• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Helicopter Outrunner Motor Spacing

magudaman

10 kW
It been a while since I have been back to the sphere but with some spare time recently I am starting back up my projects.

The one that I have been working on recently is using a KDE 700xf 295kv helicopter motor with a Goped frame. I was using this thing in a ghetto form with a 100a sensorless controller but put me out of commission for two weeks after I crashed due to an unexpected controller shutdown during a wheelie. I figured it was time to try to get sensors mounted back on this motor.

So I started out with getting the sensors spaced at 60 degree mechanical spacing which I though would work perfectly since the motor is 8 magnetic poles, 4 magnet pairs. But instead I am getting a instant hall error on the controller and with the scope I see all 3 sensors on a one time and none on at other times, so apparently this spacing is totally wrong.

So I need a little help being walked through the hall spacing, I am rusty and the threads I read through didn't seem to be helping me. Besides going to 120 degree mechanical spacing what I can I use that would be smaller?

magudaman said:
It been a while since I have been back to the sphere but with some spare time recently I am starting back up my projects.

The one that I have been working on recently is using a KDE 700xf 295kv helicopter motor with a Goped frame. I was using this thing in a ghetto form with a 100a sensorless controller but put me out of commission for two weeks after I crashed due to an unexpected controller shutdown during a wheelie. I figured it was time to try to get sensors mounted back on this motor.

So I started out with getting the sensors spaced at 60 degree mechanical spacing which I though would work perfectly since the motor is 8 magnetic poles, 4 magnet pairs. But instead I am getting a instant hall error on the controller and with the scope I see all 3 sensors on a one time and none on at other times, so apparently this spacing is totally wrong.

So I need a little help being walked through the hall spacing, I am rusty and the threads I read through didn't seem to be helping me. Besides going to 120 degree mechanical spacing what I can I use that would be smaller?

all the info in this thread : starts from the bottom of page 1
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15686

Back