I cheated this time

BrandonB

10 W
Wanted to get back into the game on the cheap, to help me get back in shape. Looking around, technology has made big leaps since 2009, but there aren't any more $250 shipped 9C kits kicking around. I scoured eBay until I came across this bike, a Schwinn Transit Electric 700C. Has a 24 volt lithium pack, an 8FUN front hub motor, and it's pedelec, to help me lose weight. I bit the bullet and bought one for $500. The first bike I have actually "built" from parts that didn't already come as a working complete bike. Went on the maiden voyage and it was nice. Added a comfort seat and I'll be going back out again today.

As time goes on, I may opt to convert to throttle and install a slightly larger (350-500W) front hub and a different controller.

Attachments

• schwinn.jpg
    schwinn.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 402
Welcome back :D .the bike looks comfortable, enjoy ...

A suspension seat would be really nice. I have a brooks seat on a foot-powered Raleigh Twenty, and boy is it nice. The noseless seat is a standard item in the bike section of Wal Mart for $20. For larger people like me, it makes all the difference in the world. I think most bike seats are made for riders who stand up a lot, or don't put a lot of weight on the seat. Not me :lol:

Back