GT2B - New version - New Behavior

okp

100 kW
Hey,

I made few GT2B enclosures in the past with epoxy/CF and I had just to connect the throttle/trigger potentiometer to the P1 channel (3 wires) of the GT2B PCB. No need to connect the "wheel" to the P2 as I don't need channel. Works fine on all my remotes. This GT2B has a normal micro usb port to charge. Binding works only when you plug at least P1 to the GT2B PCB (means you power the GT2B by pressing bind button... then the led blinks (no need to have your receiver ON to get to this).

I lately ordered a GT2B and it seems they have made some modifications:
- the micro usb has been replaced by a micro flat usb
- the binding only works when you connect BOTH P1 and P2.

As I don't need P2, is there a way to make this work without adding the P2 potentiometer ? I was about to solder middle P2 pin with one of the other P2 pins but don't know if this is smart and the side effects. Maybe this will try to gives instruction on P2 to the receiver and draw the battery life of the GT2B

1450368636-img-4435.jpeg

I would measure resistance of 2nd pot, divide it by 2 and replace with two resistors. For example- pot is 10k, take two 5k resistors and connect from end pins to middle point to simulate the pot being on netural (middle) position.

thanks.

on 20k ohms spec on my multimeter, I got on the pot, from the left pin to middle : 2.90 and from right pin to middle : 2.53 with the pot being neutral.

should be : 2.90+2.53 equals 5,43. If I divide that per two : 2,715

If I measure the resistance of the pot from left pin to right pin, on 200k .. I measure 5.1

what resistances should I get ?

looks like its a 5k pot. you should use ~2.5k resistors. you can try to use 680ohm and maybe it will work

Back