Hobby King 4s 5Ah packs on sale for about $22

gblast123

1 W
Hobby King has restocked the Turnigy 4s Hardcase, 5AH packs for $22.37 each. Shipping is about another $2 per pack if you buy a bunch.

Link - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18631

They are stocked in the US so shipping should be fairly fast.

I just ordered 14 for myself.

Make sure that you check the voltage as soon as you get these... I have had some problems with 1v packs which I got from Hobby King.

There was a prior post regarding something similar, but they were out of stock for the longest time1!

David

Many people likes those packs, i think they are the cheapest available. I thought ordering some for me but 6s looks easier for wiring.

These are really high quality cells. Lost one pack out of 40 now after almost a year. Perfectly balanced after almost a year with zero balancing/BMS or even paralleled balance leads on my buddies dirtbike. This was very surprising because that bike gets ridden hard and these packs keep on ticking.

I'm so tempted to get 2 of these to play with. I'm thinking of a 4s2p 10Ah pack. If HK/Turnigy's claim of 30C burst rate is true, the pack could start all of my cars. The most demanding one only needs 250A at 12V. But I think those ratings (20C continous, 30C burst) are overly optimistic.

Has anyone actually tried starting a car with 2 of these?

My buddy uses some lipo as a jumper pack.. If I remember correctly it was 4s 6ah or so of 30c packs but don't quote me.

mikebikerad said:
My buddy uses some lipo as a jumper pack.. If I remember correctly it was 4s 6ah or so of 30c packs but don't quote me.
As a jumper pack it only boosts the weak lead-acid battery, not starting the car by itself. I have a puny 6A charger, and most of the time that all I need to help start a car with a weak battery.

Back