless I'm charging for free; then I'm thinking about all the money I'm saving.

In any case, in regards to this thread, some of the newer ones have moved on to lifepo4 packs.

I thought the lower cost Teslas had moved to LIFePO4.

I'm looking for a small SUV, like a Honda CRX or Kia Sportage. Want it to carry bikes inside on road trips or on a 2" hitch rack locally. Reviewers tell me I need the hybrids for the higher power and mileage. That's an extra 300-500 lbs plus $5000-7000. I've spent a lifetime driving slow cars fast so I'm not swayed by the HP message.

A plug-in hybrid would be kind of fun though, I don't mind a 14 hour charge on house current.

Back