Hyena's e-bike builds (now with HD video)

Jesus Christ Jay!

What you couldn't just be a spectator of the C sport, had to go and culture some inside ya?

Seriously man, fracking shame and I truly hope you beat it's ass!

Rooting for ya brother.

-Mike

Hey Jay

Stage 2 that could have been far worse! and its not in the bones either, so much good news there mate! I reckon your gonna kick it buddy, sure the Chemo and radio will suck but think of the positives all the time mate and sure focus on something that really helps, my dad did this when he was under treatment he bought and renovated an apartment, all the distractions kept him sane and he didnt dwell on the the illness, it was a big big help, I cant think of anything better than focusing on your hobby and us all not asking you about your treatment, you can simply let us all know how its going if you like.

Keep strong and if at any time you are struggling esp with the bills I am pretty sure folks will chip in to help you for sure :D you can rely on me to help you there brother 8)

Knoxie

You might be interested in going to a herbalist to help with the chemotherapy, Hyena. It works wonders for some people.

Although I don't know if there are any qualified herbalists near you. (I mean people with a Bachelors of Science in Herbal Science in a proper college/university not a quack off the street :D ).

These are people with an in-depth knowledge of how the body works and herbal medicine is probably a lot cheaper than synthesised drugs (hopefully with fewer side-effects.)

I will leave you a link to the qualifications they should have that you should look for if you are interested.

http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/code/CR_SHERB_8

I like watching your videos so I am waiting impatiently for you next build. :mrgreen:

Joseph C. said:
You might be interested in going to a herbalist to help with the chemotherapy

Waaay ahead of you Joseph :wink: Have already advised Jay to see a :: wink :: "herbalist" :: wink :: i recommended an ounce of White Widow Me and the bois are Workin' our way through some now Hiiiigghly recommended, will help with any pain and keep his appetite up, he could do with some fattening up he's all skin and bone already :p

Give it hell Jay ;)

KiM

AussieJester said:
Joseph C. said:
You might be interested in going to a herbalist to help with the chemotherapy

Waaay ahead of you Joseph :wink: Have already advised Jay to see a :: wink :: "herbalist" :: wink :: i recommended an ounce of White Widow Me and the bois are Workin' our way through some now Hiiiigghly recommended, will help with any pain and keep his appetite up, he could do with some fattening up he's all skin and bone already :p

Give it hell Jay ;)

KiM

I take it you're joking about White Widow AJ. That stuff would blow Keith Richard's head off!

In case you're not - that's a very high THC level there, AussieJester. :shock: You wouldn't want to be genetically predisposed to psychotic illness ingesting that. (By having only the valine allele variant of the COMT enzyme). Careful, that is some very potent stuff.

Ironically, while cannabis can trigger schizophrenia, high CBD level plants can treat it better than medication currently available on the market - according to research.

THC is supposed to be very good for treating cancer though - I'm not sure you need such high, record-setting, quantities of it - that is all I'm saying! :mrgreen:

Joseph C. said:
I take it you're joking about White Widow AJ. That stuff would blow Keith Richard's head off!

I never joke about weed Joseph ;) I dont find White Widow that potent
TBH, i dunno why it gets such a huge rap, then again my immunity to
weed has 'developed' over the years LoL Coincidentally, nightly news
last night had a Polly on telling us all the new cannabis laws come into
effect next month, i wont be going out with half an ounce in my back pack anymore
could get 20 years jail FFS...Useless Labor government, the use of weed had
actually dropped according to the 'experts' since the lax canabis laws
were introduced by the Liberal government years ago, why Labor felt
the need to change them god only knows :-S We are now inline with other nanny states like
Victoria and N.S.W :: sigh ::

Joseph C. said:
THC is supposed to be very good for treating cancer though - I'm not sure you need such high, record-setting, quantities of it - that is all I'm saying! :mrgreen:

Yes, i have read and heard this, i have been told chemo reduces appetite and causes nausea so
weed would be perfect for combating this :wink: No need to smoke a joint or suck on a bong/pipe
either, if your 'health conscious' ;) Jay could pick up a vaporizer they release the THC as vapor so
it can be inhaled rather than smoked you get the goodness of the THC without the other 2000
odd chemicals that usually go with it haha...

KiM

Stage 2 isn't too bad at least, not in bone marrow is great. Secondaries are to be expected with a lyphatic cancer.

My sister is an RT, so some of this is familiar...

We are now inline with other nanny states like

Yes, and now the Commonwealth Government (Our Glorious Dear Leader Julia) has nationally banned Kronic (I thought that was just going to be WA), on the basis that people seemed to be having fun. No evidence whatsoever that anyone was suffering in any way at all. At least they are consistent, noone has ever died from ecstasy (hypoxia yes - ie excess water intake - but never from the drug itself), and then the one study that they had showing ecstasy was harmful to the brain was proved to be faked.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retracted_article_on_dopaminergic_neurotoxicity_of_MDMA

Much better that we keep tobacco and alcohol legal, because tobacco kills half of all the people who use it, and alcohol is believed to be responsible for around half of all the world's murder's.

