I have had a bad experience with OllinBoard

@laurentxr To be fair, Enertion and DIYElectric has most of their products done in a factory, usually in the land of mystical dragons. Ollinboard makes their products by their own hands and here in the good 'ole US of A, despite of the costs, regulations, taxes, etc. I'm sure chaka believes that this is best for the customers so that he can have good QC, so he's got good intentions there.

But of course, good intentions are only half of it, he still need to deliver. To be honest, when I saw the original prices of his decks I thought it was too good to be true. I'm sure he has not factored in the time that it will take to build them. And as more orders come in because people find it a good value, it gets more and more difficult to get ahead of the curve. But now that he's raised the prices on them (and also on the VESCs), I'm sure he will now find more time to finish up on the pending orders. I'm hoping he does because I'm also waiting on my VESCs. :mrgreen:

In the end, if people think that you have a unique and quality product, they will still buy it. It is still a niche market after all. Lastly, we are all students here. There is no proven road map on what we are doing. Sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't. I just hope we all pride ourselves on being a member of a pioneering community.

smashapotamus said:
Extreme censorship? You're posting on a privately owned and operated message board on the internet. You dont have freedom of speech here

A person also doesn't have freedom to create and post from multiple accounts.

"DON'T create more than one account for any reason. If you have multiple accounts
it may lead to deletion of ALL your accounts".

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=152

Oh is this the part where you insinuate that due to my low post count that I must somehow be Chaka posting from a newly created account in order to drum up some sense of third party support? ... How predictable. I would advise you to try another tactic on that one. I'd ask the moderators to go ahead and check my IP so that you can validate my geography but that would simply take too long.

My name is Phillip, and i'm a 36 year old skate enthusiast and IT professional who has been skating since I was a kid and have recently become interested in electric boards. I live in sunny Southern California and my IP address is 96.247.77.254. I can assure you that I am very certainly NOT Chaka.

Apparently you and I share an affinity for the rules, so I thought I would highlight a few for you.

knightmb said:
Posting on Endless-sphere.com is a privilege, not a right.
We reserve the right to delete your posts and/or ban you from this forum and/or Endless-sphere.com without prior warning.
It is your responsibility to read and follow these rules.

3. Posts, topics, reply, or profiles which go beyond simple expression of opinion and edge toward unfounded accusations will be removed. Repeated problems with a user will result in account termination. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't take it too far.

* You buy and sell at your own risk

DON'T use the Tech Forums for personal conversation or argument; use email or private messages. The tech sections are for just that, post with some tech in them. Post your build threads, technical questions, how to's, etc. Tech should be related to Electric Vehicles only, not internal combustion.

DON'T post non-technical comments or pictures in the Tech Forums, they will be removed at the moderator's discretion

DON'T abuse site members on the forums, or through email or private messages

DON'T post messages for the sole purpose of attacking a person or company or just to start an argument

DO stay on topic

DO post in the correct forum

The continued existence of this thread violates EVERY ONE of these rules.

smashapotamus said:
Oh is this the part where you insinuate that due to my low post count that I must somehow be Chaka posting from a newly created account in order to drum up some sense of third party support? ... How predictable. I would advise you to try another tactic on that one. I'd ask the moderators to go ahead and check my IP so that you can validate my geography but that would simply take too long.

My name is Phillip, and i'm a 36 year old skate enthusiast and IT professional who has been skating since I was a kid and have recently become interested in electric boards. I live in sunny Southern California and my IP address is 96.247.77.254. I can assure you that I am very certainly NOT Chaka.

Apparently you and I share an affinity for the rules, so I thought I would highlight a few for you.

knightmb said:
Posting on Endless-sphere.com is a privilege, not a right.
We reserve the right to delete your posts and/or ban you from this forum and/or Endless-sphere.com without prior warning.
It is your responsibility to read and follow these rules.

3. Posts, topics, reply, or profiles which go beyond simple expression of opinion and edge toward unfounded accusations will be removed. Repeated problems with a user will result in account termination. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't take it too far.

