How to display HT3525 thermistor output? (Help Needed!)

Lemlux

100 W
Hi, my first approach to set up a temp display for the HT3525 thermistor output wire aborted. Does anyone have advice on how to proceed for someone with minimal technical competence? (i.e. recommended connection and display device.) I'm locked into a high voltage CA V2 with an installed POT for real time Battery Current variable attenuation.

Hasn't anyone hooked up a stand-alone temp display to a factory HT3525 thermistor?

I was not aware the newer motors were shipping with them. Who'd you get the motor from ?
Pretty soon I will be buying another one myself.

Illia ships these motors (ebikes-sf), I could be totally wrong about this, but I remember on a thread somewhere I thought it was concluded that there is not a plug and play solution in terms of being able to just solder up the wires to a digital thermometer etc.. I could be totally wrong on this (and I am interested because I am in the process of getting one of Illia's motors), but I have a distinct memory that the eventual conclusion was that it would not simply be a case of extending the wires and chucking a digital thermometer readout on your handlebars, it had something to do with the type of sensor it was meaning it was more intended as a type of cutoff trigger than something that gave a graduated reading. I know that isn't much help, but I distinctly remember everyone getting excited when they saw you could a motor with a pre-installed probe effectively, but then the conclusion being it wouldn't just give a plug and play solution. I stand to be corrected (and hope so, as I have one on the way).

Got my 5404 working in my yuba. Only have one gear in the back , but it's doing the job.

Still I am very much considering another ht 3525 and methods price is hard to pass up. I remember
the other thread you are referencing as well.. surprised there's not more details on the site selling them.

The 24v EVG had a thermistor switch in it. Upon overheat, it would cut off the controller. So maybe it's a switch, that you'd put inline with your keyswitch wire.

Easy as pie to add a thermistor for a bbq thermometer to any clyte. It's the 9c's that don't have an easy way to add two thin wires. Dang tiny hole in the axle.

Here is the thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38830

Ilia @ ebikessf sells it. I have it on my HS3545 motor. It's just a white wire coming out.
I have ask him if there is any good plug and play solution and he said currently there is none. You will have to wait until the CA V3 comes out and he will modify it to work. But that is what he told me.

Go ahead and read the thread. It literally shows you how to build one yourself.
Since I don't know when the CA V3 will come out and how much longer it will take Ilia to mod the CA to display the temperature of these thermistor, I plan to build one myself using the Ardunio I have laying around.

It should be simply be programming the linear temperature curve into the Arduino and building a simple voltage divider circuit and feeding this into it. Then just program your Ardunio read the ADC value, do the conversion, and print the temperature to an LCD shield every sec or and go to sleep to save power.

You can also mod your controller wire to make it plug and play. Currently I don't have time, but I figured a hack version can be done in 24 hours if I have a 24 hour period free to do it.

I would consider building for the ES community once i get it done, but I don't know if there will be a market for it considering the CA V3 will replace my module eventually when it's finalize.

My recommendation is for now, just run your motor within specs and wait for the CA V3 to be release. Offload your current CA and buy the CA V3 and you should be good to go.

My motor is, indeed, from Ilia. He has apparently broken his pick trying to display the output and offered me the same wait until CA V3 advice.

I'd hpoped that this clever group would have an relatively easily executable adaptation.

I'll review the link.

Thanks.

Back