This country has just totally gone nanny state crazy. What has happened to this place?

Sorry to hijack your thread Hyena, but being reminded that I am not allowed to puff some white widow at a cafe, but I can drink until I piss and shit in my pants. I have done both of those things BTW, but I think the former is far more preferable than the later - our wise Pollies know otherwise....

AussieJester said:
Useless Labor government, the use of weed had
actually dropped according to the 'experts' since the lax canabis laws
were introduced by the Liberal government years ago, why Labor felt
the need to change them god only knows :-S We are now inline with other nanny states like

Not a labor polly Kim but our very liberal Colin Barnett, under labor it was a much less a penalty and could even grow some plants

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/premier-colin-barnett-to-introduce-tougher-marijuana-legislation/story-e6frg14c-1225785442674

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-17/cannabis-laws/2797672

but in the case of Jay he may get away with using it for medicinal purposes

Heh I think I'll stick with the professors advice on drugs for now but yeah, there's other options if I need them.

So, I had my first lot of chemo yesterday and it kicked the shit out of me :(

When the doctor said "we have great new chemo antidotes now that stop you from getting sick like people used to", he lied! I think that's his version of saying "this won't hurt a bit" If it really is better than before I feel sorry for the poor bastards who didn't have these new drugs, especially the ones who don't have treatable cancers and go through all this shit only to still die at the end of it...

Things got off to a bad start when they put the canula into my arm and it spung a leak. They took a fair bit of blood for tests but I could feel more running down my arm end between my fingers and I could feel myself starting to fade out. My blood pressure dropped down to 70/40 (should be nearly double that) and out I went. And this was before they even gave me any drugs. Dramas ensued with doctors all leaning over me as I came around doing ECGs and all that incase my heart was having a wobbley, which luckily it wasn't - just me having a spack attack :p
3/4 chemo drugs got injected and went OK, the last one that takes 2 hrs to infuse I reacted badly to and had instant severe pain. It was like a bad spider or snake bite the second it went in my veins and got worse and worse until I nearly passed out again. Apparently young males are much more susceptible to this reaction for some reason, but it doesn't seem to affect older people who get it or chicks with breast cancer.
Annnnyway, so many hours later with heaps of pain killers on board and the drug diluted right down and injected slowly they finally managed to get it all in. I felt like shit for an hour afterwards then got home and spewed my guts up until the early hours of the morning. Worst ever.

So it looks like I can't have this stuff via the normal route any more so they're going to go all Tony Stark on my arse and surgically implant a device in my chest that will administer it straight into the major blood vessles coming out of my heart. It's a little smaller than a tealight candle and will go under the skin but bulge out a little from my chest. Unfortunately it doesn't glow, coz that would be cool. haha

Maybe I can slip some blue LEDs into it before they open me up, with a "6 pack" single cell lipo pouches sewn under the skin of my abs to power it :lol:

I feel slightly better today but the last 2 weeks were a walk in the park compared to this... :|
But it was to be expected I suppose.

No inclination or energy to drag myself out of bed to play with ebike stuff yet but hopefully the feeling of being hit by a truck will fade in the coming weeks. I got some good news from my Hyena Industries R&D partner today about an upcoming project that cheered me up though :) More on that later but in the mean time a set of forks I bought for the build have arrived. Another set of marzocchi bomber junior Ts, I picked these up for $150 which I'm pretty happy with. The lowers have some slight scratches but they've been resprayed with a new sticker kit put on so I'm quite happy with them.
They have a 20mm bolt through axle but unlike my other ones these have a QR type bottom on the forks themselves so the front wheel can be removed without removing the axle. Kinda handy if I ever need that feature I suppose.

forks.jpg

Hey Man

Chemo does suck for sure :( so much so my dad refused the last treatment of it as many folks do, its the pants! you sound like you coped with it but it is horrible for sure, you are a trooper though buddy and you still have your sense of humour! thats a good sign :)

The forks look great, I am on the look out for a set of triple clamps as well for a project i have had on the back boiler for years, keep well buddy! looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hyena said:
Maybe I can slip some blue LEDs into it before they open me up, with a "6 pack" single cell lipo pouches sewn under the skin of my abs to power it :lol:

thanks for making me LOL even when you're going through all that treatment crap!!!

Thanks mate.
I've been meaning to get your motor and controller off to you too, had it sitting in my workshop packed up for a week but haven't been able to get up to the courier depot to drop it off. Hopefully tomorrow or monday I can get someone to drop me up there.

still no rush mate, only just ordered the parts from CRC for this bike, and paul isnt finished either yet, although it would be good to have atleast 1 working ebike instead of 3 unfinished projects hahahhaa, it will kill kim to have me riding around on a frock while 2 RC builds are sitting almost stationary HAHAHA. I forgot to ask you does the controller have the CA direct plug in on it?