* You buy and sell at your own risk

DON'T use the Tech Forums for personal conversation or argument; use email or private messages. The tech sections are for just that, post with some tech in them. Post your build threads, technical questions, how to's, etc. Tech should be related to Electric Vehicles only, not internal combustion.

DON'T post non-technical comments or pictures in the Tech Forums, they will be removed at the moderator's discretion

DON'T abuse site members on the forums, or through email or private messages

DON'T post messages for the sole purpose of attacking a person or company or just to start an argument

DO stay on topic

DO post in the correct forum

The continued existence of this thread violates EVERY ONE of these rules.

eeeeeek, Phillip don't post your ip on the internet!

"Hello, my name is Psychotiller. I too exist and have experience with Ollin Boards."

The sense of entitlement in this thread is really thick. I can't not comment on it.

If you buy parts or are interested in buying parts from another member of the forum you should pretty much know you aren't dealing with amazon.com

You're dealing with a person who is passionate enough about a sport to invest lots of time and money and sweat to give something back. Hopefully make it better. I feel like Jeremiah has definitely contributed to the community.

Personally, I have a family, a full time job and very little time. But my love of boardsports doesn't care about all of that.

I don't like waiting either. I don't feel like I ever have time to waste. Like right now.

This is a do it yourself community that is starting to feel more like a gathering of whiny consumers just looking to be spoon fed all of their parts. Or worse, completes. If they don't get them on time, they whine. If they get them on time, usually they whine about everything and then get all whiny about not being able to easily make their boards perform like most DIY builds. Or even worse, They get all of their information spoon fed to them so that they can then come back all correct and righteous..Chiming in on all new threads from new members like they have it all figured out. Straight up E-board gurus :roll:

Theft is the only reason I personally feel I should be reading a thread like this on any community forum. Outside of that? Not so much.

smashapotamus said:
Extreme censorship? You're posting on a privately owned and operated message board on the internet. You dont have freedom of speech here.

Ive said my piece. If the moderators of this board want to see their community dragged through the mud by allowing senseless and off-topic drama like this to exist on their board out of some misplaced sense of duty then I cannot stop them. I just hope the self entitled trolls dont come to rule the roost here or this place wont be good for anyone for long.

Of course posts like this is useful, they serve a purpose and that is weeding out the bad sellers with honest reviews. Have you read any of Chakas replies? Full of arrogance and no sign of remorse for poor customer service. I haven't dealt with him personally, but just from his replies to the customers is enough to keep me away. He is giving full refund because he knows that Paypal will refund it anyway. In what way is he giving good customer service and why is it bad that the forum knows how he conduct his business?

Saying he is a great contribution to the community is spitting on those that have given much more, without gaining any anything, unlike Chaka, who does this for money.

Ratking said:
smashapotamus said:
Extreme censorship? You're posting on a privately owned and operated message board on the internet. You dont have freedom of speech here.

Ive said my piece. If the moderators of this board want to see their community dragged through the mud by allowing senseless and off-topic drama like this to exist on their board out of some misplaced sense of duty then I cannot stop them. I just hope the self entitled trolls dont come to rule the roost here or this place wont be good for anyone for long.

Of course posts like this is useful, they serve a purpose and that is weeding out the bad sellers with honest reviews. Have you read any of Chakas replies? Full of arrogance and no sign of remorse for poor customer service. I haven't dealt with him personally, but just from his replies to the customers is enough to keep me away. He is giving full refund because he knows that Paypal will refund it anyway. In what way is he giving good customer service and why is it bad that the forum knows how he conduct his business?

Saying he is a great contribution to the community is spitting on those that have given much more, without gaining any anything, unlike Chaka, who does this for money.

Yeah, that'll make sense when anyone on this forum gives anything away for free. I'll take 2 of whatever you're giving away for nothing...let me know when it's shipping

Not saying anyone should work for free, I would say that Vedder gave one of the most valuable thing of this forum totally free :
the complete design, schematics and documentation of the VESC.
And even the shipping is free !!!

