Hobbyking Customer Service.

neptronix said:
If you missed 1 pack out of 20, and your remaining 19 packs were great, you've already done better than most people ordering, who often get 10-15% of their packs defective.

I ordered 13 packs total and 2 ended up being duds that i threw away or repurposed.

Guess i'd be pissed too tho. But just wanted to put that into perspective.

Wow, I must be lucky. I got ordered 20 packs from them, all nanotech, all from china, and they all are doing fine now... Hopefully they don't go bad on me. I can't afford the shipping cost. : (

Attachments

• 1299750913206.jpg
    1299750913206.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,683
Wow, that sucks!

Glad the packs you got were all in good shape, I would weight the batteries in groups like it's been said, and if the shipping label has the total weight printed somewhere on it, you should be gold.

However, after jumping through these hoops, I would ALSO send them a copy of all the statements from previous orders and show them how much you buy, and since the shipping shouldn't be a big deal for them from their local warehouse, they are total idiots if they don't just eat the shipping themselves and send you your 21st pack.

If they give you any flack, just contact paypal and make a claim. Usually that will get the attention of their supervisor and THEN they might start treating you right. :wink:

I'm really surprised that they have sent up to 10 - 15% bad packs in the past!!

Definitely helps to buy from a local warehouse that way they can't hold you hostage with the shipping from China.

Hope my 2 6S 6000 mah Nanotech packs come here with no issues, you have me nervous now! :lol:

I have only bought motors and Nanotech packs from HK, and so far, everything has come with in a week or two, and nothing has been defective, but since they only stock the International (Chinese) warehouse with Nanotechs (far as I know) I can't get them locally.

Also, see if there is another channel to contact HK other than the email that you received, when my Golden Motor wasn't coming on time, I talked with the only person who seemed to be available, someone who was there to answer technical specs on the motors, and they made it happen all the while, the "official channels" weren't even answering my emails.

Dig around a bit, I'm sure that you will get someone who will help ya get your last pack!

That order amount alone should make them realize what a valuable customer you are!

Good luck! :)

Again, we know you ordered 21 packs, your bill says 21? Just saying that could be why your order got hugged up. Some dope just typed 20 somewhere and now you paid for and recieved 20? The only way that should have been able to happen, assuming all their employess world wide never smoke an attitude adjustment during the day.

They definitely need to wake up and fix this, you're not some teen that buys one 30 buck lipo a year.

Talking about 8ah zippys I have 7 of thoses in my desk and all cells are working properly.
:)

Btw I dont know if I ll build my greyborg with a123 pouch or turnigy nano-tech -.-

wineboyrider said:
I got 2 8ah zippy's and one cell in one pack decided it wanted to go to 0v :x :x Only got about 20 cycles out of that one...
:roll:

Im yet to use mine coz I broken my shoulder... ohwell, thats why I got 7. Plan on doing 18s2p and have one spare, if that works nice I probably order alot more lipo.

The reason they want you to weight the full delivery is to compare it to what was weighed in the warehouse management system. I have managed plenty of warehouse claims processes the same way - but a 5 gram tolerance is facepalm. Head-desking infact. Ridiculous.

You should easily be able to show the weight of what you received, and when they check their freight system against your order they should show a difference roughly equal to the weight of a pack.

Alternatively, they sent it and the goods were stolen in-transit. As you purchased the goods fully delivered they are still liable to control THEIR freight providers that THEY pay.

Don't let them fool you, if you get the runaround, start an internet stink.

Hopefully the other one is in another box still in route. Did the 20 fit in the box perfectly, or was there plenty of room for the odd pack?

John in CR said:
Hopefully the other one is in another box still in route. Did the 20 fit in the box perfectly, or was there plenty of room for the odd pack?

Very good point!

i had to make 3 separate orders as the max weight for one order is 10kg...

still no reply from them. will keep sending emails for another week before opening a dispute with paypal.

thanks for your support guys!

Wojtek, this is a bummer. But considering your 20 packs are OK, that's a win already!
I've made 31 orders and received all items exactly as ordered so far. I assume that in your rare case, they do need to make sure where the mistake was made. It surely seems ridiculous to approach a heavily returning customer in such an over-formalized way. But then again, having as bloody many orders as they have, there is often really no time left to make exceptions. I just looked at the order numbers of 4 orders I made in a row, and there were about 30-70 new orders made between each, in a matter of minutes. That's crazy!!!

wojtek said:
i bought 21 and got 20..

yes im impressed too. actually all cells i ordered this years were OK. And i ordered a lot!

the only thing is, i always order from the german warehouse. I think the QC is better when sent from Germany. Obviously the price is also higher.
But im saving on time and shipping.

ive found this too out of the aus warehouse. 29packs this year, 1 dud. sent it back to the east cost of aus and got a prompt refund. So far ive been pretty damn impressed with hk. the packaging of the last order was actually over the top, each cell individually wraped in bubbles, then put in a box, then wrapped again, taped up to its friends, and wrapped again before being put in its delivery box! I swear this thing could fall of a truck doing 100km'h and end up with nothing more than scuffed cardboard. only 1 problem in 10 orders is pretty good in my books. or maybe ive just been lucky.

try the olnline chat. it takes a while sometimes but thats how i dealt with my dud pack... they took a bit of pushing but eventually just said 'send it back'. Defiantly should be treating their big customers better than this though...