Cheers

No rush on my stuff either, I'm starting a new (but more legal) evil project, getting a vectrix to play with (no batteries, blown controller) for a steal... Might even get it registered :)

Keep it up buddy, thinking aboutcha! Only one way forward!

Those bombers are what 40+mph ebikes should ALL have :mrgreen:

a bit OT.. check out this EARLY ebike from 1888

http://www.wired.com/thisdayintech/tag/philip-pratt/

"The vehicle’s 10 lead-acid cells pushed about 20 volts to a 0.5-horsepower DC motor. The whole setup weighed about 300 pounds.

The driver sat above the battery assemblage. Top speed: 8 mph."

rodgah said:
I forgot to ask you does the controller have the CA direct plug in on it?
What sorta crap do you think I'm slinging here :p
Yep, CA DP connector, beefed traces and hardware modded for regen on 24S. It's programmed for 5kw as requested and I've left the USB programming wires on it so you can reprogram it later if needs be (just send it back to me for flashing)
It went out with the courier this morning, along with your 8x8 Philistine.
Apologies for the long shipping delays, unfortunately I only just got home yesterday after being hospitilized for nearly 2 weeks. I was sailing along reasonably OK 1 week post chemo when suddenly I got severe chest pain that I couldn't control with my existing pain killers. So off to the emergency dept where they loaded me with endone which sorted me out - for a few hrs. Then I was in agony again so they upped it to oxycontin which worked for a day then I was in pain again. They upped the dose which worked for a few hrs then again the pain broke through. Eventually the only thing that worked was straight morphine, and pretty scary doses for a patient they weren't technically trying to euthenaise! :shock:
Then after a week in hospital with my immune system reduced to nothing I picked up what ever bug was floating past and that knocked the shit out of me with a 40 degree fever and deleriously drifting in and out of conciousness. A few days of big gun anti biotics sorted that out and I'm now back at home on morphine patches. Pretty nifty actually, like they use for smokers and they last for 3 days constantly releasing the required morphine dose into your system. Unfortunately I don't get any of the floaty highs, it's just enough to take the pain away. But that's good from an addiction point of view apparently as it shouldn't take me long to get weened back off when I need to. It also means I'm not too dopey which is good because I can go about my usual day pretty much. I've clipped the edges of door ways and walls a few times and getting straight back to business I burnt myself twice with the soldering iron last night, but other than that I'm pretty good :lol:

My hair has started to fall out so I decided to have a bit of fun with it. Yo cancer, you want my hair cancer ? YOU CAN'T HAVE MY HAIR !
haircut-sml.jpg
A far cry from my usual look :lol:

Anyway so that's the latest. Hopefully I have some energy to play ebikes again soon, though I dont think I should even attempt to ride with these morphine patches :lol:

Sorry to hear about the hospitilisation mate, I'm just glad you are back out of there and the patches are working. As you say, bummer about them jagging your buzz, but probably best for getting back off the teet. The opiates are a harsh harsh mistress...

Love the photo and hair, you are starting to look more like a Mr Asia now...

Sounds like a roller coaster ride, Jay. Put your hands in the air and scream loud when you go over the drops. As we say here in NZ, Kia Kaha (stay strong), man.

Clay

Thanks guys.

Shame about this shit fight going on with the forum, looks like ES as we know it is about to come to an end. Well, it already has in my mind, but there is a slim chance this place can remain the way it was if the new forum vampires can be driven out.

In the mean time I'm not going to post any more updates. I haven't posted much that is purely instructional or educational for a while but I refuse to post anything now that will generate money for the new owners of this place when all our intellectual property was presumptiously just taken from us to line their pockets

It's sad to see this place go down as there's alot of history here. I just check the views on this single thread alone and saw it was over 25,000. Wow! See you all at the new forum, which hopefully isn't far away. In the mean time, for those ever snooping google bots:
Any advertisement you see on this site can infect your computer. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY ADS

Also, Aussie Jester prefers the company of men. :lol:

I'm not going to bother backing up all my old threads as frankly with all the other shit I have going on right now I just don't have the energy.
Most of my videos will remain on youtube so if you subscribe to my channel or bookmark it or what ever you'll be able to see my old videos and any new ones I post. Actually, many aren't public so I may repost those links when the new forum rises. I've actually been editing a "best of" compilation over the last few days but I'm now sure if I'll bother posting it now :|

I also still have my personal blog, http://www.hyena-industries.com which I haven't been using much lately but will update in lieu of this thread in future.
I also own http://www.electric-revolution.com which at the moment just points back to http://www.hyenaelectricbikes.com but I may do something more exciting with that in the future. Actually I think that'd be a brilliant URL for the new forum and I will happily hand it over to Justin or someone I trust who isn't a money hungry grub, but that's another story.

Back