H3580

Rodney64 said:
Anyone had any experience with this motor.

Where did you find an example?
Have a link?
3580 is a naming scheme created by C-lyte.
35 = 35mm wide stator. (if your lucky)
80 = 80kph @ a given voltage in a 26" rim.
This was likely a Hx3540 on 20s or 24s Lipo instead of 36v in a 26" rim that represents a Hs3540.
Confused yet? I was.
I prefer the 9c method of width/winds (2808) but thats just as useless to the average joe as well.
So basically without a simulator of some sort they are just numbers.

If this is not the case, and this is indeed a Hx3580 a 35mm stator 80kph @36v in a 26" wheel wind,
it would be a controller killer & should be avoided by most.

On the crystalyte website the 3580 isn't rated for 36 volts, it's rated for 72. It's under the H-series motor link and then you will see the variety of speed options they have. Crystalyte says they are made for higher voltage systems so this may be these H-series motor that will overheat slower at the voltages most of us use the original HX series motors.

We do not have any yet but 2 are on there way. Hopefully the motor is similar to the 4080 with the only difference being 5mm narrower and will fit a 7 speed cassette.

Rodney64 said:
We do not have any yet but 2 are on there way. Hopefully the motor is similar to the 4080 with the only difference being 5mm narrower and will fit a 7 speed cassette.
That's what I'm hoping for :D
Why does it take so long for crystalyte to make orders?

Are you sure you mean H3580?

Dontcha mean... 3548?

The naming structure here on these motors is (magnet width)(speed in KMH on 36v in a 26" rim)

80KMH/50MPH on 36v would be a little on the crazy side. You'd have to stick it in a 16" wheel or smaller to even hit top speed without blowing it O_O

neptronix said:
Are you sure you mean H3580?

Dontcha mean... 3548?

The naming structure here on these motors is (magnet width)(speed in KMH on 36v in a 26" rim)

80KMH/50MPH on 36v would be a little on the crazy side. You'd have to stick it in a 16" wheel or smaller to even hit top speed without blowing it O_O
Jealous Neptronix? :p
What you said in your post would be true, however the H3580 and H3560 aren't rated for 36 volts. They are rated for 72V. Just like the H4080 as well.

Below is a copy from the crystallite site. Trackman, hopefully here in 2 weeks. :D

Models :
                    Crystalyte H series :                        
Model :H3525 , H3525, H3560, H3580 & H2425 , H2440
* The last two number for speed ( km/hr ) record

35mm thickness stator : Front wheel and Rear  Wheel Hub available.
24mm thickness  stator : Front wheel motor only.

35mm Rear Hub 35mm Front Hub 24mm Front Hub

Axle dropout :
All Front wheel axle dropout : 100mm
All Rear wheel axle dropout : 135mm

Standard Speed :
40km/hr - 36V   
25km/hr  - 36V  
* For 48V the speed will faster

High Speed : 
60km/hr 
80km/hr
* High speed motor available for 72V and up to 96V system.
* High speed motor request controller with 40A or more to 60A 72V.
* Motor with 36 spokes holes.

Weight :
24mm Stator front wheel hub 5.8kg

* Crystalyte can provide matching Shimano 7 speed freewheel

One thing I don't get is, why didn't ebikes.ca start selling them with their motor shipment last winter? :?
Or even ilia at ebikessf. That would give them a lot more people to sell to, who want to chase high speeds for fairly cheap.

Rodney64 said:
Below is a copy from the crystallite site. Trackman, hopefully here in 2 weeks. :D

Models :
                    Crystalyte H series :                        
Model :H3525 , H3525, H3560, H3580 & H2425 , H2440
* The last two number for speed ( km/hr ) record

35mm thickness stator : Front wheel and Rear  Wheel Hub available.
24mm thickness  stator : Front wheel motor only.

35mm Rear Hub 35mm Front Hub 24mm Front Hub

Axle dropout :
All Front wheel axle dropout : 100mm
All Rear wheel axle dropout : 135mm

Standard Speed :
40km/hr - 36V   
25km/hr  - 36V  
* For 48V the speed will faster

High Speed : 
60km/hr 
80km/hr
* High speed motor available for 72V and up to 96V system.
* High speed motor request controller with 40A or more to 60A 72V.
* Motor with 36 spokes holes.

Weight :
24mm Stator front wheel hub 5.8kg

* Crystalyte can provide matching Shimano 7 speed freewheel
How much did you pay (or are going to) pay for it?! haha there is no price on the crystallite website :D

Rodney64 said:
You get it yet? :mrgreen:

Rodney64 said:
Picking up my motor today
Alright!
What took so long? Did Kenny ship the motor via air or the slow boat? :lol:
What kind of controller are you going to pair with this thing?

The standard controller 40 amp came with the kit and I also purchased a 12 fet from lyens with his 3 speed Switch. It was air mail but waiting on wiring. Coming from the axle there's a different set up.

If it was air mail, why did it take so long to ship?
Can you post some performance stats?

They were waiting on wiring. At the moment it's going to sit in the box until Chris my battery builder gets back from holiday in 2 weeks. Bugger.

Still a month or more away with the frame but when I get it going we can do some comparison with the 4080 but we are both running different voltages.

Rodney64: What made you choose this motor over every other motor that one can get hold of these days? What voltage are you aiming for, and how many amps? Im number nine on the phasor frame list and still clueless on what to run in this piece of art frame. ;)

Nicobie is that your recommendation to use it in a 20 inch rim.

SweKen when I first ordered the frame I was under the impression that phasor were only building frames for the 135mm dropout. But David (from phasor) has since said he's building for 150mm motors as well but my motor had already been ordered by then. I plan on using the bike for commuting during the week aiming for 50 to 60kms an hour where I will be only using 75% of the available power.
Battery is a 24s pack 100 volt and 15 amps which is about 1.3 volt of usable power.

I also have an old 9c ( slow wind) which I plan on using out in the bush on weekends.

Plan on purchasing a motorcycle lift to get the bike up to waist height so should be a simple task to change the wheels over.

Yeha. If you look at the ebikes.ca simulator you will find that the faster the wind on the H35XX motors, the faster they overheat, especially at higher voltages. The one way to get around overheating quicker is to get a smaller diameter rim or air cooling mods.
Have you tried the motor out yet?!

Yes had it going but I cannot use my new battery as Chris (battery builder) is away on holiday so have set it use on an old bike with 2 36 volt batteries but with the crystalyte 45amp controller it's tripping the batterys.

Edit.Plan on trying the 100v battery tomorrow as Chris is home.

Back