Hmm. Out of 21 orders to the China warehouse during the last 2 years, only one order has gone partially wrong. It is still stuck at customs (after 3 weeks). All my lipos (1S, 2S, 3S, 10S) arrived perfectly balanced and well protected. Never damaged. Almost always the goods were well packaged. Also, almost always the packaging was damaged one way or another. Therefore, I really have no complaints!

None of this is as bad as when I ordered a $30 turnigy charger and received a $200 600-class carbon fiber helicopter kit.

I asked them what to do and they said they would give me the correct product once I returned the helicopter. They wouldn't even pay for the shipping label to fix their own mistake. It was all at the inconvenience of the customer.

eBay. Pocketed it. Was I going to wait?!? :mrgreen: :lol:

IN the end I bought a hyperion 1420i.

hillzofvalp said:
None of this is as bad as when I ordered a $30 turnigy charger and received a $200 600-class carbon fiber helicopter kit.

I asked them what to do and they said they would give me the correct product once I returned the helicopter. They wouldn't even pay for the shipping label to fix their own mistake. It was all at the inconvenience of the customer.

eBay. Pocketed it. Was I going to wait?!? :mrgreen: :lol:

IN the end I bought a hyperion 1420i.

lol nice score. bet someone was pissed when they got a $30 charger instead of a $200 heli kit.

wrote them another message - if this wont help , i will sue them! :twisted:
[i attach just for your information in case you have similar problem]

here is the picture of the label from order 2003299239
the weight: 9.46kg

If i put 7x zippy 30c 6s 8ah + 1x zippy 30c 6s 5ah, then the total weight in the basket is 9651g WITHOUT packaging.

I think this clearly proves that one cell was missing..

thanks
Wojtek

wojtek said:
wrote them another message - if this wont help , i will sue them! :twisted:

Let's make a deal Wojtek. I'll send you a free lipo pack you're missing and you'll pay me your travel expenses to german court :)

Seriously, I just received 13 perfectly fine 4S hardcases from int. warehouse. All within 3.85-3.88V.
They were also ridiculously well packed. Bubble wrap around battery, protective wrap around balance taps, paper box for each battery, packed in multiple layers of bubble wrap. Parcels were near empty, there were air pouches everywhere additionally protecting the well-packed hardcases.

THIS F*** THINKS I WILL GIVE UP? I HATE HOBBYKING SO MUCH, THAT I HAVE TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT!

Hi Wojciech ,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

Thank you for your information. However, regarding the weight, we also need you to provide the photo to show the total weight of all the items that you received. When you weigh the weight, all items, packaging materials and parcel box should be including. Meanwhile, you are kindly required to provide one photo to show all the items you received, the bar code of the items should also be included.

Thank you in advance and thank you for your cooperation.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
John
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

I have a similar problem with Hobbyking. (Reported in a separate ES thread)

I think your plan sounds good: Report to Paypal. Racking up a bad record with Paypal is not going to be a good thing for them.

Still, you might have to continue following their instructions, however ridiculous, so you can show you have made the best effort on your behalf.

It is not good that Hobbyking is becoming a near monopoly. It would be ideal if there were several similar competitors so we could just vote with our feet and pay our $ or Euro elsewhere.

jag said:
It is not good that Hobbyking is becoming a near monopoly. It would be ideal if there were several similar competitors so we could just vote with our feet and pay our $ or Euro elsewhere.

Competitors do exist. Hobby Partz sells their 'blue lipo', 'gens ace', and 'sky lipo' brands at a cost that is about +/- a few dollars.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/5000mah.html

If you're *really pissed* at hobbyking, they are worth a try. RC-Groups seems to like their wares, but also haven't given them a fair shake yet either.

Unfortunately, that's the Chinese cheap shop tactic. $60 to most people is nothing. Its an hour wage to me, but its a days wage or more to the Chinese...

So they set the bar for refunds so high, most people give up. If they try to do a charge back, the can honestly say that the customer wasn't willing to help them resolve the issue and Paypal will take their side.

I've been scammed on Paypal by this method.

Forget about Nanotech and Hobby City especially if you are in the USA and looking for quality packs at a reasonable price. Remember the name Gen Ace. http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-5300-6s1p.html.

These packs out perform Nanotechs, cost about the same, and are delivered free if you are in the USA. Google these packs and see what the RC forums are saying about them. I just bought 4 packs that I use for a 12S setup in a Fusion 50 Heli. Performance is unbelievable and on par with my Hyperion G3 and Thunder Power packs.

These packs are quality. Check them out.

Back