He's obviously made money back in donations per unit. Not working for nothing. The only thing in this thread that has been offered for free are opinions.

psychotiller said:
Ratking said:
smashapotamus said:

Yeah, that'll make sense when anyone on this forum gives anything away for free. I'll take 2 of whatever you're giving away for nothing...let me know when it's shipping

Since basics are hard to comprehend; experience and knowledge is what is worth something on this forum primarily. Have you seen the guys with blue names? Or green? Start to read some of their posts and see how knowledgeable, polite and forgiving they are, without getting a cent. That is people I deeply respect and have inspired me. Now, look how Chaka respond to his ex-customers and see why I am writing this. I have nothing personal against Chaka, how could I? This is purly because of his own words.

All the complaining made the prices go up. I should have ordered a VESC last week. They went up $55 over the weekend.

Information is a commodity, most often a paid for commodity.
This forum, as I see it, is a way to distribute information - and yes, for free. Shipping immediately.
Whether one wants, or appreciates, the info is up to the reader.

If someone wants to share their views I personally am good with that, whether I agree with them or not is another matter entirely.
Bad purchase reviews are usually more common that good ones because one expects good service and is unhappy when this is not the case.
I take it we are all relatively intelligent people. If we read something on a forum we should always take it with a pinch of salt.
One bad review may just be a one-off case - I personally would not be put off by a single bad review. If though there were a few and a pattern formed then I would draw my conclusions.
Witch hunt, witch hunter hunting, all pointless. Just make your own opinions.

Then again, such discussions in forums are generally the most read so flame away and keep things interesting. :twisted: :twisted:

stealth71 said:
All the complaining made the prices go up. I should have ordered a VESC last week. They went up $55 over the weekend.

Being used to how forums work, I am highly skeptical towards people with one or two posts. Credibility is a result of contributions over time, you have neither. Strange that this is the common denominator for almost everyone defending the seller.

psychotiller said:
He's obviously made money back in donations per unit. Not working for nothing. The only thing in this thread that has been offered for free are opinions.

Ben started to offer his design long before anybody began to produce and sell them.
If he got donations, that is very well deserved, but truth remains : he is offering VERY valuable knowledge for free.

Again, I do not say one should work for free.
I just wanted to qualify slightly your statement :wink:

This is not new:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=75881

Chaka, I've told you many times, you have to rethink your customer service, I'm an old chap, trust me! :wink:

wow chaka's price did go up 55 bucks. maybe hes sick of giving them away cheap compared to europe. or maybe he's decided to give up the fight with onloop taking over the US with 75$ price.

i have two of his and two more coming and hes helped me a lot even over the phone getting things going. I had the receiver not using channel two and he figured out. I had no idea. Are you all using channel two? whatever it was he got it going for me. I know he's overwhelmed with questions and I'm there asking as well.

I don't know if this guy is a great guy who was naive and just needing to learn fast, or a total jerk. Either way...if customers for a certain product demand high-quality service, it costs more.

There are certain ebike parts companies that never answer answer customer questions after the sale. They compete on lowest price, and don't seem to care about their reputation, because no mater how many people post complaints on the internet...the lowest price always draws a few flies into the spider-web.

If there is an agreed price, for an agreed product and at an agreed time then it is just up to both parties to respect these agreements.
That is not service that is business.
If and when goalposts get changed along the way - that is service. And yes, that costs.

Actually I have no relationship to him and was stating a fact, not defending anyone. I am a consumer of these products and have been looking to order a VESC. I just happened to look at the Ollin site last week. Go search my username you will find I contribute a lot to many forums, just new to the eSkate world and tend to lurk until I have any input or questions.

Ratking said:
stealth71 said:

Being used to how forums work, I am highly skeptical towards people with one or two posts. Credibility is a result of contributions over time, you have neither. Strange that this is the common denominator for almost everyone defending the seller.

The good news is that power-boards have a fairly low entry price for a new business, so a certain amount of competition should keep this industry segment from getting too outrageous.

So you have decided they are "trolls" and they are "wrong". How did you come to those decisions? Who made you the judge of all things?

This is all getting a bit Jerry Springer! Perhaps we should all take a deep breath, and move on. We can all learn from mistakes as well as successes. This level of name calling etc. and general animosity doesn't seem to happen much over on the other threads. Nobody died, and nobody got robbed. We all get the gist..... Caveat emptor. Get over it.

Back