How "Express" is "Express" in China, anyway?

Little-Acorn

100 W
Ordered a battery from vpower.hk, to be shipped by their fastest way, "Air Express". It was shipped on the 13th via DHL, and I got a tracking number.

Now, four days later, it has been bouncing around from Shenzhen to Hong Kong. It's still in Hong Kong as nearly as I can tell. By my reckoning, it has moved maybe 50 miles in four days. Hey, I can do that on foot, without an ebike, and I'm an old fat guy.

Anyone know how long something like this usually takes, to get on an airplane headed overseas? Byt "fastest service offered"?

lester12483 said:
Is it a vpower battery?
Yup.

mine came from shenzen and it took a week to get to chicago.
Well, it's only been four days for mine. But it's been puttering around Hong Kong and Shenzhen for those four days. I guess I don't see why they call that an "express" service.

Oops. Just as I get started bitching and whining, I get word that the battery is in Los Angeles, and has cleared customs.

100 miles to go! :)

It's sucky tracking. Once it leaves hong kong, you may not track it again till it clears US Customs. Arrival at US customs does not track.

I got mine delivered by UPS.....and it was from China to Ireland in around 4-5 days, not counting the 1 day that Customs ripped the packets open and decided to tax me an extra $100 or so.

Mines sitting in the post office right now. Dang holiday. They tried to deliver it thursday, but left a note. The note was found in the front yard this morning. Idiot could have put the notice in my mailbox 2 feet from where he was parked but noooooooooo, he stuck it in the door where it blew away. :evil:

It was three days from china to the aborted delivery. Wow. The first pingbattery took 10 days to ship.

I've had items from China to my doorstep in under 5 days...from Hong Kong in ~3 days
im in Australia though i gather your in the USofA or North America? I been lucky, i have never
had :: touch wood:: anything held up in customs, tracking the consignments its delivered the day
after it hits Australian customs, day after that at most.

KiM

It's ALL about your Good luck, You feel lucky today, My ping was made and sent within 10 days. But lose in my local post office for 9 days, My postman knew about it but didn't give me a slip went to the post office with tracking # 3 times they couldn't find it a BIG yellow box 45lbs. from china. Post office can't find because they are sitting on it. After six mos. my battery blown 4 cells ping sent Me my new cells 12-7-09 sitting in china for 3 weeks then 6 days in usa received 01-08-10. It like the Sears cat. just wait ! SO Sorry SOO Sorry honorable good man. Weclome to CHINA express! Pay first please.

I got lucky, found the slip, and they had the package and hadn't shipped it back to china. Happy now, except for the want to ride, but gotta break it in first part. Fun to watch the blinky lights on the bms.

Back